User Tag List

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Tian Houwei ( 田厚威 )

Let's start a thread for Tian Houwei.

At our 2013 Australian Open in Sydney, Tian Houwei defeated World No.1, Lee Chong Wei, at the Semi-Finals.

Well Done Tian Houwei !!!

Tian Houwei was the 2009 World Junior Badminton Champion. A short youtube show is available here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZYShrZyM3w

Today, Tian Houwei has a world ranking of No.196. To read his profile, here is the link: http://bwfcontent.tournamentsoftware...&player=143772

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great win for the kid, I thought LCW was going to win after he forced the 3rd set but the kid fought hard and just look like he wanted it more than LCW.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In that match with Tian Houwei, LCW may not be at his best but still good enough to take out anyone other than Lin Dan or Chen Long - see how he disposed of Prasojo and Qiao Bin in the previous rounds. So I'd definitely count Tian HW's victory over LCW as a huge one, you should watch the match proceedings to convince yourself of that. THW's attacking shots and amazing retrieving ability and unawed,unyielding spirit facing the world number one is certainly praiseworthy. A superstar in the making.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just one performance and I'm convinced he has it in him

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nice to see another left-hander coming up the ranks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congratulations to Tian Houwei for winning his first international tournament in 2013 at the Australian Open. Hope China aims to push he and Xue Song's ranking up soon so that they can join the likes of WZM and DPY soon

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tian Houwei is born 1/11/1992 (I take it as mm/dd/yyyy) according to BWF profile, he's 21 now, from Fujian, China.

This Chinese article has something about him http://sports.qq.com/a/20130407/000386.htm Briefly:

For the CHN MS, LCW has to date lost to only five of them before of which three of them happened to be from Fujian province, namely Lin Dan, Chen Long and Tian Houwei; the other two being Chen Jin and Du Pengyu.

In the historic match victory yesterday in the semi-final of the AUS Open 2013, the statistics showed Tian HW has 15 smash winners to 9 for Lee CW, and 19 net winners to 20 for Lee CW.

Tian Houwei was born in 1992 in Fuzhou, Fujian province.When he was with the provincial sport team for three years, he was once coached by Tang Xianhu and Hu Zhilan. In 2009, in the first selection contest held after the Beijing 2008 Oylmpics , he emerged successful to join the national 2nd team (now the two team system has been abolished and unified as just one national team). In the same year, he became the AJC and WJC MS Champion.

To the reporter's knowledge, Tian HW has three idols, Lin Dan, Taufik Hidayat and Wu Yanzu (Daniel Wu,an actor). He's reported to have said " I'm left-handed, so is Lin Dan, I take him as my role model. Taufik, ever since I learnt to play, I've admired his skills. After watching 'A new police story' (a movie), I grew fond of Wu Yanzu."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, for those who think Lee Chong Wei was going easy on Tian Houwei, watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyDAukzPsvk He definitely tried hard once he woke up from the 1st game huge deficit, the 2nd and 3rd game was definitely him playing his normal game which is enough to beat almost every other player in the world save for a few and Tian Houwei was able to match him.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Justin L View Post
    For the CHN MS, LCW has to date lost to only five of them before of which three of them happened to be from Fujian province, namely Lin Dan, Chen Long and Tian Houwei; the other two being Chen Jin and Du Pengyu.
    I doubt that, Chen Hong, Bao Chunlai, Chen Yu, Xia XZ.. To name a few ...

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AlanY View Post
    I doubt that, Chen Hong, Bao Chunlai, Chen Yu, Xia XZ.. To name a few ...
    agreed with you.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tian Houwei is born 1/11/1992 (I take it as mm/dd/yyyy) according to BWF profile, he's 21 now, from Fujian, China.
    Btw, he was born on 1st Nov, according to:

http://www.badmintoncn.com/cbo%5Fstar/star_468.html

So, he is 20 and a bit.
    Last edited by AlanY; 04-07-2013 at 06:16 AM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AlanY View Post
    Btw, he was born on 1st Nov, according to:

http://www.badmintoncn.com/cbo%5Fstar/star_468.html

So, he is 20 and a bit.
    Thanks for the correction, I was guessing the BWF date format which should be dd-mm-yyyy then. And the Chinese reporter didn't state his date of birth, only the year and place.

As for the number of CHN MS who have beaten LCW, that article only named five. If you're correct, then I say the reporter should have done his homework. Come to think of it, I believe Bao CL has done it before, I'm not sure about Xia XZ, Chen Yu and Chen Hong.

Latest edit: My apologies, the reporter is talking about the last five years, presumably since the Beijing 2008 Olympics.
    Last edited by Justin L; 04-07-2013 at 06:51 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great win for Houwei

He and Xue Song are good future players

I'm glad Australian Open is the domain for these two to rise by beating out the seeds

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm so glad that i finally found my junior badminton star
    Unfortunately, he is placed away from top 10 in my list. Well, he'll make it someday.
    Any links on the final game of him vs Xue Song? My grandpa missed it and i promised him to help him download the match. Any links on he final game?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he seems to always wear a back support. hope he's not having trouble with injuries.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the correction, I was guessing the BWF date format which should be dd-mm-yyyy then. And the Chinese reporter didn't state his date of birth, only the year and place.

As for the number of CHN MS who have beaten LCW, that article only named five. If you're correct, then I say the reporter should have done his homework. Come to think of it, I believe Bao CL has done it before, I'm not sure about Xia XZ, Chen Yu and Chen Hong.

Latest edit: My apologies, the reporter is talking about the last five years, presumably since the Beijing 2008 Olympics.
    Both news reporter and Allan were right. Before Li Mao's coaching, LCW was not among the top players. Chen Hong beat him 5 times, held 5-1 winning records against LCW, before 2006. Xia XZ's still holding a winning record. Basically, before 2006, LCW had a losing records against any Chinese players, such as Xia XZ, Chen Hong, Chen Yu, Chen Jin, Lin Dan,....

During 2006-2008, LCW began to win, and the total records is like 50-50, against Chen Hong, Chen Yu, Bao CL, Chen Jin.

In 2008, Chen Hong and Chen Yu retired. After that, LCW began to dominate all Chinese players, except Lin Dan.

So if counting only the records after 2008, only 5 Chinese players have won at least 1 match against LCW: Lin Dan, Chen Long, Chen Jin, Du PY, and now Tian HW.

Quote Originally Posted by icey_drone View Post
    Great win for Houwei

He and Xue Song are good future players

I'm glad Australian Open is the domain for these two to rise by beating out the seeds
    Tian Houwei has done a phenomenal job at this Aussie open, beating LCW, (leading most of time in all games, and leading all the time in the deciding game), Santoso (Indonesia top ranked), Chong WF(Malaysia #3), Latif, KBH, and young Chinese star Xue Song.

But Tian HW has played professional tournaments since Oct 14, 2010. This is the 1st time in his 2.5 years professional career.

Xue Song, 2 years younger than Tian HW, also performed extremely well in his debut in this Aussie open. I remember only Zhao Jian Hua did something similar.

The profiles from web site http://www.badmintoncn.com/ are not accurate. For example, Xue Song, was born in Jian Su, (the same province Yang Yang, Zhao JH, Sun Jun, ... were born), instead of Guang Dong.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A future Lin dan in the making. Maybe he can psych himself up a bit in terms of body size. He looked very calm and cool on court in today's final which is totally different from what I seen him in AJC final a few years back in Malaysia against Iskandar Zulkarnain.. He's very fierce in his shouting and his smash

A well deserved victory for this young men. After having to storm the qualifying round and straight advance to the final in his 1st ever international tournament, this is very impressive indeed! What's more impressive is he beat the WR#1 and showed no fear en route to beat all the odds against him.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast