User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 35 to 51 of 60
  1. #35
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, Malaysia
    Posts
    698
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    With or without LD, Datuk LCW already previously had many chances to be a world champion but IMHO, the main reason for him for not able to be one after those many years of participating is not because that there is LD that has able to play better than him as his main obstacle but it is him, Datuk LCW, that has not able to have the character to perform well enough when it's matter the most particularly in a prestigious event such as the world championship ( or Olympics).

    I'll guarantee that if his character when playing in any prestigious event is no difference as how he played in the Malaysia Open, he will sure by now will be multiple world (and Olympic) champion.....and such mental character is what he needs to win this year WC and regardless to whom he is playing, he will sure win it even if LD is there again.

    SS

  2. #36
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    came from the SAR
    Posts
    3,874
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i think the reason LCW couldn't win a major is because he played in too many tournaments (big or small) in the past four years.

  3. #37
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Not fr China, not fr M'sia
    Posts
    316
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    we all hope LCW can finally get himself a world title!!! its at least something he deserves after all the hard work n superb display of badminton in recent years as OG gold might be a little too hard for him considering his age n fitness by that time.. lets all support LCW and hope he gets it!

  4. #38
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Not fr China, not fr M'sia
    Posts
    316
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i see no reason LCW cant get his world title this year.
    1. He's been choosing tourney and playing less, not participating in every tourney, even sacrifices the axiata cup!
    2. LD might not be there to stop him, even if LD is playing, LD will be short of training after honeymoon break!
    3. Although CL has beaten him several times this year, he still has plenty of time to study CL's game n find a solution for it!
    4. The amount of experience he's been in the world of badminton, he's been in finals of OG and WC, no way he'll freeze at that stage!
    5. With DL and CWF getting better n better to spar with him, he can finally get some quality sparring partner back in Malaysia camp!
    6. All his coaches and staffs has been working very hard as to prevent any injuries that might occur!
    7. Mental blockage wont happen as LD, the guy who prevents him on almost all major titles might not be opposite him at the finals!
    8. He has what it takes to be a world champion!
    9. He has the support from the whole nation!
    10. He better win this time!!!


  5. #39
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Citizen of The World
    Posts
    15,188
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    On paper it may appear that WC2011 was LCW's best chance as he came close to winning a tight three-set encounter with Lin Dan, losing the rubber by deuce. But didn't that always happened to LCW in practically all the majors whether he was leading or trailing ? - either Lin Dan won by a clear margin or edged LCW out in the endpoints. Because it occurred so often, in other words it wasn't an isolated case, so much so that whether Lin Dan won by a big margin, as in Beijing'08, or narrowly, as in London'11 or LOG'12, only goes to prove that he is definitely a cut above Lee CW in every sense of the word. Their H2H says it all.

    As to Paris WC 2010, it could be argued that had LCW not lost to Taufik in the morning session, Lin Dan wouldn't have lost to Park SH in the afternoon session because then his motivation wouldn't be affected or he wouldn't let his guard down after knowing of LCW's elimination. But I would argue that for CHN the WC is a important major event and it's not for any experienced CHN player to take it lightly, and additionally, it should be worth mentioning that Park SH during that period was known to be Lin Dan's difficult opponent or 'nemesis of sort' if you like for a number of years then but no longer so recently, a bit inexplicable but there seemed some truth to it.

    Subjectively speaking, the case for Paris'10 being LCW's best chance than London'11 looked more convincing to me. However, I reiterate that this WC'13 at Guangzhou is another golden opportunity for LCW on the assumption that Lin Dan is out of the picture. That's because I feel that regardless what form Lin Dan is in, he will still pose to LCW a mental challenge, a psychological hurdle, a shadow that saps his self-confidence and shakes his inner belief. This problem becomes more pronounced to LCW especially now that he has openly admitted Chen Long is a new major threat to him going forward, not only Lin Dan.

    For the Supreme Trio who are in a league of their own at the moment, a battle of the minds cannot be underestimated.

  6. #40
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Citizen of The World
    Posts
    15,188
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    After watching the replay of the Chen Long - LCW London Olympic semi-final, I'm convinced Chen Long didn't play to his capacity; he was a bit sluggish, somewhat passive and reactive, didn't play his game right. Luckily he stepped up his game to win the bronze medal match with Lee HI. For sure Chen long is a different player now.

    Even so, I opine that Chen Long's chances against LCW come August is still at most 50-50. In this WC'13, I'd expect LCW to give of his very best and throw everything at it. No more excuses or reasons as otherwise we will end up having to say that every time he loses (excluding to Lin Dan), it's because he's not at his best, not that his opponent is better that time. How often can we do that without doing LCW a disservice and being disrespectful to his opponents?

    Whatever the outcome, I believe this WC'13 will reveal to a certain extent whether LCW is on the decline, finally and not just temporarily. To ascertain that, I trust those of you experts here (I'm not one of them ) can observe how he plays and not simply look at the results.

    In the absence of Lin Dan, Chen Long will be the one carrying CHN's hopes, shouldering the major responsibility and facing the pressure of the burden of expectation, something he didn't have to face as much in his two previous encounters with LCW in the HK and AE tourneys. Let's see how Chen Long deals with his newfound role.

  7. #41
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    in front of my lappie
    Posts
    870
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    2010 lin dan lost
    but lcw never win.
    2013 ae,lin dan never come,but lcw also lost
    wakakakaka!
    and your point is?

    3. Although CL has beaten him several times this year, he still has plenty of time to study CL's game n find a solution for it!


    unfortunaly, so does CL and the chinese camp.

    4. The amount of experience he's been in the world of badminton, he's been in finals of OG and WC, no way he'll freeze at that stage!


    i know AE is no match to WC and OG in terms of pressure, but despite being LCW 5th finals in row (otoh, 1st for CL), CL could performed better. but let's see what will happen if they really meet in WC 2013 final.

    Last edited by bad's fan; 03-28-2013 at 01:07 PM.

  8. #42
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    22,181
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bad's fan View Post
    and your point is?
    i dont think lcw will win it

  9. #43
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    aberdeen
    Posts
    664
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    i dont think lcw will win it
    LCW will win this time.

  10. #44
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    35,945
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

  11. #45
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Badmintonshire
    Posts
    1,580
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Without LD, whoever win WC13 will be discredited by the fact that LD was absent.. not by being defeated in the competition by anyone, but being denied by the rules...

    poor WC13 winner...

  12. #46
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    India
    Posts
    5,085
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Whoever gets the title, he is world champion. No matter whether LD is present or absent .. Lol..
    Last edited by scorpion1; 03-30-2013 at 04:22 AM.

  13. #47
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    22,181
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonc108 View Post
    Without LD, whoever win WC13 will be discredited by the fact that LD was absent.. not by being defeated in the competition by anyone, but being denied by the rules...

    poor WC13 winner...
    yeah,i agree.
    i think paul didnt deserve his 1996 OG gold medal too.
    lin dan wasnt there

  14. #48
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    India
    Posts
    5,085
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    yeah,i agree.
    i think paul didnt deserve his 1996 OG gold medal too.
    lin dan wasnt there
    No need to worry about . Whoever wins it, they are the true champions .No doubt in that at all... So, just by saying something to favour their idol does not do anything to the World champions of 2013 . They are just die hard fans of LinDan to open a thread like this and lit fire ..

  15. #49
    Regular Member Zhierl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Oww, that's a secret ...
    Posts
    17
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    yeah,i agree.
    i think paul didnt deserve his 1996 OG gold medal too.
    lin dan wasnt there
    The problem is, in OG '96 all best players participated.
    In WC '13, not all participated and that is LD.

    Paul's case like JXP in OG '00 & TH in OG '04 even ABK in OG '92.
    WC '13 is another different case ...

  16. #50
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    817
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonc108 View Post
    Without LD, WC13 is the best chance for LCW to win.
    Yes, I agree it is LCW's best chance to grab the gold medal, at least: the extremely good chance.

  17. #51
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Badmintonshire
    Posts
    1,580
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default BWF is helping CW by denying LD a wild card

    Quote Originally Posted by well-son View Post
    Yes, I agree it is LCW's best chance to grab the gold medal, at least: the extremely good chance.
    BWF is helping CW by denying LD a wild card... at least looks like...

    Particularly CW said this may be his last WC... he deserve to have one, by all means...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •