User Tag List

Page 19 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by depleter View Post
    What is IBA..?
    Sorry! BAI... All those acronyms get me confused....

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    Agree with djake

I know a lot of Indian fans will think differently, but I have constantly said that the IBA need to increase infrastructure, and bring in more top international coaches. Plus, better full-time support services in terms of analysts/strategists etc. I guess it will all come together sometime, once the game begins to receive more investment and funding. Only then can the Indian players translate their potential into more serious (and consistent) results on the world stage.

IBA will also need to look deep into the small towns for the next lot of players -people from the big city lights have their sights usually set on other things. The BCCI adopted this approach over the past 10-odd years, and reaped immense benefits by unearthing dozens of great players...

I believe there has also been some concern at some time, about not giving par treatment to players from academies and centres other than Gopichand's, (the usual politics?) but those may be exaggerated reports - I don't really know....

On the whole though, the signs are very encouraging.
    Oh! You meant Indian badminton Association..?
    It's BAI, not IBA..
    Of course as you said Infrastructure and International Coaches are important, but funding is always the problem. Even big Cities doesn't have proper Badminton halls. But all could change with IBL.
    If you take IPL..I would say it only made rich Indian cricketers richer...
    But if you take IBL...It would change many things...Money would be invested into Infrastructure, proper training and many things..It could be a saviour for badminton in India.

And that talk about PAR treatment...? lol! I don't exactly know which other academy exists which produce PAR results..

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by etudiant View Post
    Wow, Rian/Angga quietly snuck in deeply into later stages of the draw

GL also 2mrw April and Towi/Lily
    Not surprised about Rian/Angga They've been steadily improving this year, and the 2 tournament wins down under must have really boosted their confidence... now INA look like having a credible second MD pair.

Actually Towi/Lily have a tricky match tomorrow against Mateusiak/Zieba -the Polish pair have been rediscovering their mojo recently!

April will be up against Juliane tomorrow -hope she can make a fight of it, after her long match against Busanan...

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Just realised that the India Open quarter-finals stage had just one entry still standing from China! The MD pair of XL/ZQ, and they went on to beat #1 seeded BoMo and advance into the semis!

When was the last time we have witnessed this happen in a SS?

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It's BAI, not IBA..
    Of course as you said Infrastructure and International Coaches are important, but funding is always the problem. Even big Cities doesn't have proper Badminton halls. But all could change with IBL.
    But if you take IBL...It would change many things...Money would be invested into Infrastructure, proper training and many things..It could be a saviour for badminton in India.
    I sincerely hope you're right, but I have a feeling it won't necessarily be the case... in fact, I'd say the IBL success is still a story to be written, so let's not put cart before horse...

And that talk about PAR treatment...? lol! I don't exactly know which other academy exists which produce PAR results..
    ...which is why I also said, "but those may be exaggerated reports - I don't really know...."

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I sincerely hope you're right, but I have a feeling it won't necessarily be the case... in fact, I'd say the IBL success is still a story to be written, so let's not put cart before horse...
    But..That's the only way to involve the private sector in badminton
    And of course IBL has a long way to go but I sincerely hope for it's success

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

one of the most diverse SS semi final i have seen for a while.

10 countries among 20 semi-finalists.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Of the 5 Indian MS quarter-finalists only one advanced to the semis -and it was the unlikeliest one, Anand Pawar! He'll be up against Kenichi Tago, who has already played 3 Indians in the earlier rounds... I'd give Tago the edge in their encounter. And that might mean a finals rematch with LCW....

Sindhu is an enigma that continues to confound. I think limsy should just continue PAWing against her, since this appears to work in her favour! She's up next against May though, and that girl seems pretty determined to get herself a title here... lets see if Sindhu can deny her...

China's LX/QZ will battle INA's Rian/Angga for a place in the finals, against one of the remaining 2 Korean MD teams.... as usual, the MD title is wide open

And the Japanese girls likewise will battle for a place in the finals, against either the Danish or Korean WD pairs. It is possibly going to be a finals by seeding - Misaki/Ayaka vs Christinna/Kamilla

Adcock/White have so far played so well to make it to the semis, and now face Sung/Kim in a tough test of their abilities. In the top half, the resurgent Mateusiak/Zieba will fancy their chances against ToLyn and hope the wrong Towi turns up tomorrow!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    one of the most diverse SS semi final i have seen for a while.

10 countries among 20 semi-finalists.
    Boss, I know one or two who'll cynically respond by, " Of course, that's because 'that one country' didn't send full force."

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jagdpanther View Post
    Boss, I know one or two who'll cynically respond by, " Of course, that's because 'that one country' didn't send full force."
    true. but hey, generosity is always welcomed.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ibelieveindevil View Post
    Bo/Mo seem to lose some edges recently...
    Maybe it is age factor but they are the only European pair who can seriously take on any Asian pairs to win big titles at the moment.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not surprised about Rian/Angga They've been steadily improving this year, and the 2 tournament wins down under must have really boosted their confidence... now INA look like having a credible second MD pair.

Actually Towi/Lily have a tricky match tomorrow against Mateusiak/Zieba -the Polish pair have been rediscovering their mojo recently!

April will be up against Juliane tomorrow -hope she can make a fight of it, after her long match against Busanan...
    Yeah, Rian/Angga should be consistent pair in future

If I were Towi/Lily, I should be fear of Poland pair, they are so aggresive esp Zieba in front of the net, it's like she's ready to throw back everything

As for Aprilia, she just need bit tidy in finishing touch against my other fav player Julianne.
    Skill wise Ithink they are on same level

Btw, what time SF started ???
    TS hasnt updated anything ????

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Judging by the start time showing on the BWF youtube site, I'd say 3pm India local time...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's BAI, not IBA..

I would say that BAI is too democratic in nature and tends to let the academies (or some of the academies such as Gopichand's academy) have too much decision-making power. There are a number of academies in India, but they operate pretty much in silos and BAI doesn't take notice until something spectacular happens ......

INA had clubs too, but the central setup (PBSI) would have a say if they feel it is better to pair one player with another talent from different clubs to create a very strong partnership. In India this is hardly the case, then again it seems that BAI hardly ever is involved in the training.

As for the question regarding other academies that need to produce results, what results could be produced if their players stay home and the majority of the players going to tournaments come from one or two academies only?

In short, BAI has to have a firmer and fairer policy to blood more talents and not get the rest go to waste. Some of the supposedly new talents here are already 22-25 years old. So they are not new, just that they didn't have opportunities before.
    Last edited by abedeng; 04-26-2013 at 10:39 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by abedeng View Post
    I would say that BAI is too democratic in nature and tends to let the academies (or some of the academies such as Gopichand's academy) have too much decision-making power. There are a number of academies in India, but they operate pretty much in silos and BAI doesn't take notice until something spectacular happens ......

INA had clubs too, but the central setup (PBSI) would have a say if they feel it is better to pair one player with another talent from different clubs to create a very strong partnership. In India this is hardly the case, then again it seems that BAI hardly ever is involved in the training.

As for the question regarding other academies that need to produce results, what results could be produced if their players stay home and the majority of the players going to tournaments come from one or two academies only?

In short, BAI has to have a firmer and fairer policy to blood more talents and not get the rest go to waste. Some of the supposedly new talents here are already 22-25 years old. So they are not new, just that they didn't have opportunities before.
    I share your opinion. Major badminton academies hardly co-operate with each other or work together. People are having too much ego. For example, Padukone and Uday Pawar (Anand Pawar's father) never work with Gopi. On surface, everyone has good things to say about one another but I have not seen anyone of those guys sharing the same stage at any point. Not at least in the media.

Uday's academy and Padukone's academy are also good but not as efficient and effective as Gopi's. BAI is very meek in handling stuff. Their actions are more of reactive in nature than proactive. But coming to IBL they are acting very swiftly coz it gonna churn out a lot of money, by their assumptions. Its really tough to say if IBL will be a success though.
    Last edited by rahuldarga; 04-26-2013 at 11:02 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I seems that my local TV station will not broadcast Rian/Angga versus Liu/Qiu, as their match is on court 2 while local TV station will only broadcast court 1 matches. I am so eager to watch their match especially against Liu/Qiu, it will be awesome....

Page 19 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast