Stringing problem

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by mike168, Apr 3, 2013.

1. mike168

mike168 Regular Member

Hi
    I have a spinfire blaze stringing machine with Wise 2086 tension head. When the Wise pull the string, very often the racket swings, with the handle swinging towards my side. Sometimes I have to move away so that I am not in the way when the racket swings. I saw videos of racket stringing and in those the racket never swing. What am I doing incorrectly?
    Thanks.

mike

2. DarthHowie

DarthHowie Regular Member

Software Developer & Assistant Coach @ GBC
    1) i'd check that the supports firmly secure the frame.
    If that doesn't work,
    2) if your turntable and racket are all "swinging" that just means that your racket was not in the correct position when you were tensioning the racket -> stringer error -> which will be corrected through experience. Example. if you were just to pull the string by hand in the direction of the tensioner does the racket swing? If so...where the racket swung to is where you should always orient the racket before you tension the string

It's best that you post a video of what is happening.

3. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    need a video.

if the racket is clamp securely, and the table turn and swings the racket, then it is stringer's fault. you need to rotate the racket so the grommet hole of the string is close to the wise.

if the racket is not clamp securely, then make sure you secure it. ;)

you can check out BC's youtube channel for many example stringing videos:

http://www.youtube.com/user/BadmintonCentralTV?feature=sub_widget_1

4. mike168

mike168 Regular Member

Thank you guys for your quick response. Yes the racket is clamp securely. I shall take your advice and check whether the hole is close to the wise. However, I am afraid it would take some very long time to post a video as I only string for myself and it would take at least 2-3 weeks before my next re-string.
    Anyway, if the problem persists, I would try to post a video.
    Thanks.:)