User Tag List

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Justherelay View Post
    Perhaps it's a test to see how long they last....
    In which case, it's a fail.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He plays more badminton in a week than I play in a year, so it might be a good idea to cut them some slack re the state of this shoes.

Me personally? I would've photoshopped those shoes, big time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Finally got my Adipower duoforce racket, stringed it with adipower hybrid string at 24lbs.

First of all, it looks beautiful with it white and brown theme. However paint finishing is lacking in comparison to yonex recent rackets, FYI adidas rackets are manufactured in china entirely, on the frame it says engineered in Japan but on the shaft it is indicated that the racket is manufactured in China.

Secondly although the shaft is indicated as stiff in the catalogue, it feels more flexible as compare to my old VT80, can feel some vibration while playing but still manageable. Ok onto the playing part, clears were done effortlessly, net play was also flawless due to it being even headed. Maneuverability were also effortless despite it being 89grams racket what surprises me was the smash, I seem to be able to hit the smash harder than my VT80. Overall I am very happy with this racket, an all rounder racket that should suit most people. As what kwun has said I got a feeling this will be my favorite racket for the near future.

I also would like to say that I have found my favorite badminton string, the adipower hybrid. The repulsion and power generate is a surprise, control is excellent too, I prefer it over Ultimax,bg80 power and bg68 ti. As for durability I cant judge yet as I have only used it for a 2hour session will monitor over the next month see how long it last.

Next up is the adizero pro, will get it strung tomorrow and see if I can test it out over the next week.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jasyu View Post
    Finally got my Adipower duoforce racket, stringed it with adipower hybrid string at 24lbs.

First of all, it looks beautiful with it white and brown theme. However paint finishing is lacking in comparison to yonex recent rackets, FYI adidas rackets are manufactured in china entirely, on the frame it says engineered in Japan but on the shaft it is indicated that the racket is manufactured in China.

Secondly although the shaft is indicated as stiff in the catalogue, it feels more flexible as compare to my old VT80, can feel some vibration while playing but still manageable. Ok onto the playing part, clears were done effortlessly, net play was also flawless due to it being even headed. Maneuverability were also effortless despite it being 89grams racket what surprises me was the smash, I seem to be able to hit the smash harder than my VT80. Overall I am very happy with this racket, an all rounder racket that should suit most people. As what kwun has said I got a feeling this will be my favorite racket for the near future.

I also would like to say that I have found my favorite badminton string, the adipower hybrid. The repulsion and power generate is a surprise, control is excellent too, I prefer it over Ultimax,bg80 power and bg68 ti. As for durability I cant judge yet as I have only used it for a 2hour session will monitor over the next month see how long it last.

Next up is the adizero pro, will get it strung tomorrow and see if I can test it out over the next week.
    uh-ooh! envy! envy!
    How'd you get it dude?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vicnard12 View Post
    uh-ooh! envy! envy!
    How'd you get it dude?
    Got my sister to get it from me as she went to korea for a trip

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lucky you dude.. whew~ its gonna be a long wait for us here..
    have fun with the racket..

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yonex racket has always been designed to be over-dampened. which is a property that i don't like. my eyes was opened once i tried Victor racket which are less dampened and gave me more feel. Adidas rackets are the same.

i agree with the stiffness and the effortlessness. the shuttlecock explodes off the string bed.

and agree with the Power Hybrid string. it is one of the most powerful string i have used. something about it makes heavy shot feels right.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any set dates for the strings?

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    kwun, for reference, what's the specs of your review copy?
    weight: 87g
    balance: 287 mm
    head weight: 36.5g

which is kinda surprising coz it is on the lower end of the scale for my spec preference. normally i wouldn't be able to get much power out of it but not for the adipower duoforce.

ps. yes. i cut the string to put something new on it. (and to get the numbers for you. )

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

cut the very well loved Ashaway ZM65 off the Adipower Duoforce to put in the Adidas Power Balance 69. On machine it feels kinda like BG80. 0.69mm, well texture, medium stiff.

I had it strung at 23/25.3lbs and will test it out today. hopefully Adidas will surprise me again but i am not giving it much hope as it is supposed to be a balanced string that sits bang in the middle of Adidas string chart. we will see how it goes. if it is indeed for completely balance play than there is nothing exciting and i will put in some other interesting string.

stringing video is processing. did just over 18mins for this one, as the string has a good body and smooth to the pull. very easy to string

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

What color for the grip?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A light colour. Think white would compliment best without affecting its colour scheme.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ok. white it is.

off to the gym now.
    Name:  DSC00317.jpg
Views: 1559
Size:  39.3 KB

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how much did she pay for it? can't seem to find it it korean online stores yet.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    weight: 87g
    balance: 287 mm
    head weight: 36.5g

which is kinda surprising coz it is on the lower end of the scale for my spec preference. normally i wouldn't be able to get much power out of it but not for the adipower duoforce.

ps. yes. i cut the string to put something new on it. (and to get the numbers for you. )
    Interestingly, spec is the same as a 4U BS12.

Too headlight for me, however (current racket is 89g / 304mm). Why is it do you think that you can generate decent power compared to other rackets of the same or similar spec?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    ok. white it is.

off to the gym now.
    Name:  DSC00317.jpg
Views: 1559
Size:  39.3 KB
    Which grip are you using?

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt_Strider View Post
    Which grip are you using?
    RKEP.

the white isn't that good. today was hot and sweaty day, and the tackiness isn't too great. but then at the same time, there aren't that many good white and tacky grips around either.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast