Badminton Warehouse Review The badminton online website.

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by gerald1994, Apr 19, 2013.

1. gerald1994

gerald1994 Regular Member

Student
    Well I've been searching online a while now and yet am unable to find an Thread title on this. After an hour so of surfing, i managed to find comments that talk about badminton warehouse.

So I'd thought I might make a a title to help get this thread to help people search for a review on this site all in one thread! Just a summary of the reviews I've read

At the moment the two reviews I found was bad, first was that the person bought he's racket from there that broke in 3 hours and did not receive any form of customer support.

Another is that he checked with Yonex USA and that the site is not an authorized dealer of Yonex (Risk of fake products).

And my personal experience is sadly, not very good as well, because I tried contacting them to find out more about their affiliate system, however there was no reply from them after more than a month. This shows a lack of administrative efforts and to me is a strong sign that they may not be serious business partners I'd hope to work with.

So far if anyone have any good or bad reviews regarding this site only PLEASE share them here! Thank you guys! ~PEACE

2. kaki!

kaki! Regular Member

3. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    Bw seems to be in the gray market business as I also been told they are Not authorized Victor retailer either.

4. dennG

dennG New Member

Writer
    Hey.. why you need any "affiliate system" to buy a rackets.? You can submit you order by website itself.
    As per my experience its legitimate site since from 15 years in Badminton Industry. And as they mentioned clearly on their site "Badminton Warehouse is an authorized distributor of Yonex USA for badminton rackets, shuttlecocks, nets and other accessories.”

Did you really tried hard to contact them by all possible means?

1 "Contact us "
    2 telephone no
    3 customer services

I am really surprised If they have not replied to any of this with you.

As per my knowledge they seems to be very much genuine in business and are provider of top notch badminton products and equipment would highly recommend you to contact them
    and please stop commenting If you don’t have right information

5. und34dcow

und34dcow New Member

I would be careful about buying from www.shopbadmintononline.com Customer service is really nice for "potential customers", but after that they are not helpful at all. They even made it clear for me that they are not going to waste time to solve my problem with returning an item. Had to go through dispute with my credit card company.

6. Trinhity

Trinhity Regular Member

Did you buy an item from them? What was wrong with the item? Perhaps you can share with us some details of what you purchased and what happened resulting in you having to return the item?

7. und34dcow

und34dcow New Member

Nothing was wrong with the item. Had to return since the shoe didn't fit. Actually ordered another pair cos I needed them sooner and went through return process (or lack of it). No RMA system and their instruction for returning from US is a joke. Therefore, the package got taxed at the customs.

I called CBSA and they told me marking a package as "return goods" is not clear. If it had a RMA number, it would went through with no issues. However, the merchant could still help me out and clear the duty tax since they have a proof that they sold me the item and the same item is returned to them.

When I called customer service about it, they were rude and told me they can't do anything (straight lie), it's my fault and I should clear it with someone, they don't even know whom.They didn't want to go through a little inconvenience to solve my problem, so now they will have a bigger one with a credit card dispute. Idiots...

Still, it's a good/original product. Watch out since the shoes chart is wrong. Their 260mm is actually 2-3mm longer then Yonex 265mm size. Actually, if not for this chart made by someone incompetent, I wouldn't have had to return the shoes in the first place. A store run by morons, buy Li-Ning stuff somewhere else.

8. Trinhity

Trinhity Regular Member

I've returned items before as well as purchased items without any issues. I have some friends who have shopped there as well and are quite happy with the service. The shoes are a half size smaller and are marked on the "CM" of the tongue of the shoe. I use to wear a 9.5 US for Yonex but I'm a 10 US for Li-Ning. I've gone through 4 pairs of shoes so far with Li-Ning shoes without any problems.

9. und34dcow

und34dcow New Member

You're in Canada so it's easier for you to return items. They put instructions for return form US when they clearly don't know how the Canada customs works. When I mention that to them, they say it's not their problem that my package got duty taxed. Basically just told me to fck off with: "It's possible to return items from US".

They clearly had this problem before, but somehow failed to get proper information from CBSA and give it to next customers.

I'm not commenting on quality of Li-ning product. They are mostly very good. I was only tired of arguing with the dumb customer service.
    However, don't put up a chart that is not entirely correct. Yonex shoes are not all equal (though they should be). The Yonex shoes I'm using right now is 8.5 US which is exactly as the 8.5 Li-ning I purchased.

The only reliable measurement should be the length eg. 260mm. Somehow all the companies use different rulers and I've seen 260mm shoes that are 3 different sizes. It's inconceivable why all companies can't agree on 1 measurement system...

10. Trinhity

Trinhity Regular Member

"REPAIR or RETURN"

This is what I found in the return document when I wanted to return an item for exchange or warranty: **** VERY IMPORTANT – PLEASE READ CAREFULLY ****When completing the shipping documents to return products for exchange, return, repair or warranty you must specify that the purpose of the shipment to us is for REPAIR or RETURN with no customs or transactional value otherwise the shipment will be subject to unnecessary brokerage fees, duties, customs and taxes which are the responsibility of the shipper (you). It is not viable or possible for us to accept shipments for exchange, return, repair or warranty where the shipping charges and all other charges (if the shipment is not prepared correctly) are not prepaid by the shipper.

11. und34dcow

und34dcow New Member

Yeah I know, I got the same instruction which ARE INCORRECT.

I talked and email Border Services and this is feedback I got:

The border services officer (BSO) examining the package must have sufficient documentation to understand that these are goods purchased from a Canadian company and being returned to vendor. This is reviewed on a case by case basis.

While it is unfortunate you were unclear of the vendor’s return policy and procedures, it is ultimately the responsibility of the importer of record to ensure that they have met all customs requirement. In the future if you have any other concerns please call the Border Information Service (BIS).

They said that a RMA number or copy of invoice is a best proof to provide with customs form.

shopbadmintononline.com instructions are bullsht and they're not willing to put any effort to help me resolve the issue. Border Services said the company could accept the tax charges then fill out a form and get it refunded. Just provide the proof that goods originated from their store.

However, the customer services prefer to blame me for not correctly returning the item. So now they can deal with credit card company. I have no patience for morons.

12. rikimaru915

rikimaru915 Regular Member

I purchase a few items from badminton warehouse back in 2008 and a few from last year, they are genuine, shipping time might take abit long, but your item will come.

13. rikimaru915

rikimaru915 Regular Member

its 2015, i brought from them, got shoe and racket, they are genuine, shipping does take some time, just be patience. I never had any problem with badminton warehouse.