Fake Yonex Racket Codes

Discussion in 'Identify Fake Racket (Price/Source/Serial/Photos a' started by ThomasJE, Mar 26, 2013.

1. ThomasJE

ThomasJE Regular Member

Hi,

I have noticed that a lot of people don't know about the codes that are on genuine Yonex rackets, so have difficulty deducing a real Yonex from a fake. So, if we had a thread clearly detailing what the codes are, what they stand for and the differences between real and fake, then forum members can have a better understanding as a whole.

So, I'll start with what I know:

Cone codes are in the format DDMMYXCC (e.g. 140726UK).
    DD is the date the racket was made (14 = 14th)
    MM is the month the racket was made (07 = July)
    Y is the year the racket was made (2 = 2012)
    - With the year, 2 could mean 2002 as well as 2012; but a racket is normally not produced for 10 years.
    No-one knows what the X stand for; Yonex keep this disclosed
    CC is the distribution code/country code (UK = United Kingdom)
    PS: Could we have a list of all the country codes Yonex uses?
    UK = United Kingdom
    US = USA
    JP = Japan
    SP = Singapore
    And there are many more.

So, moving on to the shaft serial.
    The shaft serial is a 7 digit number unique to every racket made in the same country. The country the racket is made in affects the shaft serial.
    Rackets made in Japan have a serial beginning in a 2 or a 3 (2XXXXXX/3XXXXXX)
    Rackets made in Taiwan have a serial beginning in a 7 or an 8 (7XXXXXX/8XXXXXX)
    Rackets made in China have a serial code beginning in a 4 or a 5 (4XXXXXX/5XXXXXX)
    Of course, the serial codes will all eventually increase to 9999999; but the codes are accurate at the time of writing.

There are a lot of details that are either incorrect or missing, but this is just a draft. Feel free to add or correct any details here. Also, if you know any more country codes, please post them. Thanks in advance.

2. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    we already know what the X stands for. it is a revision number. eg. rackets like AT700 which has a lot of generation gets a higher number.

3. ThomasJE

ThomasJE Regular Member

OK; I will add that in.

Also, how do you edit your posts? I can't find the button.

4. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

There already is a list with practically all country codes somewhere around here and probably a post like yours as well floating around ;) [only the link is still broken in post #1 of the serial number thread, but perhaps it can now be linked to your post [​IMG] ]. Also rackets made in Japan starting with 2 or 3 is not accurate, it is only accurate for rackets produced in recent times . There's probably loads of old stock left in shops that is not covered by this range ... and we have reached the 4's end of 2012/beginning 2013 [​IMG].

It is also impossible to explain in practical terms a fake code that is reasonably accurate from a genuine one therefore it is still best to focus on the physical aspects of a racket and logic or common sense.

#4 demolidor, Mar 26, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2013
  5. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

6. heraldry27

heraldry27 New Member

I have a racket (VTLDF) where the serial code simply writes ‘LIMITED’. It’s still laser engraved but I’m not sure whether it’s still a genuine. Everything else is usual though, such as holographic sticker.