Yonex Arcsaber Flash Boost vs Victor BS LYD vs Arcsaber 11

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by flogge20, Apr 3, 2013.

1. flogge20

flogge20 Regular Member

Can somebody of you make a Head to Head comparison?? What is about Generating power and smash Punch? And One of the Main points, control and Defense. The arcsaber 11 is Named as smash back racket. It World be helpful for my next racket choice

2. swunk

swunk Regular Member

ArcFB is very light. too light, as for me. havent tried BS LYD, but Arc11 feel magnificent in hands. And it looks just marvelous too )

3. stopdrop

stopdrop Regular Member

student
    I can't say anything for the fb buy for the other two I can give you short reviews.
    For raw punching power I would say the BSLYD has the edge but not by a whole lot I would give it a solid 8/10. As for the ARC11 I would give it a 7.5/10. For generating power again the BSLYD is a bit easier due to the flexier shaft.
    Control wise both the LYD and the ARC11 excel although placement wise I felt the ARC 11 was slightly better.
    Now onto defense. The BSLYD is a fast racquet to wield. So obviously defense would be easy. The ARC 11 is still easy b

4. stopdrop

stopdrop Regular Member

student
    I can't say anything for the fb buy for the other two I can give you short reviews.
    For raw punching power I would say the BSLYD has the edge but not by a whole lot I would give it a solid 8/10. As for the ARC11 I would give it a 7.5/10. For generating power again the BSLYD is a bit easier due to the flexier shaft.
    Control wise both the LYD and the ARC11 excel although placement wise I felt the ARC 11 was slightly better.
    Now onto defense. The BSLYD is a fast racquet to wield. So obviously defense would be easy. The ARC 11 is still easy but a tad slower than the lyd.
    So here are my final ratings

BSLYD:generating power 8.5/10
    Smash punch 8/10
    Control 8.5/10
    Placement 8.2/10
    Defense 9/10

ARC11: generating power 8/10
    Smash punch 7.5/10
    Control 8.5/10
    Placement 9.5/10
    Defense 8/10

5. stopdrop

stopdrop Regular Member

student
    Hope that helps. Personally I like the BSLYD.

6. flogge20

flogge20 Regular Member

hey,
    switched now from LYD to Arc11. Main reason was the extrem differences between all my 3 LYD rackets. The Arc 11 is much lighter in 3U version. Easy to handle and fantastic control. But for generating power I need some timing adjusting... i guess i will get it very soon... ;)

7. soulsync

soulsync Regular Member

It all depends on your play style. For attacking I would recommend BS LYD over ArcFB.
    But for returning smashes with attacking play in mind, definitely ArcFB.
    I had lots of fun with it...playing defense has a new meaning to it now.
    But is exhausting coz it requires fast pace response :)

8. flogge20

flogge20 Regular Member

after a little time of adjusting i can give a comparison between using lyd and arc11:

BSLYD:generating power 8/10
    Smash punch 7.5/10
    Control 8/10
    Placement 8/10
    Defense 9/10

ARC11: generating power 9/10
    Smash punch 9.5/10
    Control 9/10
    Placement 9/10
    Defense 8.5/10

I can fire rocket smashes from the arc11 now. Love smash specially in mixed doubles ;)

9. phaaam

phaaam Regular Member

Damnit was just going to get the BSLYDN, but I want to generate good power but now I have to rethink my decision. I play with stiffish rackets, and I've tested the Arc10 which is less stiff than my current go-to AT900T. Then again, I wouldn't mind less stiff like the Arc11.

So did you find the power from Arc11 because it was less stiff than the LYD?