User Tag List

Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast
Results 392 to 408 of 474
  1. #392
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Taiwan
    Posts
    116
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hello guys,

    I wanna ask about string tension.. I have a prokennex racket 727 ( it just cost me $30 )

    do u think it will hold if i string it with 26 lbs? bcoz in 24lbs, i can't control the shuttlecock.. it's always go too deep ( and out )

    thx

  2. #393
    Regular Member chilli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    chilliwack, b.c., Can./Mas.
    Posts
    488
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 57.Christ View Post
    Hello guys,

    I wanna ask about string tension.. I have a prokennex racket 727 ( it just cost me $30 )

    do u think it will hold if i string it with 26 lbs? bcoz in 24lbs, i can't control the shuttlecock.. it's always go too deep ( and out )

    thx
    Firstly, get a better racket. These lower priced rackets cannot be restrung to higher tension without the risk of collapsing. With a better racquet, you have the options of tighter tensions and better racket specs to suit your style of playing including different gauges in strings. Good luck

  3. #394
    Regular Member Polaroid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Southern California,USA
    Posts
    203
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 57.Christ View Post
    Hello guys,

    I wanna ask about string tension.. I have a prokennex racket 727 ( it just cost me $30 )

    do u think it will hold if i string it with 26 lbs? bcoz in 24lbs, i can't control the shuttlecock.. it's always go too deep ( and out )

    thx

    If you can't even control with 24lbs lower the tension. If you go higher its harder to control. And chilli is right if you want a racket to hold a decent tension get a better racket.

  4. #395
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Taiwan
    Posts
    116
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chilli View Post
    Firstly, get a better racket. These lower priced rackets cannot be restrung to higher tension without the risk of collapsing. With a better racquet, you have the options of tighter tensions and better racket specs to suit your style of playing including different gauges in strings. Good luck
    I want to, but i'm still considering.. 100US$ on a 'sport-tools' is a little bit too much for me..

    and I'm afraid even though i bought it, my improvement maybe only a little..

    Quote Originally Posted by Polaroid View Post
    If you can't even control with 24lbs lower the tension. If you go higher its harder to control. And chilli is right if you want a racket to hold a decent tension get a better racket.
    no, what i mean is, it's really different than my friend's racket in terms of better control. my friend's is Arc10PG with NG98@28Lbs.. and when i tried smashing with it, it felt like i can pointed out the direction.. i don't know why i can't do that with my current racket, even though i strung it with 25lbs..

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Out Of Topic:
    What's the difference between 'cheap' racket and 'expensive' one anyway? bcoz when i read kwun's post in this
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...nton-Equipment
    made me considered more and more why i need an expensive one.. *thx kwun for saving my money up until this time*

  5. #396
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    personally i think that the tension of the racket depends on the person.

    For first timers in badminton probably 20lb would be a good starting location to help then generate some power from the strings ( elastic ).

    For players that are intermediate ( or around that ) it may be good to go 22-24lb if your racket can handle it ( because for some people they dont want to blow up their racket from high tension and from what i know, most rackets should hand 24lb just fine)
    This higher tension should give them more control, and hits should feel much "better"/"crisp" once they get used to the tension.

    For the more demanding players ( not going to say advanced because not all "advanced" players use high tension :P or at least from what i have encountered) they can try stringing from 25-28 lbs. This tension is only for those that are "willing" to string it that high. Reason why it might not be too good to string that high? your grommets can crack, and a lot more strain is introduced to the racket. However, for those that dont mind the risk, the rewards are just as good . Hits should sound and feel crisp if you are hitting the shuttle correctly. Great control and power if you know how to generate it (from proper hitting of course)

    Exception: In some cases i have heard some people with specific rackets absolutely say the racket is at its peak ( best ) only at higher tensions. i dont know about those though

  6. #397
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    PJ
    Posts
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i would say 26-28lbs for both control and smashes
    i do love 28-32lbs though but when if you want to smash hard , you need to have an iron hand as well :P

  7. #398
    Regular Member chilli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    chilliwack, b.c., Can./Mas.
    Posts
    488
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I've been restringing the lower priced Yonex Nanospeed, like the NS100, NS500 and NS800 up to 25 lbs, because these factory strung racquets are not much use when you're trying to improve your skills. People who have bought these racquets were advised to have them restrung after after trying them out. Everyone of them were happier with the tighter tensions.

  8. #399
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    taman equine seri kembangan
    Posts
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    For me the ideal tension is depends on the person. example: if he or she feels that 23 pounds is comfortable, then that is the best tension for him or her for the time being. but you must remember, the longer you play, the stronger your arms and wrist becomes so racket tension must be increase from time to time until you reach your maximum ability.

    another example is my own self. i started to play at 23pounds. from time to time i kept on playing and slowly increase tension because my arm and wrist is getting stronger and now i am playing at 30pounds. i have only 2 rackets(pity=D). 1 racket with 30pounds of yonex bg 80 power and another 1 racket with 27pounds tension. the string didn't break but i had to cut it myself because when i play at 27pounds, i cant feel the power on every stroke or backhand or smash i made so i restrung it with nano g 98 at 30pounds. 1st time i played it, i can feel the power on every stroke nothing like before. the 30lbs tension + the repulsion power of nano g 98 + its sound= its a wow feeling!

    Reminder: do not change tension drastically. if you want to increase tension, perhaps you can try your friends rackets which is the tension is higher than your currently use tension.

  9. #400
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hi,can you please help me, Whats the Ideal String and tension of my NS9900?and can I restring it into 26lbs even if its max tension is 24lbs?please i need answer...

  10. #401
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    from Indonesia, now in China
    Posts
    2,450
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joven View Post
    Hi,can you please help me, Whats the Ideal String and tension of my NS9900?and can I restring it into 26lbs even if its max tension is 24lbs?please i need answer...
    since you are male and using feather, how about 21 or 22 lbs for starter?
    if you don't feel it right, then after few months, cut it and go for higher or lower depending on your preference

    yes, you can string above 24 lbs
    24lbs is "recommended" tension, meaning that if you go above that, your warranty would be revoked (and yeah, they can check it if you try to claim the warranty)

    high end racket usually can go above 30lbs, however you needs a very experienced stringer to do this,
    normal stinger usually will not dare to go above the recommended tension because they are afraid they make some mistakes and you cannot reclaim the warranty of your racket

  11. #402
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Unhappy

    Quote Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
    since you are male and using feather, how about 21 or 22 lbs for starter?if you don't feel it right, then after few months, cut it and go for higher or lower depending on your preferenceyes, you can string above 24 lbs24lbs is "recommended" tension, meaning that if you go above that, your warranty would be revoked (and yeah, they can check it if you try to claim the warranty)high end racket usually can go above 30lbs, however you needs a very experienced stringer to do this, normal stinger usually will not dare to go above the recommended tension because they are afraid they make some mistakes and you cannot reclaim the warranty of your racket
    My NS9900 has 22lbs and has no power so I cut it,I want to restring it into 26lbs but im not sure if what type of string will I be using and also im afraid that it might broke,please give me some advice,tnx..more power

  12. #403
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    from Indonesia, now in China
    Posts
    2,450
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joven View Post
    My NS9900 has 22lbs and has no power so I cut it,I want to restring it into 26lbs but im not sure if what type of string will I be using and also im afraid that it might broke,please give me some advice,tnx..more power
    hmm.. if you cannot generate power from your NS9900
    there will be two reasons:

    1st, the string is too tight which is most likely not the case because it's only 22lbs

    second, what I'm afraid the most, NS9900 might be too stiff for you
    you cannot bend the shaft properly when doing a shot, thus less power generated
    NS9900 is one of the most stiffest racket around, it is not uncommon someone cannot use it properly

    if you say NS9900 cannot generate more power than your armortec, there is nothing wrong with it
    being stiffer and head lighter, NS9900 might not be able to hit harder than your AT70

    if you put tighter string such as 26lbs, it would destroy your arm
    higher tension means less power and more accuracy
    so if you have problem in power, then I would suggest lower tension

  13. #404
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    taman equine seri kembangan
    Posts
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default string tension

    Quote Originally Posted by Joven View Post
    Hi,can you please help me, Whats the Ideal String and tension of my NS9900?and can I restring it into 26lbs even if its max tension is 24lbs?please i need answer...
    I am no expert but hopefully my answer could help.

    1) can I restring it into 26lbs even if its max tension is 24lbs?
    yes, although stated max 26lbs, there is always a tolerance +- 2lbs in racket tension. But your racket may be less durable after you exceed the max tension. when it gets knocked accidentally especially in doubles and also when your string breaks at the side, quickly cut the broken string or your racket frame could be broken. i experienced it my self.

    2) what is the ideal tension string tension for my NS9900?

    If u are a beginner you can always start at 22 or 23lbs. Increase it from time to time bcoz the longer u play, the stronger your arm and wrist becomes. or may b u can try your friends rackets who has tension range from 22 to 25lbs, then u can make a decision from there. choose a good repulsion string (normally smaller in diameter) example like yonex bg66 ultimax or nano g 98 and so forth.

    hope this would help.

  14. #405
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    My AT70 has a 24lbs and I feel the power,what am i going to do with my ns9900 now,i want to feel the power my ns9900,i feel sad

  15. #406
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    from Indonesia, now in China
    Posts
    2,450
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joven View Post
    My AT70 has a 24lbs and I feel the power,what am i going to do with my ns9900 now,i want to feel the power my ns9900,i feel sad
    have you ever tried this racket before you buy it?
    you should know your preference before buying a high end racket..
    how about try to sell it? and go for head heavy racket such as Victor MX70? (MX70 is a medium stiff and head heavy racket like your armortec 70)
    or you can try stiff head heavy racket such as Yonex VT80, armortec 900 P, or Victor MX80

  16. #407
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Burnaby, BC
    Posts
    171
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joven View Post
    My AT70 has a 24lbs and I feel the power,what am i going to do with my ns9900 now,i want to feel the power my ns9900,i feel sad
    do you play with feather or plastic shuttles? i have a AT700 @25lbs and i fel its a bit high

  17. #408
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I play feather, I'd like to play with a higher tension because im a smasher,thats why im asking if my ns9900 is suitable for me.if not ill buy arcsaber z slash..i thought my ns 9900 can give me powerfull smash because its head is very light,huhuh

Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 43
    : 12-18-2012, 04:07 PM
  2. Ideal String for Low Tension?
    By aznb3n in forum Badminton String
    Replies: 15
    : 01-25-2012, 04:23 PM
  3. Ideal Tension for MP33???
    By iMakk in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 0
    : 08-24-2005, 05:22 AM
  4. what's ideal tension in my case???
    By SmashingPower in forum Racket Recommendation / Comparison
    Replies: 1
    : 04-29-2004, 10:12 PM
  5. Ideal string & tension
    By dave in forum Badminton String
    Replies: 1
    : 01-24-2002, 08:43 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •