User Tag List

Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MY BAD: 33Lbs..! it is..

Quote Originally Posted by Malik
    I'll say that it's a personal thing... I think that it should be as hard as possible..wich is different from player to player.. I like playing with 36lbs @ bg80

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink tension - michael jordan.

yes, I'm with Mr. Mike at 23lbs. I guess the more powerful the person is, the higher tension they will use. Easier control.
    rgds

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm...i just got my racket string today. I string it at 28lbs though....wellz...i have one yonex racket which is round 21-25lbs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my tension is around 24-26~ now...not Kgs but Lbs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For me i started using 20lbs when i was starting out in this wonderfull game . Now 14 years on i use 25lbs for doubles and 23lbs for singles all with bg66 . This way i still can compete with people 20 yrs. younger.

P.S. I am still confused how people say the lower the tension the more power.

For me the the higher the tension more power .What i notice is lower the tension larger sweetspot where as higher the tension smaller sweet spot, but wow does it fill good when you whack it in the middle with higher tension.

Any how thats me
    Last edited by tony d; 12-15-2004 at 02:01 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Couldn't say it any better

Quote Originally Posted by tony d
    For me the the higher the tension more power .What i notice is lower the tension larger sweetspot where as higher the tension smaller sweet spot, but wow does it fill good when you whack it in the middle with higher tension.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The best players use higher tension strings not b/c they are stronger but b/c thier timing is better. Higher tension strings allow for greater control/power if the timing is there. The sweet spot is smaller with higher tension strings. A coach at my club Ardy Wiranata uses strings set at 30 lbs. Also for yonex to maintain the isometric head shape the vertical/horizontal strings have to be 2 lbs apart in tension. This is what i've been told and im just sharing. btw i string my MP 33s at 25, 27 and love it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What raquets allow you to have a better tension? My 3u rackets only give me 20-25

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I string my rackets no lower than 25 lbs.

I have one racket that is at 32 lbs. at the moment

Usually I'll use something in the 26-28 range.

I have a few friends that play regularly with 30.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what racquets you use for having such high tension.... I went nuts even for my MP77 (2U-G4) @ 24 lbs....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by takahira
    what racquets you use for having such high tension.... I went nuts even for my MP77 (2U-G4) @ 24 lbs....
    these are some rackets that have held high tension pretty well for me:

MP100
    MP88
    Oliver kevlar racket
    Armortec 700/800
    Isometric 800

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The problem with stringing at a high tension is, the racquet will change shape.... No?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Neosakai
    The problem with stringing at a high tension is, the racquet will change shape.... No?
    I would say it depends on the racket's quality or durability, and/or how good you or your stringer are at stringing the racket. A good machine with an accurate tensioner helps too.

Poor stringing methods will warp your racket.
    Imitation rackets often are not able to hold high tensions.

For example. My friend bought an Armortec 800 from a US Yonex retailer and strings that racket at 27-28 lbs, and has no problems with warping or anything in that matter. We also tried stringing an Armortec 800 which was bought from the Phillipines (imitation racket) and it has trouble holding more than 23 lbs---It begins to warp.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, i strung my mp88 at around 21-22lbs. Considering u guys using numbers like >25 scares me. The salesperson told me that i shouldn't string it too tight. Is that guy cheating me?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thegodofdeath21
    Well, i strung my mp88 at around 21-22lbs. Considering u guys using numbers like >25 scares me. The salesperson told me that i shouldn't string it too tight. Is that guy cheating me?
    No, he is not cheating you. Believe me when I say, the rate of rackets breaking varies proportionally to higher tensions if the user does not hit the shuttle squarely. I've broken quite a few simply by hitting the frame. A few even by just not hitting the center of the string bed.

Your stringer is also afraid that the racket may break while he is stringing it. Which of course, I think, is natural.

Check out the Progressive Stringing method in the stringing techniques section. Works pretty well for high tensions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thegodofdeath21
    Every model and make of racket has its limits in terms of string tension. In recent times the tension range is printed on the racket itself. Normally you can safely go 2lbs to 4lbs above the recommended maximum if you are willing to chance it. It also depends very much on the stringer. Good stringers can produce a balanced and consistent spread of tension across the face of the racket. Inexperience stringer can create potential weak points and all it takes then is a strike or a clash at the wrong point and the whole racket collapse. Rackets are very delicate tools in this day and age. That means an experience stringer can make a world of a difference to your racket.

The best tension is always the one you are most comfortable with and which suites your own individual style of play. There will never be an universally ideal tension. Don't forget, we are human.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Ns7000

Ok then, what should be the ideal tension for mp88, and ns7000?

Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast