User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fishmilk
    mb its bc of the japanese...they are quite conservative...so when they decide everyone should wear collared tshirts then everyone does since most of the pros are sponsored by yonex racquet + clothing... this is all yonex's fault
    A collared T-shirt as 'proper attire' is probably not due to Japanese conservatism in badminton. Not too long ago, it was a must even for tennis as was the colour 'all-white'. Badminton followed the same strict dress code until not too recently when tennis has broken away much earlier.

Even in most golf clubs, especially in the West, I suspect, the conformity to a collared T-shirt still rules, collarless or round-collared Ts are completely barred. As you probably know, in some hotel restaurants, shorts are not allowed.

But the sad thing is that there is still discrimination - some are allowed to bend the rules, depending on who you are.

I just read over the weekend that in one reputable international hotel here, a local went to the restaurant in his shorts because of the hot weather. He was promptly stopped and asked to change to long pants supplied by the hotel, which he reluctantly obliged since it was the hotel's dress code. But he saw another patron who wore shorts and allowed to remain in the restaurant.

He questioned the waiter about the disparity and was told that the hotel had run out of long pants. When approached, the hotel manager seemed to admit that it was not a case of shortage of pants and promised to look into the dress code policy. It appeared that the other patron was not asked to change to longs because of his skin colour. The 'colonial mentality' still remains in our midst and equality of treatment is not necessarily true even in modern Singapore.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loh
    A collared T-shirt as 'proper attire' is probably not due to Japanese conservatism in badminton. Not too long ago, it was a must even for tennis as was the colour 'all-white'. Badminton followed the same strict dress code until not too recently when tennis has broken away much earlier.

Even in most golf clubs, especially in the West, I suspect, the conformity to a collared T-shirt still rules, collarless or round-collared Ts are completely barred. As you probably know, in some hotel restaurants, shorts are not allowed.

But the sad thing is that there is still discrimination - some are allowed to bend the rules, depending on who you are.

I just read over the weekend that in one reputable international hotel here, a local went to the restaurant in his shorts because of the hot weather. He was promptly stopped and asked to change to long pants supplied by the hotel, which he reluctantly obliged since it was the hotel's dress code. But he saw another patron who wore shorts and allowed to remain in the restaurant.

He questioned the waiter about the disparity and was told that the hotel had run out of long pants. When approached, the hotel manager seemed to admit that it was not a case of shortage of pants and promised to look into the dress code policy. It appeared that the other patron was not asked to change to longs because of his skin colour. The 'colonial mentality' still remains in our midst and equality of treatment is not necessarily true even in modern Singapore.
    the point is, in the previous picture, you saw Carola Bott in a tennis-like fashion of clothing... i'm sure even if it was allowed, some shuttlers may still prefer the traditional collared shirt and short-shorts, but some shuttlers may like to dress in a more...stylish, revealing, 21st century sports clothing... but why don't they? well because carola bott is not sponsored by yonex unlike almost every other shuttler out there...therefore, the lack of more interesting and attractive clothing is yonex's fault since they are the main suppliers of badminton clothing...

and yes its true Loh, racism exists as well, but i just don't think it plays much part in this... however...i do think that racism is getting better, maybe cause i'm in canada, there will always be unfairness and mistreatment in our society, but i do feel like its getting better, schools are making an effort to educate the kids in their infancy not to be discriminative and i do feel for the most part it is helping...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Qidong
    Look at this one. The best badminton dress I have seen so far. Wish more female players wear it.

http://www.yonex-german-open.de/images/2004/1.jpg
    also notice the chinese shuttlers laughing in the back

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sup Guys,

I can't stop drooling on those pix. Anybody got pix of japanese players?

Once a Chinese, always a Chinese..... live in England though
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally, i think it doesn't matter what you wear for badminton.

As a girl, i find that when you wear a top or skirt that's tight or short, guys cannot seem to concentrate on anything else. You can just see their eyes lingering on places which THEY SHOULD NOT! (Although it'll be a good distraction, unless your doubles partner is not looking at the shuttle... )

Besides, tennis is played outside therefore it'll be much hotter. and in badminton, there is more dropshots and jumps, can you imagine how much flesh would flash in a mini-skirt? (says one with the experience ) It's also annoying when picking up the shuttle and you have to bend down...

Well, anyway, i hope you understand what i mean...

oh, and guys! by all mean, if you wanna strip in the middle of the court, we have NO objections whatsoever

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WoAiZhongGuo
    Personally, i think it doesn't matter what you wear for badminton.

As a girl, i find that when you wear a top or skirt that's tight or short, guys cannot seem to concentrate on anything else. You can just see their eyes lingering on places which THEY SHOULD NOT! (Although it'll be a good distraction, unless your doubles partner is not looking at the shuttle... )

Besides, tennis is played outside therefore it'll be much hotter. and in badminton, there is more dropshots and jumps, can you imagine how much flesh would flash in a mini-skirt? (says one with the experience ) It's also annoying when picking up the shuttle and you have to bend down...

Well, anyway, i hope you understand what i mean...

oh, and guys! by all mean, if you wanna strip in the middle of the court, we have NO objections whatsoever
    Aay aay here, I support equal rights

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fishmilk
    also notice the chinese shuttlers laughing in the back
    who are minding their own business .

.. yes, i've noticed... what about them?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ^Tayo^
    Sup Guys,

I can't stop drooling on those pix. Anybody got pix of japanese players?
    that guy was laughing with the adjacent lady player who's attention wasnt on the court. So i doubt his laughing was related to court matter. The 2nd guy wasnt paying attention of the court action either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guys u got any idea to get the chinese national team Polo...look so nice...haha...anyway me too support equal rite

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry CHinese national team shirt

I also tried to get one, but my girlfriend who went home to Shanghai for a couple of months could not find the shirts for me and thinks, unlike in Australia at least, China do not sell their replicate national team shirts to the general public. THis sux a lot!! I should set up a business in China, image the market , but unfortunately also, she said China don't care too much about the sport (just the winning), and soccer is by far more popular, however China are hopeless at that game, so very weird to hear this.

Quote Originally Posted by hongyi_2000
    Guys u got any idea to get the chinese national team Polo...look so nice...haha...anyway me too support equal rite

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Robbo77
    she said China don't care too much about the sport (just the winning), and soccer is by far more popular, however China are hopeless at that game, so very weird to hear this.
    ya..i heard of this b4..badminton is not very well known to the general Chinese citizens although they r very good in it...i think football n maybe basketball is more popular..I think more Chinese know who Yao ming is compared to Lin Dan..but maybe dat's because he's in the NBA

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agree. Other than Yonex; Gosen, Nike and Fila just to name a few
    do have nice new clothings and especially skirts.

Yonex has a rather large and nice selections in Japan, a bit pricey
    though but can't find them here in US.

Quote Originally Posted by kwun
    i too think the new clothings Yonex has came up with are very nice. modern and yet attractive. also nice to see ladies players are starting to wear skirts too, i think they do look rather nice on them. badminton has been rather "boring" in terms of appearance, so this is definitely a good move. scanning through some old tapes, now badminton players looks much more professional than say 10 yrs ago where they are only allowed to wear white+white.. yucks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's already a big improvement for IBF to allow badminton players to wear other colour t-shirts besides white colour. Before that, badminton players can only wear white t-shirts right???

I will wait and see, the next improvement....

However, I think it's not appropriate if badminton players are to wear like tennis players, esp. Kurnikova. Weird. Or you can imagine table tennis players wear like Kurnikova. Not suitable at all from looks to practical use.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

was just watching the Carlton Masters mixed doubles final, the outfit Mette Scholdager is wearing... yowza!! i think i'm in love...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by legal strike
    and this are the way pro female golfers are wearing nowsaday
    well.. i'm in love with this.. (Grace Park from Korea)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's quite the camel toe Anna K. has !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haha.. the ladies look much better in skirts..
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast