Pro's Pro Shuttle Express Supports help

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by bobbinbette, Apr 8, 2013.

1. bobbinbette

bobbinbette Regular Member

Hey Guys,

I just received my Pro's Pro shuttle express today and strung a racket on it. This is my first time using a 6 pint machine and I had some questions regarding all of the supports.

It seems like the 12' and 6' supports are a bit too far away to fit a badminton racket. I had to loosen the two supports to the point where the knob was only halfway on the bolt to even fit my PPPP on it. I had wanted to use a load spreader, but with how much I had to loosen the supports on the machine, I don't think I'll have enough room without the 12 o'clock support coming undone.

Also, the side supports seem to dip a little bit when fully relaxed. When i bring them inward to hold the racket in place, they rise to the correct level of the frame. Is this normal? Additionally, one of the side arms is about 1mm too low and I have to push the arm upwards a bit while bringing it in to line it up with the racket frame.

Is this normal of the Pro's Pro shuttle express?

2. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    Regarding the end support. You are supposed to move the end posts/columns for coarse adjustment and then use the bolts to do fine adjustments. If you do it properly, you should only need to do the coarse adjustment once and it will work for all rackets

3. bobbinbette

hey! you're right! I didn't even notice that tiny little allen wrench hole there. Wow...that's the only thing holding half the turn table in place?

4. bobbinbette

I figured out the support problems, but now I'm a little troubled by the calibration.

I calibrate it with an electronic fish scale at 28 lbs and it is very accurate. I then check 25 lbs to make sure and it is accurate as well. However when I check 28 lbs again, it's down to 27 lbs. I then recalibrate and start the entire process again.

Additionally, it doesn't seem to pull any higher than 29 lbs. I set it at 31 lbs and it locks at 29, however i set it at 28 and it locks at 28.

Is this normal for crank machines or do I have a weird one?

5. _Rav_

_Rav_ Regular Member

Gofer
    I modified mine by drilling and tapping a hole on the bottom of each tower then putting a bolt in there for extra support. Probably doesn't need it, but i can get the towers tight and parallel; with just the grub screws they would lean at opposite angles which annoyed me. Wouldn't recommend you do it without a good pillar drill and a little engineering nouse though.

I also filed down the top of the tower where the flat plate bolts on (under the rubber sheet there's 2 countersunk allen bolts holding it on) so that the 12/6 support posts don't have so much slop and play when you tighten up a racket in the mount, but that's another story. If you turn the tops around on the towers, then the towers themselves you have the flat side facing outwards, which means the tightening thumb bolt for the 12/6 is a little less sloppy as well.

As for the calibration issue, i only have experience with my PP express so can't compare with anything else but the WISE i now have on it ... I wouldn't be surprised if the crank was accurate only to within 2 or 3 pounds the way that the mechanism works, especially at the extreme ends of the scale. I would try to calibrate it to where you string most often, and practise your technique so that you get a consistant pull each time, rather than total pound accuracy (better to have all 22 mains at 25lbs than a 23-27 random spread, even if your aim was 27 imo, then if it's not tight enough you can go up a bit next time).