User Tag List

Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi all,

In my opinion, I think 21 or 22 is the best. As this questions are mainly asked by beginners, this is the range that they should play with. For advance or more skilled players, they would have already adjusted to the their lbs or maybe adjusting to the increment of the lbs that they use. So beginners mostly like to play racquets strung at 21 or 22.

cheers,
    eferata

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the best for you is not the best for everyone
    many beginner in my country play with 29lbs nowadays, cause they dont even have a clue what tension should applied

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sifuyono View Post
    the best for you is not the best for everyone
    many beginner in my country play with 29lbs nowadays, cause they dont even have a clue what tension should applied
    The standard of badminton in Indonesia is very high and I am not surprised that beginners there do play with very high tension, probably due to the influence of the players they play with or train with. Also the hot weather there also is condusive to use of high tension without frequent string breakage.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Heong View Post
    IMO.

I believe the ideal tension for a majority of players is between 22-24lbs.
    It will also depend on your skill level.

say,

beginner = 18-20lbs
    intermediate = 22-26lbs
    Advanced = 28-30lbs

It's all about testing & trying out new tensions yourselves. It's quite fun when i snap a string because i can try out new tensions! I started off with around 24lbs, now i am using 26lbs.
    Actually, I no longer agree with the above. Every beginner can play with high tension of 29lbs easily if he or she learns the basic importance of using proper leverage in stroke-making. Leverage requires your stroke to have a swing cycle, and the cycle has a beginning, a middle, and an end which requires an increase in hand speed. The middle of the swing is when the swing is at its slowest, and then the final swing picks up or accelerates the "punch". With this hitting a shot at 29lbs is quite effortless and comfortable, not like a feeling of hitting a brick wall as an incorrect swing will give.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by taneepak View Post
    Actually, I no longer agree with the above. Every beginner can play with high tension of 29lbs easily if he or she learns the basic importance of using proper leverage in stroke-making. Leverage requires your stroke to have a swing cycle, and the cycle has a beginning, a middle, and an end which requires an increase in hand speed. The middle of the swing is when the swing is at its slowest, and then the final swing picks up or accelerates the "punch". With this hitting a shot at 29lbs is quite effortless and comfortable, not like a feeling of hitting a brick wall as an incorrect swing will give.
    so, what's your ideal string tension eepak?
    my ideal between 24-30lbs, lower or more than that i can't play well.
    even some young ladies beginner hit with 29lbs in here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The standard of badminton in Indonesia is very high and I am not surprised that beginners there do play with very high tension, probably due to the influence of the players they play with or train with. Also the hot weather there also is condusive to use of high tension without frequent string breakage.
    without frequent string breakage?? yes..
    but not with racquet breakage

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so, what's your ideal string tension eepak?
    my ideal between 24-30lbs, lower or more than that i can't play well.
    even some young ladies beginner hit with 29lbs in here
    I play with anything from 27.5lbs to 31.5lbs for the media mains and crosses, with variable but higher tensions for the 6 to 8 middle cross strings.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I play with anything from 27.5lbs to 31.5lbs for the media mains and crosses, with variable but higher tensions for the 6 to 8 middle cross strings.
    what string do you usually use? (your fave string)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what string do you usually use? (your fave string)
    I play with new racquets all the time, afterwhich I sell them as used equipment. I play with my own invention, TEPSM, that has a special matrix not known in badminton. It also has no paint work and is carbon black, just a mirror-image of the insides of a mold. I use various strings, ML, PG66 Neon, PG66 Power, MP66, NBG98, BG85. I find all the strings very good, except NBG98 which has more brawn than brains. I still use NBG98 because I can fetch a higher price for my used TEPSM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I play with new racquets all the time, afterwhich I sell them as used equipment. I play with my own invention, TEPSM, that has a special matrix not known in badminton. It also has no paint work and is carbon black, just a mirror-image of the insides of a mold. I use various strings, ML, PG66 Neon, PG66 Power, MP66, NBG98, BG85. I find all the strings very good, except NBG98 which has more brawn than brains. I still use NBG98 because I can fetch a higher price for my used TEPSM.
    some of your fave string doesnt exist in my city, these are available: ML,NBG-98,BG-85...but once again they're not too popular, not many shop have the stock.
    usually we're indonesian use bg-66 (most shop have this string), the other bg-65/85/80/65ti/68ti and once again not popular, and difficult to find

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi, i'm new here. I want to ask about tension.
    I am a beginner player, and i have Armortec 250. What string tension are good for my Armortec250 if i'm using NBG95 or BG66 ???

I want a powerfull string, and excellent string, but its safe for my racquets.

thx!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi

String tension is a relative thing. There is no absolute answer. The variables are listed as follow:

1. Temperature
    2. Atomspheric pressure
    3. Humidity
    4. Thickness of the string
    5. Strength/power of the player

The general rule is that the higher the tension, the better the control but lesser the power/rebounce.

The higher the local temperature and humidity, the higher the tension. This has an effect on the elasticity of the string.

For example, in Hong Kong, string tension of #24-28 is considered normal. In Canada, it is normal to string to #22 in summer and #18 in winter. In Sweden, it is usually strung to #15-#16 in winter.

For the same reason, faster/lighter shuttles graded #6 or 80 are intended for average local temperature of 10C (range 7-13C), whereas slower shuttles of grade #2 or 76 are for average local temperature of 30C (range 27-33C). In between, #3 or 77 are for 25C(range 22-28C); #4 or 78 are 20C (range 17-23C); and #5 or 79 are for 15C (range 12-18C). This is because shuttles travel slower in colder air (densed air) and much faster in hotter air.

The thickness of the string affect the "true" tension as well. The thinner string of 0.66mm (e.g. Gosen: Alan & Susi) stung at #22 will have the same effect as a 0.70mm (e.g. gosen 70 Pro) stung at #24-26. However, the 0.70mm can go up to as high as #33 and is more durable.

Racquet tension is usually kept as secret amongst the top tournament players. They will bring with them their personal stringers in major tournaments.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by quintessence View Post
    Hi
    The general rule is that the higher the tension, the better the control but lesser the power/rebounce.
    Thanks
    I tend to disagree with a lot of people on that, when they refer to high string tensions as less power. I feel that the high tension means less of a trampoline effect, where the mass of the shuttle can make it bounce off with a lot of force. The normally means more "control", as in the variable bounce of the shuttle is less existant, and one finds it easier to control the bird with their own power, instead of letting the bouncing bird control itself.

As well, with the absence of a trampoline effect, generating power is harder, because of less bounce. However, if enough swing force is provided to allow the strings to flex, the high potential energy in the strings, should cause power to increase. Except, if you cannot cause the string to bend, it will seem like there is no power in the racquet because there is no trampoline effect to aid in power generation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for your responses. your information is very useful. I'm still a kid. ( maybe teenager)
    im only grade 10, and you know what power that I have.
    My power is weak. and i just a beginner. So, what's your string reccomendation for me, for my AT250? because im so confused to choose the good string. thx!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Try BG66 at 21 lbs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok, i will try it! btw, is it too low?? ( 21lbs )
    and what is the difference between BG66 Sharp and BG66???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bg-66 sharp, more sharp feel, a little bit better repulsion, but considering the price, then i still choose bg-66, except money doesn't matter for you

Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast