User Tag List

View Poll Results: Will Lee Chong Wei win the 2013 World Championship?

Voters
188. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, Lee Chong Wei will win!

74 39.36%
  • No, he will lose.

114 60.64%
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One will becomes smarter after getting married and having children. One will learns when to keep mouth shut when your wife is voicing her opinion. Beside, you need more money cause you have more mouths to feed. LCW will work much harder and smarter than before. He will win if LD is not coming.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nah... he's a bit handicapped...

physically not strong enough and doesn't have good reach on the court like LD...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry,when is the last day to vote? I haven't cast mine yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not a chance for LCW as the Badminton King LD is back on WC. And it is LD's wife home court. LD will try his best. Really want to see LD vs CL in the final. Legendary vs Future. Hope LD will make his 5th WC. Go Lin Dan GO!!!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by morningfly View Post
    Not a chance for LCW as the Badminton King LD is back on WC. And it is LD's wife home court. LD will try his best. Really want to see LD vs CL in the final. Legendary vs Future. Hope LD will make his 5th WC. Go Lin Dan GO!!!
    don't be so sure la. LD got a wildcard is one case, but will LD won the WC is another case. there is still a war to win before he can claimed the title, and looking from the ranking he has now, the war won't be an easy one for sure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For LD, ranking doesn't mean anything. We all know why the ranking is so low. LD never stopped exercise on his 6 months long vacation, not even on his wedding day. LD will be ready soon.

If you want to win the title, you have to beat anyone you play with. Don't think anyone wants to play LD on the first round. that might be the good thing for LD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now I think LCW could win, motivated by his anger over LD's wild card, though I am disappointed by his such anger...

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hold back until now to vote as I want to see how confirmation of Lin Dan's participation or not would affect Lee CW's morale. Guess I know the answer now. To be honest, all the while I'm fairly confident Lee CW has about 50-55% chance of winning this world title irrespective of Lin Dan's participation. But after hearing of Lee CW's negative comments and self-deprecating reactions, my confidence in him drops. I'm having a change of mind and thinks he won't win it. To be honest, Lee CW's patchy form since the SSF last Dec'12 where he lost to DuPY and then his shock defeat at Tian Houwei's hand in the recent AUS Open'13 didn't sway me as much as his unflattering outburst at Lin Dan's wild card entry.

However, after reading Jonc108's contrarian view above, I realize Lin Dan's wild card entry is a double-edged sword. It might just be the catalyst that enables Lee CW to let go and throw caution to the wind and possibly do a Tine Baun as in her finale AE'13.

Actually, it also matters whether Lin Dan is in his half of the draw or not. With LD in the opposite half, Lee CW just have to worry about meeting either LD or CL in the final and not both of them enroute to the final. But then if he beats LD before playing CL in the final, his confidence will get a big boost to overcome CL for the title.

So...hmm...after some deliberation, my final vote is 'No' because I doubt him and think his weakness in lack of sufficient mental strength is cause for concern and that's not something that can change in a couple of months.

Anyway, ultimately, Lee CW's fate is in his own hands. Who knows, he might just surprise us.
    Last edited by Justin L; 05-10-2013 at 11:13 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Justin L View Post
    I hold back until now to vote as I want to see how confirmation of Lin Dan's participation or not would affect Lee CW's morale. Guess I know the answer now. To be honest, all the while I'm fairly confident Lee CW has about 50-55% chance of winning this world title irrespective of Lin Dan's participation. But after hearing of Lee CW's negative comments and self-deprecating reactions, my confidence in him drops. I'm having a change of mind and thinks he won't win it. To be honest, Lee CW's patchy form since the SSF last Dec'12 where he lost to DuPY and then his shock defeat at Tian Houwei's hand in the recent AUS Open'13 didn't sway me as much as his unflattering outburst at Lin Dan's wild card entry.

However, after reading Jonc108's contrarian view above, I realize Lin Dan's wild card entry is a double-edged sword. It might just be the catalyst that enables Lee CW to let go and throw caution to the wind and possibly do a Tine Baun as in her finale AE'13.

Actually, it also matters whether Lin Dan is in his half of the draw or not. With LD in the opposite half, Lee CW just have to worry about meeting either LD or CL in the final and not both of them enroute to the final. But then if he beats LD before playing CL in the final, his confidence will get a big boost to overcome CL for the title.

So...hmm...after some deliberation, my final vote is 'No' because I doubt him and think his weakness in lack of sufficient mental strength is cause for concern and that's not something that can change in a couple of months.

Anyway, ultimately, Lee CW's fate is in his own hands. Who knows, he might just surprise us.
    Nicely said!

An interesting WC tourney is waiting ahead of us with all the 'drama' already emerge till now. And in the end of the day, let the best player, whoever he is, crowned as the World Champion.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bad's fan View Post
    Nicely said!

An interesting WC tourney is waiting ahead of us with all the 'drama' already emerge till now. And in the end of the day, let the best player, whoever he is, crowned as the World Champion.
    Thanks, that's also why I feel we've to thank BWF profusely for Lin Dan's inclusion in this WC which makes it not only important but highly exciting, greatly interesting and decidedly dramatic for the players and spectators alike.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bad's fan View Post
    Nicely said!

Hope CL can beat LCW and LD.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think he will win. Lin Dan is not up to full fitness yet; so I can't see him winning. So his main rival will be Chen Long. He can beat him, but whether he will is another thing. But I think he will.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is still 3 months to go. It won't take long for Lin Dan to recover. He is such an experience player.I will follow the general rule If lin Dan wants it, lcw might not get it.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasJE View Post
    I think he will win. Lin Dan is not up to full fitness yet; so I can't see him winning. So his main rival will be Chen Long. He can beat him, but whether he will is another thing. But I think he will.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jkkwongnz View Post
    It is still 3 months to go. It won't take long for Lin Dan to recover. He is such an experience player.I will follow the general rule If lin Dan wants it, lcw might not get it.
    Agree ! People are still clinging on to this small hope (especially bolehans) that one day LCW will actually beat LD in a final of a major(WC,OG or AG). But no one realizes LCW has already performed to his full potential and it is just not enough... even worse, now his motivation to win has diminished due to financial security on his part and being spoiled by the gov, coaches, family and fans...

The real question now should be if CL can actually step up his game to beat LD in the final of a major... now someone should create a thread or topic for this question... that's more worth posting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sadly, I do not see him winning if Lin Dan and Chen Long is in it. Even if Lin Dan is in Chen Long's half and Chen Long is the one who faces Lee Chong Wei in the final, I think Chen Long has improved to the point where Lee Chong Wei can no longer beat him in his serious mode like we seen in the Olympics. After all, Lee Chong Wei tried so hard to beat Chen Long in the All-England final this year but failed.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by undeadshot View Post
    Sadly, I do not see him winning if Lin Dan and Chen Long is in it. Even if Lin Dan is in Chen Long's half and Chen Long is the one who faces Lee Chong Wei in the final, I think Chen Long has improved to the point where Lee Chong Wei can no longer beat him in his serious mode like we seen in the Olympics. After all, Lee Chong Wei tried so hard to beat Chen Long in the All-England final this year but failed.
    Umm, how people said it? Is it: "it's not end till it's end"?

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast