Shuttlecock (Newbie)

Discussion in 'Shuttlecock' started by AngelaA, Apr 21, 2013.

1. AngelaA

AngelaA New Member

Hi everyone,

My friend & I play badminton in my backyard for about an hour daily, just because we find it fun. We don't really compete against each other our goal is just to keep it in air as long as possible :p (we don't even use a net XD, but I'll get one later).

So my question is, what's a cheap plastic shuttlecock brand I should be looking to buy?
    The ones I currently have are from sportscraft (2011) and break every other day (the plastic thing rips).

I'm looking for a really durable, cheapish brand (low on money). Thanks for the help!

2. decoy

decoy Regular Member

Wrong thread, but if you're just playing in the backyard anything will do you can just go to sportchek or even Canadian tire and buy whatever is cheapest they should all be fine. Though I would recommend actually playing in a gym with real shuttles to get the best experience of this game. Edit - hadn't occurred to me there are other places called newington, those stores might not exist where you are.

#2 decoy, Apr 21, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2013
  3. AngelaA

AngelaA New Member

Oh sorry! & Yah I'm in USA haha.

4. decoy

decoy Regular Member

Can probably find them in wal mart then. If I recall I couldn't find any badminton stuff at ****'s or at Olympia sports or other chains. But Walmart might have the type that come in those backyard kits don't know if they'll be better. Otherwise maybe just try to find some Carlton nylons.

5. AngelaA

AngelaA New Member

I'll check that out, so far I've been debating yunex mavis vs halex for backyard play.

I just want ones that will last long, I hate the idea of having to constantly replace these things!

6. visor

visor Regular Member

Just get Mavis 300 or 2000 if you're getting Yonex. They'll last you a good long while.

7. AngelaA

AngelaA New Member

Okay thank you! What does "a good while" in your opinion mean? I honestly never thought about the shuttlecocks when thinking of badminton, I hope I won't have to buy a new set every few months.

8. decoy

decoy Regular Member

If you care how they fly you will have to change them every now and then if you play a bit. But considering wind and stuff if you're playing outside the 6 you get in the tube should last you a good while.