User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The current Yonex skirt thingy looks pretty good, esp on Zhou Mi. That I think is good enough as I don't think they need to bare more skin on the court. It's not outdoors where one needs some extra 'exposure' to help dry the sweat.

But if Camilla does wear that for her matches, I'm sure many won't be protesting, no?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

i too think the new clothings Yonex has came up with are very nice. modern and yet attractive. also nice to see ladies players are starting to wear skirts too, i think they do look rather nice on them. badminton has been rather "boring" in terms of appearance, so this is definitely a good move. scanning through some old tapes, now badminton players looks much more professional than say 10 yrs ago where they are only allowed to wear white+white.. yucks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree Kwun.. Last time the attire is very boring. Nowadays the new clothing is really a so called "turn on" to all the fans. At least something different. Simple and yet look attractive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All I'm gonna say is that was one FANTASTIC pic of Kournikova. Not really a fan but she looked great.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh well, I'm a rather conservative person, don't even like sleeveless shirts. And besides, I doubt I'll be comfortable with tight fitting clothes, I prefer lose ones. Badminton shirts can be colourful too, look at some of the Chinese players. I love their shirts!

And Kwun, white+white isn't that bad, I like wearing white when playing badminton. And according to some people white+white=angel.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am open to whatever is lying around the house if it is just a club night (I can often be found playing in my Liverpool shirt) but I do keep some standards for matches. I normally play in white(ish) sports shirts or maybe a coloured Yonex one.

Some people seem to get a bit funny if you play in something too exotic for a match.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what do you guys think if you have a t-shirt with your country name printed on it but u are not a state player do u think it's ok to wear it to play? my daughter was given one by her coach but she dare not wear it and i am a afraid that she will out grow it soon.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Originally posted by legal strike
    what do you guys think if you have a t-shirt with your country name printed on it but u are not a state player do u think it's ok to wear it to play? my daughter was given one by her coach but she dare not wear it and i am a afraid that she will out grow it soon.
    depends. i wouldn't mind wearing one for the recreational games. but to attend a real tournament, probably not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's a teen in the club I play at who has his name and country of origin printed on every Yonex polo shirt he wears to play, as if he was a professional player. He even switches to different shirts between every game. Even though he's not a national player he still looks very sharp and I'm sure he feels good/proud wearing it which is pretty much all that matters .

So I think your daughter should just wear the shirt proudly, especially since it was a gift from her coach. I think it's just like wearing NHL hockey jerseys, or soccer/football jerseys. Nothing wrong with wanting to dress like top players or being proud of your country, especially if it will make you feel better and perhaps even play better. If your daughter is afraid of what the other kids will think, then just explain that she should wear the shirt as a reminder to always train hard and aspire to achieve high goals .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

=Begin of non-relevant post=

The thing is, wearing those jerseys of hockey or football (soccer to you Yankees) could actually hinder movement as they usually have longer sleeves or length that could become heavy when it starts absorbing sweat.

My personal favourite (although no relevance to 'new female attire... ) is the simple collared-T shirt made especially for badminton, tennis or table tennis which are much lighter than common cotton T-shirts. The sleeves are also a tad shorter. I always pull the sleeves up when I wear normal T-shirts as they felt 'annoying'...

=End of non-relevant post=

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ummm... perhaps I should have been more clear. I meant wearing pro hockey and soccer/football jerseys while playing hockey or soccer/football... not for playing badminton! Although there is one guy at my club that always wears huge basketball shorts and soccer/football jerseys... he looks very... unique .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes there's this girl who is also training under the same coach as my daughter who always wear a pair of basket ball shorts, and as she is not tall she looks sort of cute and 'unique' as timeless has mentioned, but she can play very well.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Why not? Wear something more unique!! I wore a HK T-shirt once. Then got asked if I played for HK. I said "no! The T-shirt was a gift"
    Wore the Korean T-shirt once just knocking around. There were some basketball players around just finishing their session. Did a few practice smashes and drives - I could hear them behind me saying "wow!" hehe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Cheung
    Why not? Wear something more unique!! I wore a HK T-shirt once. Then got asked if I played for HK. I said "no! The T-shirt was a gift"
    Wore the Korean T-shirt once just knocking around. There were some basketball players around just finishing their session. Did a few practice smashes and drives - I could hear them behind me saying "wow!" hehe
    Maybe you look "potential" national player on court , Everyone seems to play better if he wear so called national team shirts. Wanna be Kim DM , JR , Gade or Micheal Jordan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Cheung
    i guess u will not be too conscious if you r wearing some other country t-shirt instead of your own.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

i guess u will not be too conscious if you r wearing some other country t-shirt instead of your own.
    Other country? only for one of the T-shirts.

What's there to be embarassed about your country? I'd ask your daughter to wear the shirt with pride..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh she's not ashamed of our country just that she feels that her standard is not good enough to wear it

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast