Which Badminton racket to buy

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by arshatharahim, Mar 29, 2013.

1. arshatharahim

arshatharahim New Member

Student
    I am beginner level player... My style of playing is defending.. I don't have much power with my strokes.. My main plays are drop shots and placement... I need more power for my shots.. so that i can force more cross courts... Please help me.... NO expensive rackets please

2. diverdan

diverdan Regular Member

graduate
    What are you using at the moment?

3. arshatharahim

arshatharahim New Member

Student
    I am using a cosco racquet named cb 150.. its kinda good but my finishing touches are not great.. i started using my friends vector x and Wilson racquets with which i played much better... but dont know the details of their racquets...
    [h=1][/h]

4. arshatharahim

arshatharahim New Member

Student
    I am hoping for something better now like yonex or wilson

5. diverdan

diverdan Regular Member

graduate
    Maybe find out what they were and see how much they are. I would suggest trying as many as you can before buying. You may also find by getting your current racket restrung that you won't need to buy a new racket.

Generally people go for mid-flex, even balanced rackets to start with and a string tension of around 22lbs. At your stage you don't want to spend anymore than £70 and I would go for something around £50. Yonex and Victor are good brands. Look at it as an investment. You will probably have your racket for a while so if you go for the better end the money won't be lost. But you must practice your technique in order for power to increase. It doesn't happen over night. A racket is not going to help unless you have the right technique. Look at the pro's, how long do they practice for?

#5 diverdan, Mar 29, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2013
  6. diverdan

diverdan Regular Member

graduate