Are badminton shoes wider in the front?

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by snipez, Apr 13, 2013.

1. snipez

snipez Regular Member

Government
    I just got my Yonex SHB 102 off eBay. These are my first ever badminton shoes. To me it seems there is way to much space in the front of the shoe in regards to the side, front and even the top if that makes sense. The middle and back fit snug. Are they designed this way? I was expecting a fairly tight shoe but I've never owned actual badminton shoes so I don't know. I don't have wide feet and the shoes are MEDIUM width.

And it seems there are a little big. I know I take a 11.5US. How many inches or space should there be between my big toe and the end of the shoe? Maybe I'm just worrying about nothing. They do fit pretty good, it's just the front seems diffrent. But as I said I've never had badminton shoes so I don't know if they are designed that way or not.

I don't think they are fake as I bought them off a pretty big badminton seller on eBay.

#1 snipez, Apr 13, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2013
  2. snipez

snipez Regular Member

Government
    Can't edit first post.

Ok, I feel stupid now. I haven't measured my feet for years. And I'm getting 11 inches. Which equals 27.94cm. It seems that might be my problem. According to the Yonex size chart I should have a 10.5 maybe even an 11. Now I know why there is so much space in front. :(

4e150db9e6738.jpg

#2 snipez, Apr 13, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2013
  3. !¿Clue?!

!¿Clue?! Regular Member

Your pair of running shoes should be the same size as your badminton shoes...that's my general guideline when ordering online. Done it twice both with Victor/Yonex..though it's risky, it fit perfectly.

4. redzahmd

redzahmd Regular Member

student
    Its hard to order on9 because some of the size are not same as we always use and buy from shop.

5. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    never order shoes online.

i have tried shoes in shop before and even the same model there are noticable variation between shoes the same size.

fitting is essential for buying shoes, a single size number cannot possibly encapsulate the shape and variation of feet and shoe fit.