User Tag List

Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by McKenny
    It's written on most of the racket that max. 24lbs but how come u guys dare to go for more?????
    I did try playing with 24x24, but.... could not get the kick; the feel is simply not there. So.... I told the stringer to string at Cross 28 x Main 26 with 0.66 thickness strings. But... subsequently dropped to Cross 26.5 x Main 26. So far so good.

And... back to your question, the maximum recommended is only 24LBS, why we dare to go for more??

If it breaks, I know I cannot claim a new one from the distributor, I will simply buy another new one... that is the risk you need to undertake in order to try high tensions. But... bear in mind that for those with weaker wrist power, lower tensions should be more adequate.

Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HKChua
    I did try playing with 24x24, but.... could not get the kick; the feel is simply not there. So.... I told the stringer to string at Cross 28 x Main 26 with 0.66 thickness strings. But... subsequently dropped to Cross 26.5 x Main 26. So far so good.

And... back to your question, the maximum recommended is only 24LBS, why we dare to go for more??

If it breaks, I know I cannot claim a new one from the distributor, I will simply buy another new one... that is the risk you need to undertake in order to try high tensions. But... bear in mind that for those with weaker wrist power, lower tensions should be more adequate.

Thanks.
    Cifu HKChua,

I think i have the power but just not used to new tension everytime I upgrade it... Guess just have to play it for sometime before switching back..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cifu HKChua,

I think i have the power but just not used to new tension everytime I upgrade it... Guess just have to play it for sometime before switching back..
    Try stringing with 0.66 at 24x24 for the first time.

Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HKChua
    Try stringing with 0.66 at 24x24 for the first time.

Thanks.
    I am used to 21x21, do u think it's a good idea to go to 24x24 immediately?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am used to 21x21, do u think it's a good idea to go to 24x24 immediately?
    Should be alright!

Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am having a Cab21 as well.. Should I change it to 24x24? I think all ppl should have all rackets with same tension, rite? Should they be any tension difference on Cab21??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SOme one said the ideal tension is 26 lbs , well do you think some one who just started playing for not too long can handle that? I mean when i first started playing 22lbs was the ideal tension for me, so i think the answer is the more skillful you are the higher tension you can take.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ive always had my racquets strung at 21lbs simply because ive never been advised to do otherwise. What are the pros/cons for a higher tension?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heh! You'll never know until you find out. It's really subjective. You should try upping the tension 2lb at a time to find out what the fuss is all about.

Quote Originally Posted by macca
    ive always had my racquets strung at 21lbs simply because ive never been advised to do otherwise. What are the pros/cons for a higher tension?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default my favourite tension

My absolute favourite is to have 24 pounds crossx23 pounds main(at present with BG-88ti 4knots job). Find it awesome for control and power is not too bad. If the strings aren't 'crisp' then I restring because it feels sooo good . Thats what I prefer...

Would like to try out a 26+ pounds stringjob but haven't found an interesting one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What are the advantages and disadvantages of high tension? What about low tension? I usually string my racket at 24 pounds with a BG80 string. By making it 24, I do not have to restring frequently. Being an intermmediate player, I think this tension is adequate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi,

I've a 20+years old Kawasaki Graphite G01 which I'm now using as a spare. It was probably the 1st generation all graphite racket and was a very good one at that time.

The recommended tension sticker on the cone has long gone. Has anyone got any idea about the tension for this racket ?

wing-hong

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Will the racquet break easier when it is strung with a higher tension? I heard some ppl string with 26+ lbs but the a much lower range is shown on the racquet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think there is no ideal tension. Every player have their own preferable tension, it all depends on a player's strength and comfort. e.g. Men players would have above 20Ibs and women lower than that
    I must agree that racquets that have lower tension have a better control and higher tension gives more power!

I tried lowering the tension of my racquets to 18Ibs and boy....my arm hurts after that so I got them all re-strung to 21Ibs, so to my strength 21Ibs is my ideal tension.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

erm...... correct me if i'm wrong, i heard someone saying he strung his racket at 33pounds?? can the racket really take it??

I heard that if the string tension is higher, u need a very strong wrist to hit the shutters. if not it doesnt fly. Is it true??

Btw, will a higher tension = More control, power in shots??
    Lower tension = More bounc, less power, less control in shots??

Thanks guys

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cappy75
    Heh! You'll never know until you find out. It's really subjective. You should try upping the tension 2lb at a time to find out what the fuss is all about.
    hmm, i've been getting all my recent restrings @ 23 lbs of BG 65, and it's very comfortable for me as i've gotten used to using 23. when i hit the birdie it feels crisp and solid, however maybe i should string it at 25 the next time? like you say....is there THAT much of a diff from 23 to 25??? more control perhaps? power?? i'm just afraid that @ 25lbs any slight mis hit might break my racquet.... it won't will it?

oh btw, i think the ideal tension is around 21 lbs (more or less 1 lb) becuz most beginners start off with a prestrung racquet, so it'll be around that tension.

It's comfortable enough for beginners, yet still ok to a certain extent for more imtermidiate/advanced players so i think that 21lbs is the ideal tension. (even tho i string mine a bit higher )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's something I've noticed concerning string tensions. If you check www.blackknight.ca, most rackets have a recommended string tension of around 17-21lbs. I find this pretty strange, considering the ideal tensions everyone is posting.

Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast