Counterfeit? Shuttles from China.

Discussion in 'Shuttlecock' started by Ted1983, Apr 2, 2013.

1. Ted1983

Ted1983 New Member

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has any experience of buying shuttles in bulk from Aliexpress.com. I've looked at the rackets on there and they're all fake, however I thought it might be worth a punt on a job lot of shuttles as they can be had for about 8USD per dozen; We can't buy shuttles locally for less than about 2 quid each!

For example these (http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Auth...eather-badminton-Free-Shipping/768261996.html) claim to be class A goose feather, and some of the pictures of the "AS50's" on there do look like actual goose feathers (even if they're fakes).

Has anyone taken a chance on anything like this? If so, were they shuttles any good?

2. yan.v

yan.v Regular Member

USRSA MRT & Certification Tester
    Black feathers ? what a terrible idea...

Almost everything that's related to badminton is fake on aliexpress so I wouldn't bother.

3. Ted1983

Ted1983 New Member

I quite like the look of the black feathers; do you think they'd be harder to see?

Anyway, I know all (most?) of the stuff there is fake, I was just wondering if some of the shuttles would be OK from a price/performance perspective?

I was thinking it cant be that hard to make a decent shuttle, even if it's fake? (Obviously I'd never touch the rackets on there.) Anyway if anyone has tried any from one of these sites let me know how bad/good they were.

4. yan.v

yan.v Regular Member

Yeah they'd be very hard to see, unless the lighting is incredibly good.

As for the quality, I've never seen anyone satisfied with fake shuttles. They are usually way worse than club quality real shuttles. Maybe you should try some cheaper club shuttles like Aeroclub, etc.

5. Ted1983

Ted1983 New Member

Aeroclub07s are still about $25 (USD) per dozen (+ delivery) from Amazon UK.

Our local sports shop sells brittle Carlton shuttles which die in about 2 minutes for £2+.
    That's why I was tempted by some of the cheap imports; if they only last for 1 minute that's an improvement in terms of price to durability.

6. yan.v

yan.v Regular Member

What about Lining shuttles ? They have some that retail around 15$ per tube.

RSL also has some decent cheaper shuttles. I'd stay away from Victor shuttles, even the higher quality ones can barely survive 3 hits.

From my experience though, buying shuttles that are a little more expensive but last longer gives better cost/durability ratio.

7. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    best is you buy some, test it out and let us know.

i am with yan.v on this one. aliexpress is almost 100% fake. it is like ebay but worse, as every item there comes from China. and cheap badminton stuff that originate from China are always guaranteed to be fake.

8. ccyuri

ccyuri Regular Member

Shuttles from amazon are within £20..
    Yonex AS 20 , 30 , 40 , 50 are range between £13 - £20, from other online retailers

"Carlton shuttles which die in about 2 minutes for £2+."

9. smashitup

smashitup Regular Member

I'd say dont buy anything that has the brand name of the major brands in badminton.