User Tag List

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Probably,remember china needs someone to replace lin dan,China's match with absent of lin dan is bad,chen long form is erratic,DPY can't live up to expectation,wang zhen Ming play comfortably when the pace of game is slow but when game speed up he just can't catch up...so THW is one of the young stars to watch,but I would not say he could replace lin dan in china or LCW of Malaysia,he just had the potential!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

According to one report, subject to final confirmation on the 3rd May, both Lin Dan and Tian Houwei are in together with Chen Long as MS1 and Du Pengyu as MS2 for the CHN Thomas Cup squad. http://sports.qq.com/a/20140502/000536.htmThat's right, Wang Zhengming has been dropped in favour of Tian Houwei.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Forgot to add that for the CHN MD, Fu Haifeng and Cai Yun are re-formed as a pair for the Thomas Cup, the other two MD combinations being Chai Biao/Hong Wei and Liu Xiaolong/Qiu Zihan.Obviously, as CHN MD is known to be their weak link, CHN wants to have a highly experienced pair, i.e. Cai Yun/Fu Haifeng, who can handle the big occasion better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

weil I believe there is a quota of 10 players allowed for each Thomas and Uber Cup from any countries.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like this young guy, I'm going to keep an eye for him and see his progress in tournaments.. Hope he starts winning some tournaments this year.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow Tian Houwei is now ranked 16th at the BWF World Mens Singles Rankings

Quote Originally Posted by IvanT View Post
    I like this young guy, I'm going to keep an eye for him and see his progress in tournaments.. Hope he starts winning some tournaments this year.
    Today, 04-May-2014, Tian Houwei is ranked 16th at the BWF World Mens Singles Rankings.

Hope that he can make it to the Top 10 at this BWF World Mens Singles Rankings soon (and remain there later this year, 2014).

Link: http://bwfcontent.tournamentsoftware...9&category=472

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb Tian Houwei's debut in 2014 Thomas Cup

Just a matter of record, Tian just accomplished his maiden appearance in Thomas Cup within 30 minutes.

MS3: TIAN Houwei bt Anatoliy YARTSEV 21-18, 21-6

http://tournamentsoftware.com/sport/...04A3&match=218

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes , TIAN Houwei live to the expectation and win , with Lin dan resting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is Tian Hou Wei match vs Anatoliy YARTSEV,love to watch this guy play

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZt9dZhA8Qc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This guy has lost to eric pang. He has lot to go before he could go far. Eric is old. He has been playing way back in 2002. So the new generation of Badminton players cant even beat 3rd Tier players from 2 generations ago.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=sonnymak;2266373]This guy has lost to eric pang. He has lot to go before he could go far. Eric is old. He has been playing way back in 2002. So the new generation of Badminton players cant even beat 3rd Tier players from 2 generiations ago.[/QUOTE

I totally agree with you. THW has not improved at all. lets hope the CBA wull let the young junior champions play in some tournaments coming up.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow I still think that LYB has confidence in Tian Houwei (to support his other teammates)

Quote Originally Posted by antssantss View Post
    I totally agree with you. THW has not improved at all. lets hope the CBA wull let the young junior champions play in some tournaments coming up.
    So, whom would you think who could be our next CBA player to come in to support CHN Singles Players, like Lin Dan, Chen Long, Wang Zhengming, Du Pengyu, etc, etc, ...... ?

I still think that LYB has confidence in Tian Houwei (that THW is the one to support his other teammates).

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just hope Tian Houwei doesn't become another Wang ZM, talented but lacking the x-factor to rise to the top. Still early days yet in his career, let's give him some more time to develop his game and realize his full potential.

On the other hand, I'd love to see other CHN junior players given more opportunities to prove themselves at the senior level. Who knows, another superstar might emerge from among them soon enough to reinforce CHN MS. At the moment, I've in mind Liu Kai, Xue Song and the WJC'14,Lin Guipu, and the YOG'14, Shi Yuqi.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chris-ccc View Post
    So, whom would you think who could be our next CBA player to come in to support CHN Singles Players, like Lin Dan, Chen Long, Wang Zhengming, Du Pengyu, etc, etc, ...... ?

I still think that LYB has confidence in Tian Houwei (that THW is the one to support his other teammates).
    Justin L has answered the question as to who should replace the senior players. My surprise as to the current ''vacuum'' in the MS is that the succession plan is so slow. I am not saying they can replace Lin Dan, They should be ready to step into the seniors shoes. All the other countries send their juniors out to the circuit but I dont see that happening for the Chinese juniors. Lin Gui Pu and Shi Yuqi went to Europe this year and look at their recent performance. And Lui Kai is another example. The first time I saw him play he had beaten K Momota and Srikanth. And that was his first meeting with them . Why wasnt he placed as a possible candidate for this purpose.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Perhaps coach LYB is playing favoritism again

Quote Originally Posted by antssantss View Post
    Justin L has answered the question as to who should replace the senior players. My surprise as to the current ''vacuum'' in the MS is that the succession plan is so slow. I am not saying they can replace Lin Dan, They should be ready to step into the seniors shoes. All the other countries send their juniors out to the circuit but I dont see that happening for the Chinese juniors. Lin Gui Pu and Shi Yuqi went to Europe this year and look at their recent performance. And Lui Kai is another example. The first time I saw him play he had beaten K Momota and Srikanth. And that was his first meeting with them . Why wasnt he placed as a possible candidate for this purpose.
    Your suggestion wasn't meant to be dismissed.

Yes, younger players like;
    * Liu Kai
    * Lin Guipu
    * Shi Yuqi
    * Xue Song
    * etc, etc, ...
    should be given more chances in participating in more tournaments.

As I see it, coach LYB isn't impressed by them yet. Or, perhaps LYB is playing favoritism again, like he has done several times before (a display of partiality toward favored players and/or province associations).

However, as we know, most CHN players aren't usually rushed into their top teams (men/women) until they have shown more proven results.
    Last edited by chris-ccc; 08-30-2014 at 08:02 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lin Guipu looks most promising , Shi Yuqi looks like another CL.

hmm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Favouritism? No wonder we are seeing this happening. There is a lack of a long term plan. Younger players are not groomed to take over quikly enough and are only put ''on stage'' when they are getting on, eg THW and XS. Then there are some others who havent performed like GH and CY that are kept on for far too long.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast