User Tag List

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

congratulations for the amazing journey in this Australia Open GPG!

hope to see you more in next bigger tournaments (as i can not watch how you played in this 2013 AO GPG)

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

just managed to watch some of the AO final.

a more nimble version of Lin Dan. Lin Dan in his debut around 2002/2003 looked heavier. THW is lankier though not as solid. almost like a blend of LD and LCW.

but what result is incredible speed and agility, and super fitness. a bit rough on the edge when it come fast drive exchanges but that's something that can be corrected. the key is to keep working and build up on the mental part of it. the hunger is part of the winner formula against LCW yesterday.

as for LCW, seems to have underestimated his opponent on the 1st game. and failed to find his top rhythm. rare to see LCW on both knees after losing a hard fought rally. the man is getting old.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's now confirmed i guess? LCW was not 100% fit in AO as he just had little time for preparation because of illness. so this condition might also contribute to THW's winning few days ago.

but THW of course still deserve some credit for his performance. even a not 100% fit LCW is still a superior player to most of the MS player in the competition nowdays. it's just that if he dream to redo it next time, THW surely need to work harder.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question LCW was not 100% fit in AO?

Quote Originally Posted by bad's fan View Post
    it's now confirmed i guess? LCW was not 100% fit in AO as he just had little time for preparation because of illness. so this condition might also contribute to THW's winning few days ago.

but THW of course still deserve some credit for his performance. even a not 100% fit LCW is still a superior player to most of the MS player in the competition nowdays. it's just that if he dream to redo it next time, THW surely need to work harder.
    Talking about the 2013 Australian Open when Tian Houwei defeated World No.1, Lee Chong Wei, at the Semi-Finals; I watched the match several times (recorded on youtube).

Yes, there was no sign of fire in LCW; but plenty of fire in THW.

Now that you have mentioned that "LCW was not 100% fit in AO", it could be the reason why LCW lost.

But, as you said, "but THW of course still deserve some credit for his performance", this is true. Credit has to be given to THW. How many players can defeat LCW on his off days? I would say; perhaps only 1 or 2. THW has done it, and it is recorded as one of THW's great achievements.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

the route of Tian Houwei to the finals:

Time Draw Score Duration Court
    Tue 4/2/2013 7:20 PM MS - 8-21 16-21 0:28 SCEC - 3
    Wed 4/3/2013 11:45 AM MS - 21-18 10-21 7-21 0:53 SCEC - 4
    Thu 4/4/2013 7:45 PM MS - 21-16 17-21 14-21 1:11 SCEC - 2
    Fri 4/5/2013 MS - 18-21 13-21 0:43 SCEC - 1 TV
    Sat 4/6/2013 2:00 PM MS - 19-21 21-17 18-21 1:21 SCEC - 1 TV
    Sun 4/7/2013 MS - 20-22 21-13 21-12 1:08 SCEC - 1 TV

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

that's pretty impressive. took down 4 Malaysian players (include 2 "Chong Wei's") and also Simon. 4 of his 6 matches are 3 games affairs.

do it while you are still young.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He kept staring at LCW every time he won a point. He seems not to give any respect to LCW, but also showed that he was not afraid of LCW neither.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    that's pretty impressive. took down 4 Malaysian players (include 2 "Chong Wei's") and also Simon. 4 of his 6 matches are 3 games affairs.

do it while you are still young.
    Besides what you mentioned, Chinese youngsters, had just played their national competition tournament which's just ended on March 30,2013 which involved over 300 players. Xue Song won the title. They are back 2 back on tournaments

After AO, they will play in New Zealand again, ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wonder how he can suddenly become so good. I saw so much potential in him when I saw the YouTube video of him playing in the WJC finals. Suddenly his performance over the last 3 years were anything but impressive, taking part in very little tournaments, not even the CBSL if I am not mistaken. Almost gave up hope on him, then suddenly he and Xue Song injected a breath of fresh air into world badminton which is fast becoming boring as far as I am concerned. Was it because of his studies and he was not into badminton full time over the last 3 years? Hope he has graduated and can train full time now like CL and company. I noticed that he has that steely look of determination in his eyes much like those of Yang Yang.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 2cents View Post
    Besides what you mentioned, Chinese youngsters, had just played their national competition tournament which's just ended on March 30,2013 which involved over 300 players. Xue Song won the title. They are back 2 back on tournaments

After AO, they will play in New Zealand again, ...
    Any detailed results of this tournament? Please kindly oblige if you can. I suppose THW did not take part because he has just turned 21. Who won the girls' single events. Any news on He Bingjiao?

