User Tag List

Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For most people 22 is the ideal tension, but either 23 or 21 its still ideal, but if u want a more powerful smash, try 25 or 24.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Harry1001 View Post
    I have my yonex armortec 900 power at 26lbs.

Alternativley i know someone who had his strung at 33lbs. Thats not a typo 33lbs! He broke four strings later on...
    I had my At800 Off at 24, and after deciding to change am having 2 900Powers at 26. I prefer higher tensions, but then I suppose I already have the power developed.

When younger, I got stringers to recommend tensions for me. This led to erratic stringing (some between 19 and 24), so when I started playing more seriously I got my coach to string them, and suggested something to the high end of the recommended tension. Since then it's just been a case of "fiddling" with it.

Gordon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

can I ask something? does accuracy has something to do with the string tension?

I wasn't able to perform a baseline clear effectively when my string tension is in 26, so is it recommended to lower my tension, let's say, 23 in order to be effective in clears? The string that I used on that time was the bg 65, I'm planning to restring my racket with bg80 this week.

let's say if my ideal tension is 23, would I ask the stringer to string my racket at 25 so that in the long run, the tension would fall and be permanent at 23?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The string tension will keep falling, but not as fast after the first few weeks. I'd suggest the drop in tension so your racquet will be a bit more forgiving, and I also suggest that you check with a coach to hopefully improve your technique; it's never too early (or late) to learn the right technique .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

25 because just 1 above the normal one for a but more power

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am going to test out 27-28lb tension tomorrow

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like twenty two.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Forgot to add... this for NBG95 :'(.... really want NBG98!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok after playing a while with my Armortec 900P strung with Nanogy 95 at 28lbs, everything seems to have fallen perfectly into place!!!!!

Everything is so much superior than it was when it was strung at 25lbs... My shots are so much more accurate and with much more precision and control, drives have that extra boom and clears are more effortless?!
    Also dropshots for me are so much more sharper and faster, not to mention I have much more control and feeling at the net now.... it's superb!!

Lastly the smashes, are much much much more powerful, sharp it's not a joke!! Strung at this tension my smashes have become much more beastly than ever before... Finally I'm smashing the daylights out of my opponents instead of relying on many other factors to get into the precise position of a power smash... Even then, before my smashes could be returned a lot of the times... but
    Now I can just smash basically from anywhere with awesome accuracy and power... amazing stuff, I also feel no soreness or fatigue at all on my shoulders and arm even after 3 hours of strenuous and continuous play.

I love it, after I really get used to this I'm gonna try out 30lbs to continue the search of finding the perfect tension for me!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by volcom View Post
    Ok after playing a while with my Armortec 900P strung with Nanogy 95 at 28lbs, everything seems to have fallen perfectly into place!!!!!

Everything is so much superior than it was when it was strung at 25lbs... My shots are so much more accurate and with much more precision and control, drives have that extra boom and clears are more effortless?!
    Also dropshots for me are so much more sharper and faster, not to mention I have much more control and feeling at the net now.... it's superb!!

Lastly the smashes, are much much much more powerful, sharp it's not a joke!! Strung at this tension my smashes have become much more beastly than ever before... Finally I'm smashing the daylights out of my opponents instead of relying on many other factors to get into the precise position of a power smash... Even then, before my smashes could be returned a lot of the times... but
    Now I can just smash basically from anywhere with awesome accuracy and power... amazing stuff, I also feel no soreness or fatigue at all on my shoulders and arm even after 3 hours of strenuous and continuous play.

I love it, after I really get used to this I'm gonna try out 30lbs to continue the search of finding the perfect tension for me!
    That's what I experienced as well! My control became so much better when I jumped from 20lbs to 24lbs, then to 26lbs. Except in the first change of tension, I started to get a very sore shoulder and arm. In fact, that forced me to use my wrist more, which is actually a good thing. IMO, higher tension = more use of wrist.

I'll be trying NBG98 or NBG95 on my AT700 at 27lbs after my strings snap.. cant wait

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

different string have different suited tension, each tension doesn't belong to all string, generally thicker plays best at 1-2 higher tension than thinner one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Play Against A Wall And You Will Find The Right Tension

I'm studying physics engineering in germany and look at another angle on this, just say there are some key laws about this topic (Impulse/Energy maintenance).
    I have about 25 rackets strung between 16 and 25 lbs. Had previously always tended to play with 21 to 22 lbs. Now 18 are best when using the wrist optimally and not wasting energy. I think most players can't stretch the string at the maximum, whatever the tension is, because they just hit, mostly too fast, is just an observation in my club. If you swing very fast I can understand why some players can get more power from higher tension string, but their timing is good, other fast swinger can't hit the right speed, wrong timing. You have to swing at the right speed for special tension. Furthermore the shaft stiffness is important, if the shaft is stiff and strings are mid, its quite the same to mid shaft and high string tension.
    PLAY AGAINST A WALL WITH DIFFERENT RACKETS/TENSIONS AND YOU WILL FIND THE RIGHT TENSION FOR THE SPECIAL SWING TECHNIQUE

good luck

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anybody know what happens when you play with a tension below your optimal tension? eg your optimal tension is 25lbs but your racket is strung at 21lbs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i play not my best, feel is not there, just easier to my arm, but placement is so poor

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is 23x25 will be fine if i want restring my 4U AT900T?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

veery fineeeee..........

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IMO.

I believe the ideal tension for a majority of players is between 22-24lbs.
    It will also depend on your skill level.

say,

beginner = 18-20lbs
    intermediate = 22-26lbs
    Advanced = 28-30lbs

It's all about testing & trying out new tensions yourselves. It's quite fun when i snap a string because i can try out new tensions! I started off with around 24lbs, now i am using 26lbs.

Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast