Most common grommet size that you use?

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by ant01, Apr 7, 2013.

1. ant01

ant01 Regular Member

Hi,

Just wondering if, in your experience, there has been one type/size grommet which you find yourself using the most?

I am looking to buy some grommets soon but there are so many sizes that I don't know what to choose. I've been looking on MBS but even for the generic grommets there are:

Type B - Ø 2.6 x L 6.0 mm
    Type C - Ø 2.6 x L 7.9 mm
    Type E - Ø 2.7 x L 7.0 mm
    Type F - Ø 2.7 x L 8.3 mm
    Type I - Ø 2.1 x L 14.7 mm

I've heard it's better to buy longer grommets since you can cut them down to size if needed. And also which size are the shared hole grommets? :confused:

2. mvdzwaan

mvdzwaan Regular Member

2.1 is single hole, both 2.6/2.7 are for shared holes.

I use both depending on the racket itself. Most Yonex rackets have 2.1 + 2.6 holes, but as I do not want any loose grommets I use the 2.7 often enough.

You can buy the largest and cut them to size. Only downside is that some grommets are tapered, which works better for grommets with a string knot, but it's not a big problem.

Note, cut your shared grommets short enough, if they are too long, the grommet will split sometimes, if it's short enough it will stretch.