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tbgoh288 View Post
    Wonder how he can suddenly become so good. I saw so much potential in him when I saw the YouTube video of him playing in the WJC finals. Suddenly his performance over the last 3 years were anything but impressive, taking part in very little tournaments, not even the CBSL if I am not mistaken. Almost gave up hope on him, then suddenly he and Xue Song injected a breath of fresh air into world badminton which is fast becoming boring as far as I am concerned. Was it because of his studies and he was not into badminton full time over the last 3 years? Hope he has graduated and can train full time now like CL and company. I noticed that he has that steely look of determination in his eyes much like those of Yang Yang.
    he certainly has the physique and technique for a great badminton player. but what really separates the 3rd round and the semi finalists are mental. he is 20. aside from the real child prodigy like Taufik and Ratchanok, around 20/21 yrs old is when most players start to become more mature and "stable" mentally. eg. Lin Dan making headway into the world scene at around 2003 (age 19/20), Lee Chong Wei at around 2004 (age 21/22).

so i think he is on the right track.

another factor could be the "retirement" of Lin Dan and more focus is placed on the youngsters. afterall LCW isn't going away and CBA need to bring up the youngsters to keep him in check.

and it looks like it works. everyone though LCW will be bagging the GP Gold prize money here but it turned out not the case.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

His court coverage was most impressive. Many times LCW thought the point was already won but he still manages to get it back.

But LCW dug himself a hole he couldn't get out of when he trailed in the third game at intermission by 3-11.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Great player, great potential. He has all the stuff to make a champion.

If I were to pick a single attribute that impressed me (on the basis of watching his match against LCW) I'd just have to say: it was the patience he demonstrated. He was willing to play the rally for as long as it took while cutting out the high-risk moves. A very mature head on those strong shoulders.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tian Houwei will be playing in the New Zealand Open in a couple of days. My worry for him is that exuberance may be a problem for him after that awe-inspiring victory over Lee CW, hope he doesn't get heady with that triumph. He has to look out for Anand Pawar, Gurusaidutt and then probably Hsu Jen Hao or Park Sung Min or perhaps his colleague Guo Kai before the final.

In any case, at this early stage of his career, gaining experience is as important as winning titles. Wish him the best.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tbgoh288 View Post
    Any detailed results of this tournament? Please kindly oblige if you can. I suppose THW did not take part because he has just turned 21. Who won the girls' single events. Any news on He Bingjiao?
    China national youth badminton tournament winners: (ended March 30, 2013)

MS: Xue Song 薛松
    WS: 陈娇
    MD: 王懿律/诸葛露凯
    WD: 陈清晨/何嘉欣
    XD: 刘雨辰/于小含

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

...be nice if you could provide the *translated* info, please.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TQ.  
    Found the rest of the results here. He Binjiao won the girls U17 title.
     团体赛之后,甲乙两个组别各个单项的冠军经过6天的争夺各归其主。代表广州出战的国家队小将薛松问鼎甲组 男单冠军,浙江的王懿律/诸葛露凯获得男双金牌,北京选手陈娇爆冷击败秦金晶夺得女单金牌,女双冠军归属于广东的陈清晨/何嘉欣。在乙组的争夺中,浙江的林贵埔、江苏的何冰娇、浙江的林贵埔/郑思维以及上海的姜彬彬/唐平阳分别获得男单、女单、男双、女双四个项目的冠军。在不分组别的混双比赛中,北京组合刘雨 辰/于小含问鼎桂冠。

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast