Missing score sheets for a league

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by toomanyracquets, Apr 17, 2013.

1. toomanyracquets

toomanyracquets Regular Member

Logistics for Caterpillar
    What's your opinion?
    I am match secretary of my league and we are three score sheets missing.

What scenario should we go with? The scores are tight between three teams involved

a, we could go with guessed scores.

b, the home team that didn't provide the sheet must concede all points.

c, equal split of points,

D, average points per game for all other matches plplayed

e, scrub all the matches with no score sheets and count what points have actually been submitted.

any other suggestions greatly appappreciated and no there isn't time to have a battle royale....

2. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Normally b.) (in a high level league) but you may not want to be a rules nazi and go with a.) if both parties agree on the guessed scores and the risk of it affecting the final league table is negligible ...

3. Line & Length

Line & Length Regular Member

I do sympathize. My team is waiting for its last result to go into the league table and it is the difference between safety and relegation.

Firstly, can you get the participants to agree what the score was, albeit approximate? If they can agree amongst themselves in a timely manner, then that's the result you can go with. If they can't agree (or there's not enough time), it's a walkover against whoever is responsible for sending in the match-card(s). It's harsh, but all of your other options could result in teams 'forgetting' to hand in cards when it suits them in future.

Secondly, why are you missing match-cards? If there are mitigating circumstances (UK postal 'service' springs to mind), then cut whoever should have sent them in some slack. However, if it's becoming a recurring thing, then you may wish to consider placing an additional fine.

Finally, one thing the Worcester league have introduced is the ability to scan and e-mail match-cards, alongside the usual post. This is quicker & the home team still has the match-card in the case of a dispute.

Good luck and let us know what happens.

4. phili

phili Regular Member

I don't know how you work in UK but here in Germany we have the score sheets in triplicate (one for every team, one for the league administration) plus the home team has to enter the scores online within 2 days after the match. Works pretty well imo.