User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let see how he performs in the next few events.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by latecomer View Post
    Let see how he performs in the next few events.
    yes! lets see! he got the last spot into the main draw of the china masters super series event which starts on 10 september!
    i am looking forward to his performance. also, kento momota will compete again

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My concern is if Xue Song is qualified to fight for at least the 3rd to 8th placing in the Chinese Nat'l Games to be decided on the 11th Sep, then he'd be forced to pull out from the CHN Masters which commences 10th/11th Sep (Qualifying/1st Round).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

good point. but since he is already in the main draw of CHN masters, he may not have to play until 11th september. so it may work out.

by the way, do you have any link to the Chinese National Games?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beta2k View Post
    good point. but since he is already in the main draw of CHN masters, he may not have to play until 11th september. so it may work out.

by the way, do you have any link to the Chinese National Games?
    Here you go http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...E4%BC%9A/page5

http://results.liaoning2013.com.cn/I...DisciplineID=7

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does Song Xue find the Japanese style of play(if there is one) difficult or something? Besides Tian Houwei his last 5(!) losses in international play has been to Japanese opponents. It's probably just a coincidence but still.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just hope it is part of the learning curve, let not disregard the fact that those Japanese players are good players too. We have to face the fact that the rest of the world are catching up and winning are no longer automatic for Chinese players. The 2013 WC already sound the alarm bell. I have no doubt he will bounce back stronger.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Korea GP Gold:
    Hwang Jong Soo (KOR) - China Xue Song (CHN): 21-12 21-14

what was that? unexpected for me at least...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

XS will never make it far.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Be patient.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beta2k View Post
    Korea GP Gold:
    Hwang Jong Soo (KOR) - China Xue Song (CHN): 21-12 21-14

what was that? unexpected for me at least...
    They played 27-25 21-16 last time, and SX won, and Hwang Jong Soo is no pushover, he won playing Tanongsak Saensomboonsuk on TS's homecourt 21-17 21-13. Perhaps he has improved faster than SX.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congratulations to Song Xue! Good job winning the India GP title. I've yet to watch the match but it seems like he had a very, very good comeback in the 2nd set. Good for him.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heartiest congratulations to Xue Song on winning his maiden title, the IND Open GPG '14, after taking garnering two runners-up last year in his debut at the adult international tourneys, namely the AUS Open GPG'13 followed by the New Zealand GP'13.

The manner in which he won it coming from behind and facing near imminent defeat in G2 after being one set down was incredible, an extraordinary fightback from 19-12 down to take the next 9 points and the set to force the decider which he eventually won convincingly by turning the tables on his worthy opponent K Srikanth. A match that had everything, excitement, thrills, a dramatic turnaround, first elation followed by disappointment for one player then the other in reverse feelings; an unforgettable lesson for the vanquished and a memorable, relieved triumph for the victor; an unexpected outcome that would surely play on the minds of both players for quite a long while.

Xue Song would do well to review, reflect and draw valuable lessons from that final match with K. Srikanth, and I'd also add he does the same to his R3 match with Sourabh Varma who stretched him to three hard-fought games apart from the rest whom he defeated emphatically all in two straight sets. I believe this tournament win, his first career victory at the beginning of the year when he just turned 20 a few days ago (born 22nd Jan 1990) is a breakthrough to his young career, one that will substantially encourage and motivate him to scale greater heights going forward.

Upon winning the final point against Srikanth, Xue Song instantly released his pent-up emotion, immediately ripped off his shirt, flung it to the ground, clenched both his fists and let out a yell - such as I've never seen nor thought he would do. May he continue to go from strength to strength and have bigger and better successes in the future. JiaYou, Xue Song !

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

XS (just 20yrs old) will be the next Chen Long... I predict that in the next 2-3yrs, he will be the 2nd MS China player, taking over WZM and DPY.

P/S: Look at the 6 packs after he ripped off his shirt for celebration... wow

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I beg to differ.

IMHO, Xue Song will be the next Du Pengyu.

Undoubtedly, XS is fit, fast and furious.
    But, unless he quickly matures into a thinking player, he will be easy meat for opponents that pack consistency and accuracy.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CHN future is bright, with so many young talents plus the current trio and the Generous One on guard. I agree with Oldhand 'XS is fit, fast and furious. But, unless he quickly matures into a thinking player..." XS needs to progress very fast, not for fear of the ROW but more so his own teammates fighting to make CHN elite team. Such is the priviledge CHN has but a huge risk for a young CHN MS player, you are given only so many chances, get it or next.....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Justin L View Post
    Heartiest congratulations to Xue Song on winning his maiden title, the IND Open GPG '14, after taking garnering two runners-up last year in his debut at the adult international tourneys, namely the AUS Open GPG'13 followed by the New Zealand GP'13.

The manner in which he won it coming from behind and facing near imminent defeat in G2 after being one set down was incredible, an extraordinary fightback from 19-12 down to take the next 9 points and the set to force the decider which he eventually won convincingly by turning the tables on his worthy opponent K Srikanth. A match that had everything, excitement, thrills, a dramatic turnaround, first elation followed by disappointment for one player then the other in reverse feelings; an unforgettable lesson for the vanquished and a memorable, relieved triumph for the victor; an unexpected outcome that would surely play on the minds of both players for quite a long while.

Xue Song would do well to review, reflect and draw valuable lessons from that final match with K. Srikanth, and I'd also add he does the same to his R3 match with Sourabh Varma who stretched him to three hard-fought games apart from the rest whom he defeated emphatically all in two straight sets. I believe this tournament win, his first career victory at the beginning of the year when he just turned 20 a few days ago (born 22nd Jan 1990) is a breakthrough to his young career, one that will substantially encourage and motivate him to scale greater heights going forward.

Upon winning the final point against Srikanth, Xue Song instantly released his pent-up emotion, immediately ripped off his shirt, flung it to the ground, clenched both his fists and let out a yell - such as I've never seen nor thought he would do. May he continue to go from strength to strength and have bigger and better successes in the future. JiaYou, Xue Song !
    that's 24 years old

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast