Victor Meteor Vs Yonex Voltric

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by omg2321, Apr 15, 2013.

1. omg2321

omg2321 Regular Member

Which one is better in terms of speed, smash power, price, durability, and weight?

2. Justheretoplay

Justheretoplay Regular Member

Student
    Depends which rackets you're comparing, but in general it's something like this....

Speed: Meteor (due to octablade frame) but there isn't that significant of a difference.
    Smash Power: Voltric, but depends which model of voltric,80 and Z-force should have harder smash than the Meteors.
    Price: Victor rackets have better value for their rackets as YY rackets are somewhat overpriced.
    Durability: Depends how hard u clash the racket :p, both series have relatively strong frames.
    Weight: What do you define as better weight? More weight can equate into more power, but at the same time it's more physically demanding. Weight distribution wise, Voltrics are more head-heavy than the Meteors.

3. omg2321

omg2321 Regular Member

how bout comparing victor mx london and vt 80/vtzf

4. Justheretoplay

Student
    Then my above post should be pretty accurate in the comparison. Weight wise, the VT80 and VTZF are definitely heavier in the head which will cause the racket to be slower when defending but has more power in the smash. Price wise, since you are going for the london, it will be similar, if not more than the VT80 and VTZF.

5. DannyYan

DannyYan Regular Member

Human
    it all depends on how strong ur arm and wrist are...
    like for me...i had a mx jjs and meteor london and also both vt80(ltd) and vtzf...i prefer vt80ltd instead of the zforce or meteor if i were to play a faster but more stable game ,and even though the voltrics are head-heavy,their maneuverability is still good (my experience),as long as ur styles are correct,the shuttle will just go beautifully.... i sold both mxlondon and mxjjs in the end as i cant find the hard solid feeling in the meteor series as offered by the vt80ltd...

speed : meteor >zforce>vt80 (IMO depends on the strength of your hand)
    (to me) : i will rate this way zforce>meteor>vt80
    power : zforce>vt80ltd>meteor
    (to me) : no doubt.
    manueverability : yonex>victor(imo)

comparisons made involved only 3u weight racket... a change to 4u will have a different review...^.*

6. Stephanus

Stephanus Regular Member

Hard worker
    Hi Danny,

I have VT80 and MX60, both are 4U. I found MX60 a tad less stiff than VT80 and more manueverable than VT80. Clearing is also easier. VT80 is more powerful for smashing.

I am considering MX JJS 4U. How did you find the JJS's stiffness? Is it too stiff and harder to generate power than VT80? I am worried that MX JJS will hurt my shoulder/wrist. BTW, I play MD. Thanks.

7. DannyYan

DannyYan Regular Member

Human
    to me the mx60 is quite flexy and a flexy racket is supposed to be easier for clearing ,defense BUT NOT SMASHING or making drive unless u been using the racket for years and u know it very well...its not stable...i sold y tk8000 because it is too flexy compared to my vt80ltd and i smashed wayyy better using the vt80ltd than the tk8000.... mx jjs is a good racket....not too stiff..i had a 3u last time and it served me quite well...4u shud be no problem...u had a vt80 4u ,u shud stick with it if u r worried that the jjs might hurt ur arm...the only racket that hurt my arm is a 3u zforce playing doubles....

jjs is way more forgiving than the mx80 HOWEVER it still demand for a particularly strong arm/wrist player to fully utilise the power in it....like i said...if u r a wrist player....a jjs will serve u quite well....drops are accurate and the smashing(4u i m not really sure but the 3u i had provide quite solid feeling)....hope this helps...
    *sorry cant really type a lot cause i m stil working right now..xD....

8. Stephanus

Stephanus Regular Member

Hard worker
    Same here:D . Thanks.

9. quixilver

quixilver Regular Member

I choose MX-London for most of the games. In fact, my VTZF has been sleeping inside its cover for don't know how long. I know a lot of people out there swear by the smashing power they can produce using their VTZF but it just doesn't work for me. I think the shaft stiffness that makes me unable to maximize the power out of it, probably my arm is not strong enough.

OTOH, the MX-London is superb. It feels rock solid everytime I hit the shuttle, the frame is very stable and the shaft stiffness is just right to swiftly sends the feedback for more controlled shots. The balance point is placed towards the frame but not as much as VTZF, it adds some extra weight to gain more power without having a drawback of being sluggish on fast shuttle returns, thanks to the OctaBlade frame for compensating.

Another thing which is very obvious is the paint job quality, I believe MX-London has one of the best finishing quality among all the rackets in the current market. The graphics and colors are painted at the highest detail so everyone can feel the sense of the "expensive item" by just looking at it, while VTZF is far away behind with the stickers laid on all over the places and they can be easily scratched or peeled off when the shuttle hits the frame. Yonex supposed to be doing something better for the VTZF on this department by the fact that it is one of their top-range model.

#9 quixilver, Apr 18, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2013
  10. DannyYan

DannyYan Regular Member

Human
    people probably wont take zforce to compete its colour with other racket because it's brother vt80 did! haha...but i cant deny the sticker job on yonex still got a long way to go..
    and for the choosing part..it all depends on our hand...some rackets worked for some people and some does not... so this things after all..you need to be hardworking and patient enuf to try out every rackets then u know which rackets serve u better...there's no standard in deciding this matter isnt it? =)

11. Gunnersfan

Gunnersfan Regular Member

Student
    well, i think i agree with you except for the price....
    in my country, victor and yonex are sold at the same price for their respective flagship racket....

12. Justheretoplay

Student
    In Vancouver here, flagship Victor rackets are around $200, while Yonex ones are at $240