User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink

I think we can certainly do with colourful, well-cut and comfortable sports wear for our badminton players, especially the ladies.

Why should we allow the tennis girls to steal all the thunder and international limelight? Of course we have in badminton, beautiful girls with well-proportioned bodies to match in both the West and the East but so far, maybe because of the more conservative guidelines issued by the world badminton body, our girls are not allowed to display their charm and their assets.

We want the mass media, especially the TV, to focus on badminton as an attractive and demanding sport and one way is to attract worldwide attention with our model-like ladies in attractive colours! Badminton may then become a glamour sport and gather mass appeal. With this will follow generous sponsorship and the creation of a viable badminton industry worldwide. This is what our laggard badminton fraternity needs to push itself into the ranks of the world most popular sports.

Already, our so-call conservative Chinese girls are abandoning the dull and unattractive clothing of the past and are even prepared to wear skirts which hitherto seem only the domain of our badminton girls from the West. You can't miss the glaring differences between now and then. How attractive they look nowadays!

Maybe, the IBF should encourage greater flexibility and allow designers to come up with more attractive designs. Maybe our ladies from the West should lead again in wearing more bold and dashing outfits to give their tennis counterparts a good run for their money! Let us shed our conservative image! Be more creative, more dashing, more attractive, more appealing, more, more, more of every positive thing that can give badminton that extra lift to its image!
    Last edited by Loh; 11-18-2003 at 08:19 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Why always the girls? Let the guys take the lead for once in the fashion stakes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As an amateur athlete, wearing your country's name on your clothes is a sign of pride and support of your country and it's top representative athletes. There is no amount of skill requisite to want to do that. And it's not like your daughter walks around with her nose in the air, pretending to be on the national team. You know, you could always just ask the coach if it is "okay" to wear the shirt at training. That way if she has his "blessing" it might help her feel it's fine to wear it. In fact, you could always just say that the coach would feel insulted if she didn't wear it since he gave it to her as a gift!

Originally posted by legal strike
    oh she's not ashamed of our country just that she feels that her standard is not good enough to wear it

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by timeless
    As an amateur athlete, wearing your country's name on your clothes is a sign of pride and support of your country and it's top representative athletes. There is no amount of skill requisite to want to do that. And it's not like your daughter walks around with her nose in the air, pretending to be on the national team. You know, you could always just ask the coach if it is "okay" to wear the shirt at training. That way if she has his "blessing" it might help her feel it's fine to wear it. In fact, you could always just say that the coach would feel insulted if she didn't wear it since he gave it to her as a gift!
    thanks timeless that's very encouraging will show my daughter what u have just said

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Cheung
    Why always the girls? Let the guys take the lead for once in the fashion stakes.
    Well done, Cheung! Hope our guys can take the lead.

Problem is design and fashion in men's wear seems to be limited. Take a look at tennis, which is a good benchmark, as it is always in the limelight. Compare the fashion between the guys and the gals. You normally find new creations for the gals and hardly anything for the guys. But I do appreciate that some guys try to maximize their 'macho' appeal by showing off their muscular and masculine bodies.

Which brings me to this irresistible topic that "the opposite attracts". More attractive looking lady badminton players will somehow get the guys excited and wanting to find out more. And vice-versa, although it can't be disputed that more guys are engaged in sports than gals.

Maybe our final BF T-shirt design, worn by both our BF guys and gals in their respective social games and even at international tournaments will cause a great deal of excitement and inquiry. The spin-off: More will want to play the game and want to find out "Who is BF?"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

imo the era of Boris Becker (puma), B. Bjorg (fila), their attire were much smarter, as compare to the current tennis player who prefer to wear loose/baggy clothes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find that Chen Hong's shorts are too short and too tight, looks very uncomfortable

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have to confess that I am quite happy to wear a tighter top nowadays. My badminton regime of the last six months or so has brought me to my slimest for about 8 years!

Nice at 28 to be able to wear a top that says "Hey look ladies, no beer gut!"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default sexy badminton players

Yes, I have also noticed a lot of good looking tennis players, but no badminton players. The asian girls are usually sticks or too much pudding At least they are starting to wear sexier clothing now!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by woop.
    I have to confess that I am quite happy to wear a tighter top nowadays. My badminton regime of the last six months or so has brought me to my slimest for about 8 years!

Nice at 28 to be able to wear a top that says "Hey look ladies, no beer gut!"
    How did you know I was 28, the only thing is mine says not quite there yet

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joanne
    One of the reasons why I enjoy badminton is because the clothing is decent. Imagine if we have to wear clothes like some tennis players... no thank you!
    Um, honestly, I find the newer shirts of badminton ok for the guys, but the girls wear practically the same thing, its fine, but a lot of girls have way too much potential to hide behind a huge t-shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by legal strike
    I find that Chen Hong's shorts are too short and too tight, looks very uncomfortable
    TOTALLY AGREED! IF THERE WAS ONE THING TO CHANGE ABOUT BADMINTON CLOTHING, FIRST THING OUT WOULD BE THE GUY'S SHORTS! I see Zhang Jun pulling up his shorts. In my mind, I'm thinking, "My boxers are longer than those!"

Quote Originally Posted by Loh
    Well done, Cheung! Hope our guys can take the lead.

But I do appreciate that some guys try to maximize their 'macho' appeal by showing off their muscular and masculine bodies.
    I go to two clubs, I would love to wear the clothes interchangably in them, but sadly I can't. In my more professional club, they restrict tanks, I love them, as long as you got your deodorant on, you can move more freely and I am pretty proud of my arms and wouldn't mind showing them off in front of the ladies, too bad, I'm only able to wear it in my other club. Also I refuse to wear those Yonex short shorts. My legs are quite muscular and I would look better than an average guy in them but still. If i wear my atheletic boxers, they would stick out, it's so sad when your boxers are longer than your shorts. All my shorts are usually just about knee length or lower.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Look at this one. The best badminton dress I have seen so far. Wish more female players wear it.

http://www.yonex-german-open.de/images/2004/1.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Carola Bott always wears dress' like that

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Qidong
    Look at this one. The best badminton dress I have seen so far. Wish more female players wear it.

http://www.yonex-german-open.de/images/2004/1.jpg
    Qidong, are you sure it is just the dress...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun
    Qidong, are you sure it is just the dress...
    Well. Probably 50%. ...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mb its bc of the japanese...they are quite conservative...so when they decide everyone should wear collared tshirts then everyone does since most of the pros are sponsored by yonex racquet + clothing... this is all yonex's fault

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fishmilk
    Um, honestly, I find the newer shirts of badminton ok for the guys, but the girls wear practically the same thing, its fine, but a lot of girls have way too much potential to hide behind a huge t-shirt.

TOTALLY AGREED! IF THERE WAS ONE THING TO CHANGE ABOUT BADMINTON CLOTHING, FIRST THING OUT WOULD BE THE GUY'S SHORTS! I see Zhang Jun pulling up his shorts. In my mind, I'm thinking, "My boxers are longer than those!"

I go to two clubs, I would love to wear the clothes interchangably in them, but sadly I can't. In my more professional club, they restrict tanks, I love them, as long as you got your deodorant on, you can move more freely and I am pretty proud of my arms and wouldn't mind showing them off in front of the ladies, too bad, I'm only able to wear it in my other club. Also I refuse to wear those Yonex short shorts. My legs are quite muscular and I would look better than an average guy in them but still. If i wear my atheletic boxers, they would stick out, it's so sad when your boxers are longer than your shorts. All my shorts are usually just about knee length or lower.
    i see some players here wear cycling short underneath the regular short

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/?Category=shorts%20-%20lycra

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast