User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default To buy or not to buy...

Hi Guys,

Need some advise, I'm a yy arc10 (NBG98 25lbs) user for quite awhile. Recently I just bought a Vt80PG (BG66 Ultimax 24lbs) on impulse, it was just too beautiful to resist

After playing with the racket i have no regrets. But after seeing so many positive reviews on the VTZF, I'm contemplating whether to get one.

Will the difference in performance between VT80 vs VTZF be alot? Or maybe let me rephrase my question, Will VTZF consider an upgrade to the VT80? Because I don't wish to buy another very similar racket...

Tks bros!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

for some the difference is significant, for some - it's not. for me, vt80 plays nicer and is easier to swing (vtzf has extra stiff shaft).
    Buying vtzf won't add anything to your game, stick with what you've got.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you in Singapore ? I think there are numerous players using VTZF in Singapore, can easily spot it almost every time I play. You can probably just find your badminton buddies and borrow his/hers to try a couple of shots.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yup I'm in SG. The only bad thing is I don't have frens using high-end rackets... I'm the only one more willing to invest in them...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, it's rather easy to sell a used racket in SG. You can even buy used VTZF from BC in SG. If money's not much of an issue for you, then you should treat yourself with a new toy ) I can tell you from my experience, I bought VTZF first, playedwith it for 2-3 weeks and came to realize that it's not easy to play with and probably is affecting my game negatively. After giving it much thought and reading a lot of reviews on VT80, i finally got myself one (both 3U), and it was defininitely easier for me to handle. Now as I have progressed a lot in my game, have also been training my wrist intensively - I find it possible to play with VTZF, but VT80 still feels nicer, so i sold the VTZF (wasnt easy here )) )
    If you want to experiment, you should look at the other brands. I personally ordered N90-II from MBS )

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For me money is always an issue & VT80PG is my new toy, I just bought it less than a month lol!

If I'm really getting the VTZF, I'll most likely going to get a 2nd hand one too.

Currently I'm using the VT80PG for all my games, trying to get used to a head heavy racket but that racket is just too beautiful and I hope to keep it in mint condition... That's y I'm considering to get the VTZF as my full time singles racket so that I can use the VT80PG as backup.

As for experimenting, I'm not so adventurous lol n also I do prefer Yonex brand more because of its heritage. But that's just my personal preference... Anyway I really do appreciate the advise tks bro!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No point getting the vtzf. U might be better off getting another vt80pg in a diff weight. The 3u has good added power over the 4u, the 4u is quicker and easier to use it in response.

I just reluctantly sold my vtzf ltd, always thinking that i could get more out of it etc, but in the end the racquet stiffness, smaller frame, and its more extreme headheavy balance was affecting a bit of defence, and i couldnt draw much added smash advantage with the zf over the vt80pg.

8. Likes quixilver liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I'll tentatively put my plans on getting the VTZF on hold first until I actually get to try one then decide... Seems like the VTZF isn't much of an upgrade vs the VT80...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Vt-ZF is a lateral move and not an upgrade. Upgrade implies that it is better than the Vt80.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if you want to experiment with Yonex rackets than use the matrix graph they have and by a racket with different attributes. both racket possess almost the same qualities as top heavy and balanced between control and power. I used a VT80 and a Nanospeed 9900 and I personally preferred the lighter head for siongles and doubles. Now i am getting an arcsaber FB to try out a control biased light headed racket.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

me too,thank you,I'm the only one more willing to invest in them.