User Tag List

Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ideal : One that is regarded as a standard or model of perfection or excellence.

Since i can unload all my strokes very well at 30lbs, then my ideal tension will be 30lbs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone know best tension for arcr saber 10? 25lb good , many people say the frame will go smaller? is that true? good or bad?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LD rules! View Post
    How come you ArcSaber's can only take 24, from what i have heard, it can take 32+
    the tension data was wirtten on the racket by Yonex company...Only ArcSaber 8 can take 27 bls...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

High-end racquets, like Yonex, can take higher tensions than recommended. The downside is frequency in restringing and grommet replacements..that's not bad considering the amount of pleasure playing with the best weapon, your favourite tension, string and racquet combo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

based on the skill level, which do you think is the best string tension range for

beginners:
    intermediate:
    advanced:

i can say that im an intermediate player. i play using a tension of 24 lbs. ive stuck with this tension for almost a year. however, when i backread threads regarding string tension, 24 lbs is as they say, too high for an intermediate player. according to the forums, even advanced players string their rackets at 22 lbs which for me is quite confusing. the people i play with who have the same skill level as me more or less string their rackets at 26 lbs at least. im the only one who strings it at 24. im trying to consider going lower if this could improve the power of my smashes but how low should i go? if we are talking about technique, this is not a problem since i've been undergoing badminton training for a year already and im still constantly training with a coach.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kewlboi View Post
    based on the skill level, which do you think is the best string tension range for

beginners: 22-25lbs
    intermediate: 24-28lbs
    advanced: 27-30lbs
    male pro: min30lbs

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yoppy View Post
    beginners: 22-25lbs
    intermediate: 24-28lbs
    advanced: 27-30lbs
    male pro: min30lbs
    IMHO, one's ideal tension is the one most comfortable that one can master, as in control and power. I'm a stringer and have the liberty to try different strings and tensions. I've strung my various racquets from 22#s to 32#s, and my ideal tension is 26/28#s. That's when I have the control @the net, and power in my smashes and drives. There are better players @ the club where I play who find comfort and joy @ 24#s and 26#s. Just my 2 cents.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes ofcourse we only want the right tension that suits us, and there is no magic number. I have mentioned times here that the only way to find out is to try different tensions (maybe starts low and moves up) and feel at which tension is the most confortable.

Thats said, it is not sensible for a beginner to start lets say at 28lbs, or a pro player sticking with 24lbs. A beginner at 28lbs will be likely to injured him/her self. So the optimum level will change overtime as we develop as player. Who will know this?? Again the player him/her self should know. The range that i mention on post 381 is by no mean a fixed one, its just my opinion based on what i have seen over the yrs.

Some BC members have illustrated previously with the example of arrow and bow (i think its a very good example). Perhaps to answer kewlboy or others who repeatedly ask at this thread about lower tension = more power?? Not always, depends on your strength.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

am still sticking to 23-24lbs. Unless you are an international player, you can go beyond that and of course, rackets will break faster.

you don't have the consistent strength to go beyond it.

See how many back hand base to base you can hit using tensions more than 24lbs? Tried it?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im not sure if we are talking about the same lbs here. I went to a tennis shop once and asked for my racket to be strung as 26lbs, and when i got it back its like 30lbs. I dont know what machine he used, but i won't come back there for sure.

My main stringer uses the official Yonex electric measured machine. I have been with most Sydney stringers and he's the most accurate and consistent. So perhaps your 24lbs is equal to my 28lbs?? I strung most of my racket 28lbs and practically never broke any of them (apart from those fragile Wilsons)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ofcourse YY say only 25lbs max just to make sure about the warranty issue, and also ofcourse higher tension creates higher stress to the racket, but to me so far the enjoyment of using my prefered tension outweights the cost that i have to replace rackets.

That said, i got your point in regard to consistency. IMO for most of us practically we play only once or twice a week (about 2-4 hrs each session) and we are there to work out and have fun. So giving your best during those hrs is good enough, there is no need to lower the tension just to anticipate the muscle getting tired.

Another solution would be to have 2 different tension rackets. Although i personally prefer to switch to a less demanding racket when tired, simply because changing tension is a lot more difficult to adjust.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As for the myth "less tension equals power" ..that's true if you just hit the bird 'coz of the trampolin effect. But with tighter tension and smacking the bird(a hard hitter) thereby still causing the "trampolin effect", and with the tighter tension, the bird is going to fly faster(so more power), and the tighter tension gives less chance of a "pull down" in the racquet travel thereby more accuracy...again my 2 cents.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

24lbs-26lbs it's perfect for both power and control

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So a Voltric 70 max tension stated is 24lbs. What is the max anyone here has strung it and dont have any problems with it?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I personally use 31 to 34lbs, constant pull tensions. The ideal tension that I observe is more or less a relation expressively:

The higher the tension the better the control and the more powerful the shots generated will be (thus better angles, smashes etc.). However the negative side to this is the higher the tension the more strength will be needed to play the "better level shots" as described and more stamina will be consumed. In other words you play better but burn out earlier.

On the other hand the lower the tension the less control and less powerful the shots will be relatively. However the plus side to this is the lower the tension the less strength will be needed to play consistent shots and thus less stamina will be consumed for a more consistent play. In other words you play more consistently and will last longer in a rally.

To summarise, the ideal tension depends on the situation. Lets say if I feel less comfortable on court on a certain day then it will be more advisable to stick to my lower tension racquets. On days when I am fully pumped up then the higher tensions will be better for a full frontal assault, and quoting Morten Frost, to "walk all over [the opponent]"

Even the professional players have a "usable range" of tensions that they vary depending on their physical status. Sometimes not all of the racquets a pro carries into court are strung at exactly the same tension, unless he/she is very confident that his/her physical status will stay consistent for the whole tournament. Like what Roger Federer explained, the ideal tension is what feels the most comfortable on the particular day.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by justinpops View Post
    So a Voltric 70 max tension stated is 24lbs. What is the max anyone here has strung it and dont have any problems with it?
    My wife has hers @ 26/28 #s with BG66 Maxima, and she does very well with that...clearing, net plays as well as smashing. ... seriously

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello guys,

I wanna ask about string tension.. I have a prokennex racket 727 ( it just cost me $30 )

do u think it will hold if i string it with 26 lbs? bcoz in 24lbs, i can't control the shuttlecock.. it's always go too deep ( and out )

thx

Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast