More smash whining xD

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by danimalspark, Apr 10, 2013.

1. danimalspark

danimalspark Regular Member

none
    This has probably been posted a million times but i am gonna ask anyway. HOW DO I CONSISTENTLY HAVE A POWERFUL/ACCURATE SMASH! Somedays my smashes are PERFECT and other days i get maybe 2 decent smashes playing for about 2 hours. How can i be more consistent?

2. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    if the fact is that you can get decent smashes and that it's just sporadic, then it most likely has to do with your timing....and i think the only thing you can do is practice so that your timing can be more consistent. practice practice practice :)

best of luck to you :)

3. delmonk

delmonk Regular Member

software engineer
    The days that your smashes are only decent, try and figure out what caused it. Could it be you were just too slow to get behind and hit the powerful smash?
    What did you eat/drink before you went to play badminton, what did you eat/drink the day or night before?
    I found out that eating bad or too much food before makes my overall court speed slow therefore weaker smash or just less opportunities to do so. Also drinking Alcohol the night before ruins my overall game.
    Did you do some other physical activity before playing badminton? Maybe you have been playing too much and too often and your body needs rest.
    I found my smash was way more powerful if I did not do any physical activity and rested for a week. When I went to lift weights at the gym in the morning then play badminton in the afternoon, people who I was able to one shot kill with my smash were able to keep returning it as I got more and more tired.
    Ending up losing when usually I would have won easily, lesson learned if you want to win don't lift weights or do heavy cardio before badminton.

4. Thompson

Thompson Regular Member

Supervisor Pharmaceutical Industry
    If you are able to perform great smashes but sometimes they just won't happen, the problem probably isn't your smash technique or your smash power, but your footwork/condition.

If you are standing just a little bit to much in front of the shuttle instead of behind the shuttle it can make a really big difference in how your timing/hit is. Feeling slightly weak/unfit or having had a rough day with tired legs can also really affect your smash.

5. NeverWalkAlone

NeverWalkAlone Regular Member

It has to do with your technique. The reason that your smashes are inconsistent is because you are not doing it right. It takes some time to develop a perfect, consistent smashes. Study the videos of professional players and you will get it right eventually.

6. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
  7. NeverWalkAlone

NeverWalkAlone Regular Member