User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 17 of 18
  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    41
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default bg 66um alternatives for an arc 11

    hello all, today i got to play with my new yonex arcsaber 11. i really like the performance of the bg66ums, although this is true i know for a fact they are pretty shocking durability wise. i was just wondering what could be a similar string to the bg66ums but will hold up for alot longer ( cant afford constant restrings as im 15) thank you!

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    821
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    How about BG80P?

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    41
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    yeah, as long as it has a soft feel really, and would suit 22lbs. ive heard that bg80p needs to be strung tighter, i have just been looking at the bg66 maxima and the bg 80 as these seem to suit my requirements

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Danmark
    Posts
    213
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Zymax 65 is the perfect alternative

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    41
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob mm View Post
    Zymax 65 is the perfect alternative
    is this durable though, because when i get a restring it takes a whole week for my racket to get done and its really frustrating, want something that can at least last me 3 maybe 4 months if possible..

  6. #6
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    36,001
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    how long does BG66UM last you?

    ZM65 is a much better string than BG66UM.

  7. #7
    Regular Member visor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    9,720
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    if you're breaking bg66um weekly at a lowly 22 lbs, then that means you need learn to hit the sweetspot more regularly

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    41
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    if you're breaking bg66um weekly at a lowly 22 lbs, then that means you need learn to hit the sweetspot more regularly
    no its not that, i have only just got these strings and my friends have said that they break reguarly. i have only used them for about an hour and they seem pretty good. im just thinking ahead as i hate to miss my racket for a week every few months, ive only started trying out diffrent strings from bg65 s. strings usually last me 4-7 months i guess, i think zm 65 seems to be a good option as my bg66um s seem to be perfect for me. i am also thinking of moving up to 24 lbs as thats the recomendation for my racket, thanks

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    41
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    how long does BG66UM last you?

    ZM65 is a much better string than BG66UM.
    i think i started this thread to soon, i play for about 7 hours+ in a week, have only just got my arc11 with these strings, if they last me a few months i will stay with them, if not i will move to zm 65 as i hear they are very good strings

  10. #10
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    36,001
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    bg66um is good for around 2 weeks. then it starts to feel mushy.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    41
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    bg66um is good for around 2 weeks. then it starts to feel mushy.
    i doubt it will last me very long as if i have tournaments as well as training and club games, it amounts to alot of game time, on average how long is the zm 65 good for? and how does it compare performance wise with the bg66ums, also would you recommend going to 24lbs with my new racket? thanks

  12. #12
    Regular Member diverdan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    508
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Any string of a low gauge won't last long. BG66UM is .65 so won't last long at all at any tension. Maybe you should be looking at a string between .68 and .7? Also any soft string won't hold its tension for long. Have you tried Li-ning NS30 or Victor VS850. At 24lbs I think both strings would be better than BG80 as they don't feel as hard. However you are 15 so have a good opportunity to try different strings over your playing days!! Happy hunting

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    41
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by diverdan View Post
    Any string of a low gauge won't last long. BG66UM is .65 so won't last long at all at any tension. Maybe you should be looking at a string between .68 and .7? Also any soft string won't hold its tension for long. Have you tried Li-ning NS30 or Victor VS850. At 24lbs I think both strings would be better than BG80 as they don't feel as hard. However you are 15 so have a good opportunity to try different strings over your playing days!! Happy hunting
    thanks i have been thinking of perhaps trying zymax 67 or a 67mm string, how would this effect feel compared to my current string? thanks.

  14. #14
    Regular Member visor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    9,720
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Forget about zm67, too mushy compared to bg66um.

    ZM65 and zm62 would be better, the former if you're playing plastics and the latter if you're playing feathers.

  15. #15
    Regular Member visor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    9,720
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Btw, the recommended tension is just a range, that's all. Just means that you shouldn't go above the top if you're worried about warranty purposes in case of breakage.

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    41
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    Btw, the recommended tension is just a range, that's all. Just means that you shouldn't go above the top if you're worried about warranty purposes in case of breakage.
    ok, thats good then think ill try 24lbs then, what are the actual advantages of having a higher tension, i have no idea about all this kind of stuff. i always used to just get my coach to do all this kinda stuff for me but now i believe i have a good technique and can handle these higher tensions. also the arc 11 seems to be composed of strong materials so i would imagine it is cabable of alot higher tension
    Last edited by eyles; 04-13-2013 at 11:03 AM.

  17. #17
    Regular Member diverdan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    508
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eyles View Post
    ok, thats good then think ill try 24lbs then, what are the actual advantages of having a higher tension, i have no idea about all this kind of stuff. i always used to just get my coach to do all this kinda stuff for me but now i believe i have a good technique and can handle these higher tensions. also the arc 11 seems to be composed of strong materials so i would imagine it is cabable of alot higher tension
    There's loads of threads on tension. Try searching.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •