New stringing machine!!! Need advice

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by Brale90, Apr 12, 2013.

1. Brale90

Brale90 Regular Member

Student
    Hi all! :cool:

Im playing with the thought to get a new stringing machine. At the moment I string my rackets with a pros pro pilot.

So I got 2 offers:

First: The Wise 2086 to expand my pro pros pilot. The shop man said that there were lot of problems with the Wise.
    Another thing is that there will be a new and better version of the Wise 2086 soon.
    So i dont know if i should wait. Is the machine really improving??

Price: 600€

Second: I think its a Siboasi SS-902
    http://www.siboasi-sales.com/racket-stringing-machines/60-ss-902-stringing-machine-tennis-.html

heres the ebay link.
    EBAY
    850€
    No pre-stretch and no self-calibration.
    Sellers said that the machine would be better than pros pro+ wise.

Yeah would like to get some information/ input / advice / help from you :)

No hurry.. i visit gym now :cool:

Thank you!
    Brale

2. vienly

vienly Regular Member

Networking
    How is this machine better than the wise if it doesn't have pre-stretch feature which is almost essential?
    And what problems is he referring to for the Wise?

3. Densha

Densha Regular Member

Student
    Hi I'm pretty happy with my WISE 2086+ Pro's Pro Pilot combo.
    I think you could get better that PPP, but if you already own it, just upgrade with WISE.

You should know that the pro's pro pilot does not fit with the WISE, even with the regular adapter.
    The thing is the bar of the PPP is too thin for the bracket.

4. Brale90

Brale90 Regular Member

Student
    @vienly : He said 8 / 10 got send back. Think he said something about a braze point / solder joint.
    @Densha : So how to fix the problem with the bracket?

@all:
    -Experience with the Siboasi???

-Some pepole complain that the gripper of the Wise is to rough and "does leave quite a noticeable imprint on the strings". True? I really want durable string jobs!

-Whats about the new Wise 2086A?

-I just checked http://www.watdon.co.uk/ . Its a trustworthy seller / shop. Isnt it?
    Whats about the premium stringer 3600 E. better quality than the pro pros pilot + wise?

#4 Brale90, Apr 12, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2013
  5. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Can't say I've had any bad experience with the WISE. Doesn't grip the string roughly or have any other problems.
    Can't say too much about the Pro's Pro, but the Premium Stringer 3600 doesn't strike me as a high-quality machine. You'd definitely need new clamps, and the overall machine quality is only so-so.
    Better investment (without getting a high-quality => pricy machine) would be new clamps, new side support (Michal Chudek's are great) and the WISE. Great thing with the WISE is that it's a really good motor which you can still use if you upgrade - you can just get a high-quality crank machine (Prince, Gamma) and just put your WISE on it.

I've been using the WISE for a while now and it was a great addition to my machine. Great accuracy, sufficient speed.

6. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

The Siboasi has a lot of parts on common with the PP Pilot - mounting system, rails and clamp bases. IMO, you'd be paying for the looks.

Since you've already got a Pilot, you wouldn't be getting anything new if you got the Sib, so I'd just get the WISE - it has more functionality than a lot of dedicated ECP machines. Indeed, the only thing it lacks is a KNOT key.

My own WISE was an ex-demo from W&D (they are cast-iron trustworthy) and have never put a foot wrong. Just need the odd dot of oil on the gripper rollers.

7. vienly

vienly Regular Member

Networking
    8/10 sounds a bit bs to me... so if they sold 1000 units, 800 of them has been returned? okayyy....

8. Densha

Densha Regular Member

Student
    you may contact robin from watdon so they can make a new bracket, they already do it for about ~30 pounds. It takes 1 week to make it and a few days to ship it, it depends where you re from.

9. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    let's see.

does that shop have the WISE in stock? do they have the Siboasi in stock? ;)

10. Brale90

Brale90 Regular Member

Student
    @kwun
    On friday they had both in stock. The seller recommend the siboasi and talk the Wise down ;D
    I will contact w&d on monday.
    Other shops dont have the wise in stock... they get the new ones in 4 to 6 weeks...

@vienly : Thats what he said :)

@Densha : Thanks. Will think about that... maybe 1 order with wise+ new bracket

So...I think i will go wise+pro pros pilot or with the premium stringer 3600E. I will ask W&D for some information about the new Wise 2086. Dont want to wait for an "tension pull range" upgrade.

Hope i can convince the clubowner - he will pay the machine - of buying in the uk :>

Thank you :)