Badminton @ Thomas Jefferson Community Center - Arlington, VA

Discussion in 'USA East' started by abeku, Apr 1, 2013.

1. abeku

abeku Regular Member

Student
    Does anyone play badminton at the Thomas Jefferson Community Center in Arlington, VA?

I spoke to the friendly staff at the community center and apparently hardly anyone comes to play badminton. They have dedicated timings for badminton from Mon- Thursday, 4:30- 10:00 pm and with advance notice will set up one court. Players would have to bring their own racquets and shuttlecocks.

Are there any Arlington residents like me out there who would be interested in taking a daily pass or 3 month, 6 month or annual membership (avg. 16.25/month plus you get to use the gym and access to 6 locations) to try it out? I have got confirmation that there is no additional fee for playing badminton once you have a membership. I'm an intermediate skill-level badminton player and currently play in other clubs. This location however is tempting because it is in my neck of the woods :)

Thoughts? Anyone interested?

2. abeku

abeku Regular Member

Student
    Any takers? This place is huge with an indoor track and fitness equipment. There seem to be quite a few pickle ball players at the center.

346643_122121440.jpg
    TJ Community Center.jpg

3. Kshamajay

Kshamajay New Member

Education Management
    Hey There!!

I am not sure if you received response, as I am unable to see them.

I am in Richmond for a week, and do wish to play during my time here. Did you manage to find an active place for badminton. I seem to find a lot of them online, but most seem inactive when i call.

appreciate your help.
    thanks