User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Badminton Racket Recommendations?

So I'm a 16 year old badminton intermediate player doubles player. I'm currently using the RSL Diamond X2 AP green racket. I am not much of a power player but I want a racket that can help make up for it while still maintaining good control. My current racket feel heavy and doesn't generate as much power but it has good control. I only play doubles (usually I am at the front but when I'm at the back I don't have enough power to end rally's). Price is not a concern for me at this point. Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When pro 25 year olds struggle to end rallies from the back of the court, it's unlikely that any racket is going to give a 16 yr old the power to do so (at least against similar-level opponents). Furthermore, rackets always have to compromise between power and touch; if you're nearly always at the front, you won't want to maximise the 5% of your game at the back by sacrificing 95% of your game at the front.

I suggest you try to find a racket that maximises your game, instead of searching for a racket that will change your game.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi there,

Firstly you must understand that there is NO racket that will give you the quality of "power" in any of your hits because it's your sufficient understanding about the application of the right technique of play and the correct application of such understanding in all your hits that will you give that desire "power". In summary, without the proper application of the right technique in any of your hits, you wont able to unload a satisfactory quality in any of your hits i.e unsatisfactory power. Knowing this fact, if your current racket has not able to produce that satisfactory quality of power in any of your hits, its highly recommended that you need to brush again your playing technique via regular practice.

How true is the above factor, the next question will be is there any significant role that your racket has in regards with the quality in any of your hits ?. There is a significant role ONLY if you fully understand the depth of your playing preferences, technique and physical requirements as a player and if this information match ideally with the racket physical specifications, such mutual matching will ensure your racket will facilitate you in producing a higher chances of a solid contact thus satisfactory quality of hits.

You did mention that you're not the type of a power player (i assume not an offensive type of player) but still desire to produce that satisfactory power in your attacking at the same time able to play with good control. You said that your current racket is heavy as well. IMHO, for your such style of play, using a heavy racket (racket weight 3U, 2U ) as well a head heavy racket frame will be a bad idea as it will definitely require you to produce more energy in your swings which you're unlikely has. Such heavy specification as well will significantly be more less maneuverable for you thus producing a far poorer control in any of your swings. A more lighter racket, a 4U prefabably together with an even balance head weight will be a nice starting experiment for you. Such lighter racket weight and even racket head weight will give you more feeling authority in your swings thus better control. This head weight specification as well will give less burden in your swing weight since the weight of a racket head of an even balance is far lighter than a head heavy. You must also make sure that that racket comes with a mid stiff shaft as this type of stiffness specification most probably could match proportionally with your style of swinging speed thus giving a higher chances of a solid contact.

As mention earlier, it is most importantly that you must first understand yourself as a player and improve your technique regularly since by combining this fact with the ideal racket specification for you, that racket will facilitate you in producing those desire quality in any of your hits even if it's not an expensive racket.

SS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Try some medium flex rackets such as Nanospeed 7700, Arc7, VT60. Make sure to try before you buy, no matter what you end up buying.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Taking into consideration what you guys have posted above, I understand that I must improve my game in order to gain power. And although, I'm a control player, I do want to start using more power. I know changing just rackets will not help me but I still would like to try different rackets and see if they work better for me. With that in mind, I was thinking of the 4U Voltric 70, which seems like a good powerful racket while still being light enough for defense. What do you think?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

try it first before buying it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3u would be better for generating power, but you should try out different weights and see what you can handle.