User Tag List

Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Newington
    Posts
    4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Shuttlecock (Newbie)

    Hi everyone,

    My friend & I play badminton in my backyard for about an hour daily, just because we find it fun. We don't really compete against each other our goal is just to keep it in air as long as possible (we don't even use a net XD, but I'll get one later).

    So my question is, what's a cheap plastic shuttlecock brand I should be looking to buy?
    The ones I currently have are from sportscraft (2011) and break every other day (the plastic thing rips).

    I'm looking for a really durable, cheapish brand (low on money). Thanks for the help!

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Maritime canada
    Posts
    532
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Wrong thread, but if you're just playing in the backyard anything will do you can just go to sportchek or even Canadian tire and buy whatever is cheapest they should all be fine. Though I would recommend actually playing in a gym with real shuttles to get the best experience of this game. Edit - hadn't occurred to me there are other places called newington, those stores might not exist where you are.
    Last edited by decoy; 04-21-2013 at 08:09 PM.

  3. #3
    New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Newington
    Posts
    4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by decoy View Post
    Wrong thread, but if you're just playing in the backyard anything will do you can just go to sportchek or even Canadian tire and buy whatever is cheapest they should all be fine. Though I would recommend actually playing in a gym with real shuttles to get the best experience of this game. Edit - hadn't occurred to me there are other places called newington, those stores might not exist where you are.
    Oh sorry! & Yah I'm in USA haha.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Maritime canada
    Posts
    532
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Can probably find them in wal mart then. If I recall I couldn't find any badminton stuff at dick's or at Olympia sports or other chains. But Walmart might have the type that come in those backyard kits don't know if they'll be better. Otherwise maybe just try to find some Carlton nylons.

  5. #5
    New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Newington
    Posts
    4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by decoy View Post
    Can probably find them in wal mart then. If I recall I couldn't find any badminton stuff at dick's or at Olympia sports or other chains. But Walmart might have the type that come in those backyard kits don't know if they'll be better. Otherwise maybe just try to find some Carlton nylons.
    I'll check that out, so far I've been debating yunex mavis vs halex for backyard play.

    I just want ones that will last long, I hate the idea of having to constantly replace these things!

  6. #6
    Regular Member visor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    9,379
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Just get Mavis 300 or 2000 if you're getting Yonex. They'll last you a good long while.

  7. #7
    New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Newington
    Posts
    4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    Just get Mavis 300 or 2000 if you're getting Yonex. They'll last you a good long while.
    Okay thank you! What does "a good while" in your opinion mean? I honestly never thought about the shuttlecocks when thinking of badminton, I hope I won't have to buy a new set every few months.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Maritime canada
    Posts
    532
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    If you care how they fly you will have to change them every now and then if you play a bit. But considering wind and stuff if you're playing outside the 6 you get in the tube should last you a good while.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •