Repairing rackets

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by david14700, Nov 11, 2003.

1. david14700

david14700 Regular Member

I've heard about companies in the UK that can repair broken graphite rackets.

They always have these before and after photos showing a crumpled Yonex racket and the same racket looking all new and glossy after the repair.

Does anyone know where they do this?

I have a favorite racket from my childhood (an original Cab 20, from the very first year they came out, with an autographed headcover by Park Joo Bong) and it has a small crack on the frame. I'd love to get it repaired and play with it once more just for old times' sake.

2. yonexfanatic

yonexfanatic Regular Member

i do not know of a place in the UK where they can repair rackets however, i can tell you that after the repair, the racket will not feel 100% like it used to.

I just broke my ti swing power this past weekend and it's fixable. I plan to bring it in to a well know friend of mine that fixes rackets with some "carbon graphite". I realize that the result will make my racket not totally the same, however like you, I like my racket and I plan to fix it (also i've only owned the racket for a year and some months).

3. Dill

Dill Regular Member

Lazy git (my coach can verify this)
    Central sports can repair rackets here is their site

Central sports

You can get rackets repaired to a better quality than you used to be able to nowdays so it is not as bad as they used to be but the balance of the racket will still change.

aparently they use individual graphite fibres now instead of the sheets so it may be worth giving them a call

4. Dill

Dill Regular Member

Lazy git (my coach can verify this)
  5. david14700

david14700 Regular Member

Thanks for the help guys, will try them out and let you know how it turns out.

6. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    david

i dunno if u plan to play or retire your cab20 but i suggest u not to repair it.