User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Malaysia men double back up pair

Compare to indonesia, china, korea even japan , our md back up pair is the lousiest, , so which is the best pair that can support hoon/tan and goh/tan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Had watched the qf match between lkw & oyh against sbc & ksh. Was bitterly disappointed with lkw even though they almost stole the match at the end. Lkw would never go far with any partners as long as he doesn't improve his service. Ow looked fed up with his poor serves especially at the crucial stage. Lim just doesn't seem to be able to hold his nerves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

source from The Star:

http://www.thestar.com.my/Sport/Badm...-Malaysia-now/

KUCHING: Malaysia have always had one strong men’s doubles pair.

Sadly, former veteran doubles shuttler Choong Tan Fook does not see a prominent pair dominating in Malaysia now.

He hopes that Malaysia’s doubles department will work on having at least one reliable men’s doubles pair to consistently produce results for the nation.

Currently, only the partnerships of Goh V Shem-Tan Wee Kiong, V Shem-Lim Khim Wah and Tan Boon Heong-Hoon Thien How have had their fair share of glory.

But Malaysian Open champions V Shem-Khim Wah are no longer a pair while the other two pairs have their ups and downs.

Reigning Commonwealth Games champions V Shem-Wee Kiong and Boon Heong-Thien How will be seeking to get off to a good start when they swing into action in the Malaysian Open Grand Prix Gold here.

Tan Fook together with Lee Wan Wah were the country’s top pair in the mid-90s.

“Before Wan Wah and I, it was Cheah Soon Kit-Yap Kim Hock. After we quit in 2012, Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong took over. Now, I do not see any one pair up there,” said Tan Fook.

He, however, empathised with 2014 Commonwealth Games champions V Shem-Wee Kiong, who have only played together for six months.

“When people ask me who are the new doubles stars in Malaysia, I cannot give them a straight answer. Perhaps some of the youngsters need more time. I hope to see our players do better than the former stars like me,” said Tan Fook.

Tan Fook, who left Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) five years ago, is currently a sparring coach for the Hong Kong’s doubles department under chief coach Chen Kang.

He was a sparring coach in Guangzhou for one and half years before joining Hong Kong. He is here with the Hong Kong team.

“Hong Kong do not have a strong men’s doubles pair although we do have many players. Our women’s doubles and mixed doubles are quite good,” said Tan Fook, who is married to former Olympic champion Zhang Jiewen of China. The couple has a three-year-old
    sad but true...