arc 11 string help

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by eyles, Apr 6, 2013.

1. eyles

eyles Regular Member

student
    hello all, i am very excited to be able to go and order my arc 11 in the next few hours, however i need to know about strings and such, i have only ever restrung a racket once an that was with a yonex string at 22lbs (not sure witch string) i feel i could maybe play up to 24lbs with the arc 11 but would this bring any advantages, btw im 16 and have been playing county for 3 years and badminton for about 5/6 years, thank you.

2. Jacob mm

Jacob mm Regular Member

School
    We need to know something about you, your playstyle, how good you are, and so on.

3. eyles

eyles Regular Member

student
    medium/advanced i would say. i like to play alot of drop shots and control rallys, however i am being taught to be more offensive so in the near future i am going to adapt a more agressive, attacking style. i havent played badminton long but i have been coached well so i would say i am a good player :) hope this helps

4. Jacob mm

Jacob mm Regular Member

School
    Then something like Bg-80Power or NG99 would be good, but BG-80Power needs to be strung tighter to get all out of it, hope it helps :)

5. eyles

eyles Regular Member

student
    ok thanks for your help. also is the yonex nanogy 95 yellow any good, these were the ones i were thinking of gettinh (would also compliment the racjets colours nicely) any ideas. have also heard bg 80 is good :)

6. eyles

eyles Regular Member

student
  7. eyles

eyles Regular Member

student
    actually have now found a better site that offers pretty much any string and a good free overgrip

8. Jacob mm

Jacob mm Regular Member

School
    So what have you decided?

9. eyles

eyles Regular Member

student
    im waiting for payments to transfer from paypal to my bank account, but i opted for the bg66 ultimax in yellow. (heard it was the best performance string) probably will end up ordering this tommorow

10. sychong95

sychong95 Regular Member

Student
    I tried BG 80, NBG 95 and BG 66 Ultimax before. =]

BG 80 have great smash power and a decent control. U may try =]

NBG 95 have a great control owing to it thickness. I think would do great for yr original playing style (control). But is u are going a bit more aggressive, NBG has a decent power, but it doesn't feels great as BG 80. It has quite a dull sound when contact with a shuttle.

BG 66 Ultimax has great sensation when smashing. Definetly having great control, just perfect in anyways. But for me, when the tension drops, the string sound would be kind of dull.

All of these strings are great, hope it helps =]~

11. eyles

eyles Regular Member

student
    i ordered yesterday with yellow bg 66 ultimax, i have nbg 95 on my ashaway superlight t5 sq and i thought they were good strings, just a lil too hard. i want a good feel (soft) really, so i will go with bg 66 ultimax at 22 lbs (dont want to try higher until i am comfy with my racket) i hear ultimax is a very good performance string due to thin gauge. if i end up not liking bg 66 i will try bg 80s. i will probably not go back to nbg 95, although its good i love a soft string with good feel :)

12. sychong95

sychong95 Regular Member

Student
    Then U made a right choice =] BG 66 Ultimax gives a soft sensation when the shuttle bounces off yr string bed:)

13. eyles

eyles Regular Member

student
    im glad to hear that haha :), also. i have been using an ashaway t5 witch is very flexible. will it take a while to get used to an arc 11. my ashaway bends way to easy on high impact shots

14. eyles

eyles Regular Member

student
    my arc 11 came in the post today, it came strung with bg66um at 22lbs. the racket looks so nice with the yellow string. i got the chance to have a few knock ups with the racket and for me it is the best racket i have ever used easily. i hope the bg66um will hold out for a while as i hear they tend to break alot and are an expensive string (especially as im 15) during my knock ups i could not attempt smashing due to a bad shoulder. i will probably feel alot better tommorow and will be able to test the arc 11 to the best of my ability then.