Will there be any issues if parts of the string is strung at a higher tension?

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by Sgt_Strider, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Sgt_Strider

Sgt_Strider Regular Member

So I went to get my racket restrung with BG 85 today. This is the first time that I saw an electrically assisted stringing machine. I requested my racket to be strung 19lbs x 21lbs. I wasn't paying all that much attention to the stringing process because I had faith in him. While we're talking, I notice that the machine displayed 22lbs instead of 21lbs. When I brought it up, the guy goes oops and said don't worry that he didn't strung any part of the racket at the slightly higher tension. I wasn't paying all that much attention so I can't say for sure. Now I'm worried that part of the racket may be strung 1lb higher than the other half. Do you guys think there will be any potential issues? I used the racket today and things seemed fine, but I'm slightly annoyed by what had occurred.

2. visor

visor Regular Member

that's why i never disturb my stringer when he's doing my racket... :p

and it's normal to string the last few crosses at a few lbs higher to compensate for the knot slip

but 1 lb is not much... it'll probably drop 1 lb after a few sessions of playing

3. Sgt_Strider

I think you may have misunderstood me. It was suppose to be 21lbs for the cross and 19lbs for the main. For the cross, I suspect parts of it is strung at 22lbs and parts of it at 21lbs after I notice the wrong tension on the machine's LCD. Like I said, the performance seemed to be fine. In fact, I think I may be smashing harder, but that's probably due to it being freshly restrung.

I was also told that when a racket isn't electrically assisted, there will be variance in the tension throughout the racket. So having that in mind, do you think the racket is going to be ok? I suppose it might not be a huge problem given that it's only 1lbs, but I'm just curious.

4. Jacob mm

Jacob mm Regular Member

School
    The tension is so low that there wont be any problems :)

5. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    agreed with the rest of the people here, tension too low, won't make a difference.

6. Sgt_Strider

Oh really? So given how low the tension is, it wouldn't have mattered whether the problem that I had described occurred in the main or the cross right?

At what tension do you think I could potentially have a problem on my hand?

7. Jacob mm

Jacob mm Regular Member

School
    You have to go up to something like 29-30 lbs, before it will begin to get crittical :)