Frequent string breaks, yonex BG66

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by shaun166, Mar 29, 2013.

1. shaun166

shaun166 Regular Member

Hi guys, how often do your yonex BG66 string breaks? My racket string broke again and my last re-string was less than a month ago :crying:. The tension was 25. I'm a average player, play 1-2 times a week. I'm using apacs slayer 99.

Have it got to do with my racket? Because my old racket string seldom breaks so frequently but its tension was 23.5.

2. phaaam

phaaam Regular Member

Is it breaking on a mishit? At the top of the racket? Cross or main?

BG66 is a thin string and it's also less durable than something like BG66 Ultimax. You could try other strings if you really like that gauge. Potentially BG66UM, NBG98 or Zymax 65.

It could be your stringer as well unless you've had it strung by them for years.

3. shaun166

shaun166 Regular Member

Hi, i have uploaded a photo with indication of where the string always break. The breaking happened when I was doing a drop shot.

14909_l.jpg

4. alex292

alex292 Regular Member

Student
    if the string always breaks at the same location, then maybe you should check the grommets. I once had a broken grommet that destroyed me 3 new strings in one month until I figured it out.
    Even a small edge in a grommet can cause such problems and sometimes is hard to spot.