Looking for an upgrade? Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Exploit, Apr 19, 2013.

1. Exploit

Exploit New Member

Hi everyone, I've been playing badminton with my first racket I ever bought, MusclePower 22 and have come to be very comfortable using it, and love it. Its a nicely built racket and durable as well. The thing is, its nearly 6/7 years old now and I'm looking for an upgrade.
    I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions? :confused:
    (The MusclePower 99 caught my eye at some point)
    I like to play fairly offensively, a little more defensively. And preferably I play doubles. :)

2. SolsticeOfLight

SolsticeOfLight Regular Member

Well, everybody's going to suggest different rackets :p So perhaps it'd be handy to post a price range, if you're interested in only one brand, whether there was something you felt was missing from your current racket, etc.

3. Exploit

Exploit New Member

Oh I knew I forgot something haha
    But currently I'm willing to spend up to $300, any brand is good by me, though I've only used a Yonex so I'm not too familiar with the Li Ning, Victor, BK, etc. rackets.
    I can't really say what was missing, its just a thing where I feel like I need something new. But if I HAD to point out something, I would say control was missing.

4. decoy

decoy Regular Member

Probably look at the yonex arcsaber line, similar balance to muscle power I think and they're designated as control.

5. Elisha

Elisha Regular Member

If you are in the GTA area, check out Yo's Badminton. He's got a FB page and by far the best prices and stringing. Lee's Badminton would be the next most inexpensive choice however free stringing options are limited to lower end strings. MJStrings, Max Sport and Canuckbadminton are pretty good too!
    Browns Sports as well.

6. Barca

Barca Regular Member

MP99 has been discontinued many years ago. Possibility of finding in store is extremely low. But you could still find it in the buy/sell thread.

Try out the Arcsaber or Nanospeed for something even balanced and head light. If you prefer an attacking racket, go for Armortec series or Voltric series.

7. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    what would u want the new racket to do that the mp22 isn't doing?