User Tag List

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lee's Badminton in Markham may let you demo before you buy if they have a pre-strung one.
    Have you tried asking your club members if you can test theirs?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lee's only has the mx80, bs lyd and x jjs. since the mx80 is ruled out, do you think the other two are potential winners here? If not, I think I will settle with mx60.

On string tension, do you think 24lbs would be okay to jump up to?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They have the Vt-80 and other Yonex there. But not sure if any of those are pre-strung.
    I was there 3 weeks ago and they had quite a good selection in the Markham store compared to the Mississauga one!

Tension is a different story which I can't answer for your. Slacker tension gives you more power whereas tighter tension more control. Plus it depends on feather vs nylon.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

their vt80 is $220 I live pretty far from Markham so I was hoping to just go to the Mississauga one

If it comes down to it, I'll just have to order online.
    Recommend any stores? I know of mybadminstore but I'm just worried there would be extra fees because it's crossing the border. There's also badmintonshoponline and they give you the option of marking the package as a gift so I guess they don't charge duty on it

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most are in the Markham, Scarborough area.
    Yo's, MJStrings, CanuckBadminton, MaxSports, BrownsSports, Winning Badminton and so on.
    And yes Lee's in pretty pricey for Yonex. But their prices are taxes in and strung with basic BG65 I believe.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I notice that you're also on Paul's forum and it seems you love the tk8000
    mind if I ask your style of play?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KeirTuS View Post
    I notice that you're also on Paul's forum and it seems you love the tk8000
    mind if I ask your style of play?
    Lol that's for a better player or coach to observe and tell me! I would like to say I'm and all-rounder but that would be wishful thinking.
    I prefer singles though but because of court and club situation, 80-90% of what I play ends up being doubles.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah okay, mind if I ask what club you play at?
    Anyway back to the rackets haha :P I think I'm gonna narrow it down to VT80, MX60 and the TK8000. Hopefully some more people will provide some input

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you are primarily doubles, the BS12 is supposed to be an amazing racquet as well. Under $200 @ MJStrings.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I read about the BS12 just now and I'm falling for it. Especially since it's pretty cheap already. Gonna try and find a used one :3

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BS9 is supposed to be similar. You could probably score one of those cheap used and then if you really like it you can splurge and buy the BS12.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j4ckie View Post
    That statement is not entirely correct. Victor's scale is just as inaccurate as Yonex'
    There are a whole lot of rackets classified 4/5 on the Victor scale, some of them are stiffer than some stiff Yonex rackets, some aren't. Personally I don't think the VT80 and TK8000 can actually be that close to each other in stiffness, I've seen Ko bend it....and not on a smash, but when he dove for a shot and hit the ground with his hand. The racket bent like crazy - that's not stiff!
    Having played with the VT80 occasionally, it's deserving of the 'stiff' (or a 4/5). Of course there's the occasional mis-labeled racket (Z-Slash, for example), but generally I agree with pretty much all categorizations, be it Yonex, Victor, Li Ning...

Of course head heavier rackets have the weight concentrated in the head. That's why they're called head heavy
    just about to correct elisha's statement on the stiffness he claimed and then i saw your post,thumbs up bro! and yeah vt80ltd is way stiffer then the tk8000 because its more to repulsion shaft on the vt80ltd.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DannyYan View Post
    just about to correct elisha's statement on the stiffness he claimed and then i saw your post,thumbs up bro! and yeah vt80ltd is way stiffer then the tk8000 because its more to repulsion shaft on the vt80ltd.
    Lol I can only tell you based on my experience currently owning both. The head on the TK8000 may have more flex due to the grooves for the catapult technology but the shaft is the same stiffness for me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what about the bs lyd? I can't seem to find any direct comparisons between bs12 and the bs lyd

I'm having a hard time finding a bs12 for sale here

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LYD is stiffer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elisha View Post
    Lol I can only tell you based on my experience currently owning both. The head on the TK8000 may have more flex due to the grooves for the catapult technology but the shaft is the same stiffness for me.
    same,i had both the tk8000 and vt80 and also vt80 ltd...i have play with the tk8000 strung with nbg98 at 28lbs and the racket felt too flexy for me.no being offensive but...the vt80ltd has a stiffer shaft =)

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like a fast medium to light balance for double. Now Im using Ashaway Atomic hex 7 and Xw1000

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast