injuries

Discussion in 'Injuries' started by shuttlesbest, Nov 12, 2003.

1. shuttlesbest

shuttlesbest New Member

legal assistant
    hey guyz what can you advise with me coz after i play my elbow hurts and it stays for two weeks

2. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    Hey Shuttlebest,

It's probably tennis elbow. Either you haven't been rising your elbow high enough when doing overhead shots or you're using a very stiff racquet. As stated in your profile, you're a beginner...try using a more flexible racquet and get someone to show you the proper footwork and proper way of holding the racquet. Also, please complete the user profile as it's helpful for the rest of us to understand your background in order to answer your questions.

It would help you more to search the forum for helpful tips. Many of the problems you have and will encounter have been visited and revisited to death on this forum. Happy reading and good luck:)!

Ming

3. shuttlesbest

shuttlesbest New Member

legal assistant
    cappy75 or is it ming

thanks for the advise! what kind of racket do you recommend, coz i don't know anything about it. i presently using a racket wiht a brand name of wish isometric 777 have you ever heard of it?

4. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Hey Shuttlebest,

It doesn't matter which one you use... I still answer to both online:p. Anyway, with regards to racquet selection... it really doesn't matter as long as your racquet is flexible because it's more forgivable when you mis-hit your shots (which would be often if you're a beginner). My suggestion is to change to a cheap beginner/intermediate racquet if your Isometric 777 is too stiff for you. BTW, I have never heard of that brand so can't really help you there.

What's more important than racquet is the skills and wearing the proper shoes (badminton or volleyball specific).

Ming

5. TK708

TK708 Regular Member

Lifting a weight, around 5 kg, can help and prevent any kind of injury.

6. shuttlesbest

shuttlesbest New Member

legal assistant
    thanks for the advise. right now my elbow still hurts and i plan to use a bandage when i play is it ok or should i rest my elbow until the pain subsides?

7. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

When your body hurts like that, it's trying to tell you something. Rest and take time off baddy. If not possible, then try to play more softer shots (such as drops and clears) and focuse more on shot placement. You really don't want to get into a situation where your injury turns chronic.

8. billytkid

billytkid New Member

9. Dill

Dill Regular Member

Lazy git (my coach can verify this)
    If you have tennis elbow the best and cheapest approach is to add an extra grip to your racket to take away the pressure from gripping it too tighly, remember your grip should be quite loose tightening up on impact.

If you add a grip you cannot hold it as tightly because the extra grip prevents you from tightening up as much.

Give it a go.

But as previously posted pain is an indicator that something is amiss