User Tag List

Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, this Chn pair is really something...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AlanY View Post
    27+3 still doesn't make 31!
    Alan, not everyone like you dare to find the facts by yourself and state the facts. Many ppls here just like to quote and blindly believe in whatever said by his own so-called official source like that GC, try to make himself an authority...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

comprehensive win for China once again

China didn't let Korea get into their rhythm and rotation with their fast drives

If Ko and Lee are to develop as a team, Ko Sung Hyun must improve on his fast exchanges. He is not as relaxed or flexible as his partner, but can improve if major adjustments can be made to his defensive style..

Lee Yong Dae on the other hand needs to anticipate better and take even more control. Today he did not play that much of a role in the game
    Last edited by icey_drone; 04-28-2013 at 09:55 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This CHN pair is the hottest MD pair recently, beating each of Bo/Mo and LYD/KSH twice within the past 2 months and bagged AE and India SS titles...

With KKK/TBH on their decline, Fu/Cai troubled with injuries, they have good opportunity in WC. See if they could keep the good form to WC.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ko seems to be the weak link even when he partner Yoo YS. We can see that Ko is trying his best, but after few years playing in international tournaments, Ko is still not the consistent good player, even after partnering Lee YD. if the Korean really wants a top pair challenging WR1, I think Kim SR should pair up with Lee YD. Both the Korean pairs ( Kim/Kim and Lee/Ko) are almost there, but it is difficult for me to see them at the summit.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AlanY View Post
    27+3 still doesn't make 31!
    yup
    should be 30 at most.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by scorpion1 View Post
    That was certainly due to LCW's off day.. Tian Houwei got beaten in the first round of next tournament by anand pawar..
    if you want others to give credit to the many improved indian young ms players, why dont you give credit to tian houwei who have beaten WR no 1 and won the australian GP Gold ??

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Before Inthanon-Schenk macth i thought "may the better player win", and guess what, 'May', the better player won

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy_Goh View Post
    Ko seems to be the weak link even when he partner Yoo YS. We can see that Ko is trying his best, but after few years playing in international tournaments, Ko is still not the consistent good player, even after partnering Lee YD. if the Korean really wants a top pair challenging WR1, I think Kim SR should pair up with Lee YD. Both the Korean pairs ( Kim/Kim and Lee/Ko) are almost there, but it is difficult for me to see them at the summit.
    He was most certainly not the weak link in the Ko/Yoo pairing. Having watched as many of their matches as possible, he was superior in almost all areas. Only once in a SS final match did Yoo not try to flee from the net as much as possible, which immediately made them play much better against BoMo. I never understood why he was so afraid to go towards the net, given how he wasn't as strong as Ko from the back.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lcw vs tago.

Name:  tago-lcw_12-7.JPG
Views: 795
Size:  25.8 KB
    called in. I think that's out. You can't get a harder decision, though!

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by amleto View Post
    lcw vs tago.

Name:  tago-lcw_12-7.JPG
Views: 795
Size:  25.8 KB
    called in. I think that's out. You can't get a harder decision, though!
    Dang! Even with video replay technology, if I were the umpire or linesman, I'd wimp out and call a let.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

well, China did it again. on impending doom of Fu / Cai getting old and no one to to take over, now we have Liu Xiaolong / Qiu Zihan who came out of nowhere (kinda) and took the MD world by storm. after their win in AE everyone still have their doubts but they proved themselves in this India Open SS by beating Boe/Mogensen and more significantly Ko Sung Hyun / Lee Yong Dae.

unfortunately i had to go out for a bike ride this morning and missed all the final matches. the MD final will be one that i will catch up on first.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How come nobody complained about the line judges yet? Or have I missed it? The calling in the Tago-Pawar match was the most biased I've seen in a while...

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j4ckie View Post
    How come nobody complained about the line judges yet? Or have I missed it? The calling in the Tago-Pawar match was the most biased I've seen in a while...
    there was one where the linesman was unsighted by tago's foot and should have indicated so, instead he called it in when clearly on replay it was 8 inches out...

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The shuttle doesn't just appear there, it falls down. With the margins I've seen so far, anyone not completely blind could've seen the shot was out even if the foot was inbetween the judge and the shuttle. But perhaps I haven't stumbled upon the unsighted one yet....
    On a side note, it's rather visible why Pawar hasn't had much success in world terms. Very single-minded, not creative at all when he has the attack...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No repetition outcome for Ko Sung Hyun from last week BAC victory, he failed to gain top honours here in both categories. INA, JPN, THA, MAS and CHN shared 1 title each through XD, WD, WS, MS and MD respectively. Congrats to Towi/Liliyana to create hat-trick and Ratchanok for her first ever SS title and all the winners as well

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the just-concluded Yonex Sunrise India Open 2013, India paraded its many young talents who should be a force to be reckoned with in the next couple of years.
    Although the Indians didn't win any titles, their men's and women's singles players managed to clinch third placings.
    Their biggest disappointment had be their number one women's singles player Saina Nehwal who lost to the unseeded Japanese Yui Hashimoto in the 2nd round.
    Ratchanok Intanon of Thailand landed her first super series tournament title after playing bridesmaid in four previous finals and at 18 years should be able to win more titles. Watch out China.
    Liu Xiaolong/Qiu Zihan showed that their AE win in March was no fluke when they won again.
    In the AE and Indian Opens, they beat world number one Mathias Boe/Carsten Mogensen and were on top again, against Ko Sung Hyun/ Lee Yong Dae as they did in the German Open.
    Obviously China do have to depend on their former top pair of CY/FHF.
    Lee Chong Wei didn't disappoint when he landed his 31st super series title which he dedicated to his baby son, Kingston.
    His failure at the Australian Open was obviously a hiccup as he had to grapple with with the impending birth of Kingston and his illness and BAM was insensitive in sending him to compete at that Open.
    It is hoped that LCW withdraws from the Malaysian Open GPG Open so as not to overtax himself and avoid injuries.
    Congratulations to all the winners.
    Last edited by skchen; 04-28-2013 at 08:35 PM.

Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 LastLast