Where can I buy a 6 point mounting system?

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by jamex316, Apr 22, 2013.

1. jamex316

jamex316 Regular Member

As per the title.

Wanting JUST the mounting system, one that can go straight onto my swivel bar. Anyone who knows where to get them from will be great!

2. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    would be helpful and informative if you let us know what machine you have. all machines have different geometry and all manufacture have different spare part supplies.

3. jamex316

jamex316 Regular Member

I've got the eagnas hawk 16 with the 2 point mounting system.

4. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
  5. jamex316

jamex316 Regular Member

Thanks for scrutinising my machine, if that is all that you intended on doing when you first replied...your advice has been of no help. Cheers.

6. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    Kwun speaks the truth though. Upgrading the Hawk simply doesn't make sense.

7. jamex316

jamex316 Regular Member

The point of this thread is not for people to show off what fancy equipment they have or what people think is better, so don't reply if you don't intend on answering the question.

I'm not saying Kwun is wrong, its just not relevant in answering the question. Personally, I think the Hawk does a great job, I'm only wanting to improve the mounting system if its possible.

8. tcliang

tcliang Regular Member

University Professor
    It seems that there is no ready 6 point product for your machine. However, if you can do a little modification yourself, maybe you can try TRUMP (Taiwan). Just purchase 2 side support bar from GetSport Taiwan and modify them so that they can fit your swivel bar. See attached video follows.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aE2R4yx_jb4
    Call GetSport Taiwan by +886 4 2471 6912, hope they can speak English or you speak Chinese.

Or, you can take TRUMP's idea, find metal tubes, DIY side supports for your machine.

#8 tcliang, Apr 22, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2013
  9. jamex316

jamex316 Regular Member

Thanks! That's great help! Will look into and see what develops.

10. Neffri

Neffri Regular Member

The Hawk 16 mountsystem seems to be fixed with just one single bolt. So it looks like it would be really hard to actually create a 6-point system that is light enough to be held by that bolt and at the same time be solid enough to be useful at all.
    Do you seriously think they went in here and answered this thread just to brag about their 1k$+ machines?

The Hawk 16 is a very cheap one (fact, not an insult) and as Kwun said a 6-point system, if there even is one, would most likely cost more than the machine itself. And if thats the case i think their recommendation is to take that money and put in a better and more solid machine to begin with.
    To me that is to answer your question, even if the answer isnt what you wanted to hear.

11. jamex316

jamex316 Regular Member

From the fact that you've said the word "cheap", answers your first question.

I have no doubt that Kwun was correct in saying the money could be put to use better on another machine, I agree with it being another option, but I'm asking for options on a 6 point mount for securing the racquet from side ways movement only. I haven't had any issues with stringing with the hawk at all. Sure you could say that there are machines with better materials than what is on the hawk, but from first hand use, I think it does the job well, so why ditch something that works by saying there are better alternatives. If its not about money, then what is the point that you're making?

The mounting system off the swivel bar is secured using a U bracket not a bolt, I seriously doubt that the weight of a 6 point mounting system would some how collapse the stringing machine. Looking at other drop weight machines with the 6 point mounting system proves my point.

From some of the other threads about modifications etc, I'm sure someone with the know how could help in modifying the mounting system to work. I'm sorry if my intent on DIY is a bit too cheap for your liking, I get the point you're trying to make, its a crap machine.

12. Neffri

Neffri Regular Member

Cheap as in LOW COST, i actually think its the least expensive stringing machine ive ever seen. I never said its a bad machine. Im using a Ektelon Model D, crank, with a 2 point mounting system, which is maybe 15 years old... So, im not braging about my machine. Mine was very cheap to :)

Anyways, good luck with the modding