Arcsaber 11 vs Z-slash

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by n0m5ky, Apr 12, 2013.

1. n0m5ky

n0m5ky Regular Member

Hi guys,
    I'm new to this forum but have been enjoying reading the threads in here since the last couple of months.
    Currently, my to-go racket is Arcsaber Z-slash. After reading some threads on Arcsaber 11, I must admit that I'm tempted to try one. I have tried to find a thread on comparison between Arc 11 vs Z-slash, but could not find it. Therefore, I would like to hear from you guys who have experience using both rackets.

Which one do you think is better for doubles? Does Arc 11 require some time to adjust on the timing of the swing like the Z-slash? Is Arc 11's sweetspot bigger than Z-slash's, therefore you will rarely hit the frame or get any mishits?

Your reply would be much appreciated. Thank you.

2. swunk

swunk Regular Member

arc11 will be much easier to handle. the sweetspot is definitely bigger, it's a normal isometric frame. Won't be packig a punch of a smash like z-slash, but in other ways it will definitely be more rewarding

3. n0m5ky

n0m5ky Regular Member

How about the timing of the swing of the Arc 11 compared to Z-slash? Did you need much time to tame the Arc 11?

4. Y[]nex

Y[]nex Regular Member

Arc 11 feels more like an 'average' racket than ZS, ZS has a faster swing speed. If you have used other rackets (borrowed friend's, used spare, etc.) without problems then adjusting to Arc 11 should be fine. Best to demo it if possible.

5. swunk

swunk Regular Member

well i guess that depends, i myself don't usually have to adjust to even-balanced rackets with standard isometric head. Had a number of shots hitting the frame on fresh acquired VT80, but it's pretty solid and head-heavy, rackets like arc7 and arc11 are much faster.

6. Y[]nex

Y[]nex Regular Member

Personally, I don't have trouble with timing in general. I can use a Zforce and switch to a Shiden or Nanoray without problems. Only racket I have trouble with that I've tried is...ZSlash :p But I assume it is easier to go from a smaller head to a bigger head :d. Yes, rackets are subjective but going from a ZS to Arc11 is less of a jump than to VT80. For most, adjusting to a similar(ish) spec racket shouldn't be a problem. At least not for me. Again, best way would be to try one, or a similar one (Arc10)

7. n0m5ky

n0m5ky Regular Member

Thank you for your replies, Y[]nex and swunk. Actually, I have been struggling to get my timing right with the Z-slash. It's been almost a month now since I switched to it, but still got plenty of frame hits. Now I am considering on getting a VTZF, Nanospeed 9900 or even Arc 11.

Is it worth enough to be patient on taming the Z-slash? I assume that you own a Z-slash, do you use it as a first option everytime you go on court?

Why are not the Z-slash used by many professional players like other rackets such as VTZF or VT80, even for doubles?

8. drew tze en

drew tze en Regular Member

I'm an Arcsaber Z-Slash user :)
    I think you could try getting used to the frame for now, it can take a while.
    When I play Singles I usually use my Arcsaber than my Voltric 80 (4U).
    I recently bought an Arcsaber 10, so I'll be trying it out today to see how it feels

9. swunk

swunk Regular Member

VTZF has a smaller head (but not as small as z-slash), i have VTZF 3U and don't play it anymore - a number of frame hits still persists and it's too head-heavy and stiff for me. In terms of heavyness the 4U version of the VTZF is much nicer (friend has one).

10. sychong95

sychong95 Regular Member

Student
    OH HELL YA! I also wanted to start a comparison of Arc Z Slash and Arc 11!

Just to say I short n0m5ky, I used to be an arc Z slasher. Took like 3 month to tame it for me XD But personally, it is defiantly rewarding =] How to say this, if u once master it, i think most shots use really less effort to fire the shuttle like a bullet if u know what i mean :p the control is great and even though it is head heavy, its maneuverability is not bad =]

However, like is u didn't practice for a few weeks just because u might be quite be busy with something else like preparing an upcoming exam or so, the timing problem may comeback or so, but just for a short period of time then XD

So is Z slash my first choice on competition ground?! Yea! But if i like didn't practice for 2 weeks or more, I might consider to use another racket for the time being :p

11. sychong95

sychong95 Regular Member

Student

I think I can answer that. I had been trained by a professorial double player for more than a year before. Taught me double playing skills and tactics. And did play fast long pace doubles for sometime. It is like this. First of all, doubles have of course an average faster pace than singles. Despite the great maneuverability and speed it provides, the sweet spot of the racket is quite small. And in such a quick face paced rally, it is more easier to make mistakes and of course miss hits (not on the sweet point).

Just say I would use a Ti-10 to play against advance double players, and Z slash to play against weaker opponents. :p

12. quixilver

quixilver Regular Member

Just bought a 2U Arc Z-Slash and it suits me the most compared to the other rackets I have including the Arc 11, for the first few games in a session when my stamina and concentration are still in a good shape. For the games afterwards, it is quite difficult for me to keep focus and hitting at the sweet spot so I'd rather switch to Arc 11 or any other rackets instead. Otherwise, too many mishits will spoil the mood and very frustrating. It happens for both single and double games though I play mostly for doubles.

13. zen_smash

zen_smash Regular Member

I think with any racket, you need to adjust. Small head or larger head, you need to focus on what you are hitting. Zslash has a smaller head, it requires precision and rewards with precision.

I use a VTZF ARZS NR800 and VT70 all diff rackets but it forces me to adjust and focus more.

VTZF is a brute i can hit it hard and it will deliver power , NR800 you have have strong wrist and clean fast strokes to get power and its unforgiving when you hit off center. But when you hit it on the sweet spot its a delight to watch the shuttle get pushed fast and to the back and watch people dive to because they did not expect the shuttle to be pushed so far so fast.

Somedays I feel like just smashing in every game (VTZF) and somedays i feel like making people run and playing a very tactical game or placing the shots (NR800) also when facing very fast paced games.

VT70 - when my arms are tired from VTZF and ASZS when i am in top form for an all round game.