User Tag List

Page 14 of 48 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah ……
    Baddy is too fast. Even the photo shooter has to be crafty.

I think D70 equipped with AI Servo AF. Have you tried it, Kwun? It may not work for baddy, because the change in third moment is none linear and too rapid in Baddy. AI Servo AF uses movement of an object and predicts its ‘next’ position. Give it a try if you haven’t.

Direct quote from Canon site.
    AI servo mode continually adjusts the focus as long as you hold the shutter button halfway down. It’s designed to help you keep a moving subject in focus and is great for sports and nature photography, or any other situations where you are photographing fast-moving subjects. As you pan to follow the subject, the autofocus system follows the subject on the active focus point and keeps it in focus. The camera uses your selected AF point to focus unless you are using auto, in which case it uses the center AF point. If the subject then moves, it will remain in focus as long as it’s covered by one of the seven focus points although the one being used isn’t displayed in red. Even when focus is achieved in this mode the focus confirmation light doesn’t light and the beeper doesn’t sound. AI servo is the autofocus mode selected for you in Sports mode. When a subject is moving toward or away from the camera at a fixed rate, the camera can predict where it will be when the shutter opens and ensure that it’s in focus. In this mode—called predictive autofocus, the camera will shoot even when a subject isn’t in focus and exposure is determined just before the picture is taken.

http://www.shortcourses.com/10D/focus.htm

PS: Canon 10d should be similar to D70
    Last edited by fan; 12-21-2004 at 05:54 PM.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fan
    Ah ……
    Baddy is too fast. Even the photo shooter has to be crafty.

I think D70 equipped with AI Servo AF. Have you tried it, Kwun? It may not work for baddy, because the change in third moment is none linear and too rapid in Baddy. AI Servo AF uses movement of an object and predicts its ‘next’ position. Give it a try if you haven’t.
    no i haven't. i haven't experimented with running-shots in badminton. most of the time i concentrate in the 4 corners, which on their own is already making me the amateur photographer scratching my head, running in circles screaming. any more ideas my head might blow up...

badminton, as Raphy (a pro) pointed out, definitely stresses the ability of the photographer as well as the camera equipment. and as red00estrat (another pro) says, think out of the box, if your equipment/ability is unable to take action shots well, do something else, try off-rally candid close-up shots of the players.

the off-rally candid pics are definitely quite cool, if not cooler than the action shots, imho.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wood_22_chuck
    I don't actually HAVE a D70 ... but I'm sure looking to get one for Christmas this year! Plus lens and flash too.

-dave
    Dave, did you receive a D70 for Christmas

Lucky me has got the go ahead for a camera upgrade The other half got fantastically annoyed during a school performance. The point-and-shoot digital that we have was grossly inadequate. Looks like I'll be getting a D70 soon!

One question for the camera users.

I don't quite understand the focal length issue.

A 50mm lens is effectively 75 mm for a 35 mm camera. But this applies to only certain lenses, right?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need a set of 4 new tires cause according to the dealer, my tires are "bald" 6 months ago, but the tire wear indicator didn't agree. There's corraboration now though, so that takes precedence.

Nothing like low-light photography to show how SLR's out-performs point-n-shoots, eh?

Think of the image as an image cone with the screen in it's path. Since the digital "screen" is smaller than the regular film frame, the digital screen sits further back, for the same field of view (panaromic perspective).

Conversely, for the same image size, the field of view will be narrower, since you have to move in closer for the same subject size (subject perspective).

Here's a link to a short description, with pictures:

Focal Length Multiplier

I'm going to be the happiest guy alive when I actually do get a digital SLR.

Are you getting a flash with the D70, too?

-dave

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheung
    Dave, did you receive a D70 for Christmas

Lucky me has got the go ahead for a camera upgrade The other half got fantastically annoyed during a school performance. The point-and-shoot digital that we have was grossly inadequate. Looks like I'll be getting a D70 soon!

One question for the camera users.

I don't quite understand the focal length issue.

A 50mm lens is effectively 75 mm for a 35 mm camera. But this applies to only certain lenses, right?
    excellent! next time when we get to watch badminton together, we can exchange notes on photo techniques too!

focal length, the effective angle of view for the D70 is 1.5x what it would be for a regular film camera. this applies for all lenses. so as you said, a 50mm on the D70 have the same angle of view as a 75mm on a regular film SLR.

i recommend getting the kit lens with your purchase as it has a very useful range 18-70mm. (equiv to 27-105mm) optical quality is very good as reported by other photo enthusiasts..

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Nothing like low-light photography to show how SLR's out-performs point-n-shoots, eh?
    that's right

I think I could have coped IF I was attending. But I wasn't and all the imperfections turned up. See, auto mode does have some uses after all. It fulfilled the perfect function of getting me permission to buy new equipment. LOL.

I'll go for the package option, get the flash (xx800), think about the 50mm F1.8 for indoor low light and browse through the rest of the lens. F2.8 zoom lenses will do nicely.

In addition, I'll also make the case for a new laptop and card reader to download all those digital photos.

Too many memory cards is not a good idea and download is only USB 1.1. Kwun had that problem in S'pore, I beleive.
    Last edited by Cheung; 12-26-2004 at 11:47 PM.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

In addition, I'll also make the case for a new laptop and card reader to download all those digital photos.

Too many memory cards is not a good idea and download is only USB 1.1. Kwun had that problem in S'pore, I beleive.
    the solution is to get a PCMCIA reader that can read CF cards. otherwise, to transfer a 1Gig CF card cost me 25mins, a whole match was gone!

lots of new purchases, are you taking advantage of the xmas season?

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun
    the solution is to get a PCMCIA reader that can read CF cards. otherwise, to transfer a 1Gig CF card cost me 25mins, a whole match was gone!

lots of new purchases, are you taking advantage of the xmas season?
    Ahh, well HK is going to implement a goods sales tax in maybe a couple of years time. Best make those purchases now!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ahh, well HK is going to implement a goods sales tax in maybe a couple of years time. Best make those purchases now!
    that goes for baddy equipments too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Finally I got my camera.

I just got a Pentax IsDs, with a 512mb utlra sd card, and a 18-125mm lens and I can use a lot of my "old" lens'.
    Now I just need some badminton to shoot.

Regards
    Johansen
    www.badminton-nyt.dk

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Johansen
    Finally I got my camera.

I just got a Pentax IsDs, with a 512mb utlra sd card, and a 18-125mm lens and I can use a lot of my "old" lens'.
    Now I just need some badminton to shoot.

Regards
    Johansen
    www.badminton-nyt.dk
    Go to the danish league final KMB vs. ??? and don't fill up your card too fast

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by demolidor
    Go to the danish league final KMB vs. ??? and don't fill up your card too fast
    Sure, I already went to the semifinals, and got some nice shots.

Here is Nathan Robertson from tuesdays semifinal:

Johansen
    www.badminton-nyt.dk

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Johansen
    Sure, I already went to the semifinals, and got some nice shots.

Here is Nathan Robertson from tuesdays semifinal:

Johansen
    www.badminton-nyt.dk
    Nice, what team does he play for? Already looked it up; so they lost huh.
    Is this the first match of the semifinal or the return match already?
    Last edited by demolidor; 02-25-2005 at 06:26 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default D50 specs are out

The D50 Kit (including the 18-55 mm lens) will cost around US$899 when it's available in June
    Last edited by cooler; 04-21-2005 at 02:02 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default D70s specs are out

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0504/05...s.asp#compared
    The D70s Kit (including the 18-70 mm lens) will cost around $1199, while the body only will be $899, expected to ship in early May.
    Last edited by cooler; 04-21-2005 at 02:03 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

for those who want to buy camera equipment in hk, here is a list of prices that is regularly updated. i bought my nikon 50/1.4D second hand from tin cheung for about hk$1200. tamron 28-75/2.8 was hk$2650 (also from tin cheung) when i bought it last december.

http://www.ygdragon.net/index.php?pa...ameraprice.htm

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mini Me
    for those who want to buy camera equipment in hk, here is a list of prices that is regularly updated. i bought my nikon 50/1.4D second hand from tin cheung for about hk$1200. tamron 28-75/2.8 was hk$2650 (also from tin cheung) when i bought it last december.

http://www.ygdragon.net/index.php?pa...ameraprice.htm
    That guy updates his webpage really fast! It definately is a very useful site.

Page 14 of 48 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast