User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aliceuyennguyen View Post
    I am using an RSL M10 Laser 900 only. Awesome, i feel it more interesting than YN9900 or YN800 or LN N80.
    except it is not carlton

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've got quite a few Carlton's, and they're all pretty good performers.

Started with the Fireblade FX8, then the Airblade and the Powerblade and the Vapour Trails came into my collection.

Probably like the Fireblade's performance above all else, but I have admit that the Carltons just seem to fall short when you pit them against powerhouses like Yonex and Li-Ning.

They're great rackets, but when I want to up it another notch, I'll probably reach for my Voltrics or ArcSabers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is mainly due to the price hike by Carlton UK when introducing their "innovative" Razor and Kinesis series. I think they have got their marketing wrong as they thought the previous Powerblade/Fireblade/Vapour Trail series have brought them back to life. But that was due to a good combination of lower prices and relatively good performances with those series. Considering that I am paying over 120quids for a racket, I would always go for a Yonex, which, at least, is made in Japan. Carlton will have to be something very special to compete at the price bracket.

By the way, that Newcastle FC owner also owns Dunlop/Wilson/Slazengers as well.......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just to correct colekwok Mike Ashley owns dunlop/slazenger and not wilson...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've used carlton before (Fireblade series) and after some Yonex, SOTX, Kason and Victor I am now back to Carlton (Powerblade Elite).

Great rackets for a great price. Sure you can find something better, but not for the price I got them for (they were on sale as "old collection" Think I paid like 50 euro a racket). I haven't tried out any of the "new and expensive" collection.
    Last edited by Thompson; 05-22-2013 at 10:38 AM.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the powerblade is a great racket with their price. But the top range just too expensive here.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

vapour trail series, can't go wrong!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi All, first post so go easy. What's the story on the Carlton Nanoblade Pro racquet as it's got a RRP of circa 160 and can be purchased for 22 in the uk from Racketworld? Are these any good or just cheap imports from the East? Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honestly, I have no idea. All European Carlton rackets are made in China anyway. Saying that, you may get a nice surprise from them. I am still using some old Fireblade Tour which I got for around 30quids each, I think they are some very decent rackets for the money. Lots of advance players liked them when they played with it. For 29.99 online, you certainly can risk it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Cheaper than Online price

Quote Originally Posted by colekwok View Post
    Honestly, I have no idea. All European Carlton rackets are made in China anyway. Saying that, you may get a nice surprise from them. I am still using some old Fireblade Tour which I got for around 30quids each, I think they are some very decent rackets for the money. Lots of advance players liked them when they played with it. For 29.99 online, you certainly can risk it.
    I made an Offer of 22 and this was accepted and then noticed the deal for x 2 Nanoblade Pro + Net + 3 shuttles for 39.99 and they counter-offered my 30 with 37.99. have not yet Countered their Offer! Therefore the better deal is to buy the Set and get a Racquet for 19 Worth thinking about as one always needs TWO Racquets in your bag!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've never heard of the nanoblade pro. Just looking at the weight and picture it seems to be a low end racket but for the prices your talking about it may be worth a try.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Nanoblade Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Dave1011 View Post
    I've never heard of the nanoblade pro. Just looking at the weight and picture it seems to be a low end racket but for the prices your talking about it may be worth a try.
    Is this racquet made by Carlton and does it have a RRP of 160? Are Racquetworld pulling a fast One? Sure 20 is cheap and when golfers pay hundreds for Clubs and Fees, badminton is a cheap hobby. I want to know please if Racquetworld are to be trusted?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Racquet world usually sells low to mid range rackets that are old models but yes you should be ok to trust them. I wouldn't believe the RRP, Carlton's most expensive rackets initially sell for around 150 but usually come down to less than 50 when being replaced.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2