User Tag List

Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by amleto View Post
    lcw vs tago.

Attachment 141050
    called in. I think that's out. You can't get a harder decision, though!
    that, would be denounced as "clipped the outside edge of the line" by Gillian Clark..

but what bs. it's out. shuttle never even touched the line

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can Anyone Please tell me where I can watch the repeat telecasts of the full games of the Sunrise India open on EXCEPT for on YOU-TUBE??? I would really appreciate your help... please, Anyone. Youtube can not be accessed Here in Bangladesh, even if accessed, the videos do not play. Please please please, anybody Give me the name of the Sites from where I can watch not only the Sunrise open but other Series also like the AXIATA CUP etc...

Please note: The Videos must be of the full game... Pleas help/// I cant seem to find any place other than the youtube!!!

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@SidratuI

Just use Firefox
    with ip blocker plug in

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Liu/Qiu are looking like the real deal, no flash in the pan.

LCW cashed his appearance fees for another SmoothSail.

May will March on in August style. WC favourites, look out! She's really finding her groove now.

Maeda/Suetsuna, so often the nearly pair, finally make good!

Towi/Lily justify their ranking and remain on message. Great job!

Some random thoughts.....

Sindhu seems to have lost some of the edge she had, somehow; she looked tentative in at least two of the matches I saw, and her defence sucks! Back to the gym, girl!

The find of the tournament for me at least, was Prannoy. Fearless, with the skills and strength to back it up. Strong as an ox. Got the height, the muscle and lungs. Got strong wrists, too. Like so many Indian players, needs to build more consistency, get better conditioning, and improve front-court coverage. Possibly top-25 in a year, if he's given the backing and chance to participate in enough tournaments.

KSH needs to focus only on MD; I think, only then can he and LYD be the really standout combination that we used to expect of LYD/CJS.

In another year or two, the horde of young doubles teams from INA will be coming of age; then everything may change. Sadly, the regeneration of their famed MS strength (and to some extent the WS) has not taken off...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

KSH needs to focus only on MD; I think, only then can he and LYD be the really standout combination that we used to expect of LYD/CJS.
    I think exactly the opposite; I think MX will help him develop more awareness and tactical astuteness. It's also more common in the mixed to press up on the half-court (noticed his absence there in the mixed a few times). Al things he could do with adding to his game.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SolsticeOfLight View Post
    I think exactly the opposite; I think MX will help him develop more awareness and tactical astuteness. It's also more common in the mixed to press up on the half-court (noticed his absence there in the mixed a few times). Al things he could do with adding to his game.
    Agreed. I also think it's healthy for him to be the leader in the partnership as opposed to his MD partnership where most ppl see LYD as some kind of god who has no faults...and XD was originally his strongest discipline. I think he can draw confidence from a good partnership, and he and KHN have certainly had a good start.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by amleto View Post
    lcw vs tago.

called in. I think that's out. You can't get a harder decision, though!
    Strictly speaking, only a video can prove that it was out, as the shuttle sometimes does a double bounce.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by phil-mm View Post
    Strictly speaking, only a video can prove that it was out, as the shuttle sometimes does a double bounce.
    True, but I'm sure you're aware that photo is a screen grab of a slow mo video instant replay.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Further discussion on India's improvement in this thread will be deleted.

Mod

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Posts discussing India's improvement or lack of improvement have been moved to the India Badminton thread. Don't give the moderators more work to do. Thank you.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lots of complaints I've seen from European players about food poisoning while in India this week. Explains the poor performance of some.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LD rules! View Post
    Lots of complaints I've seen from European players about food poisoning while in India this week. Explains the poor performance of some.
    May i know who are those whom you have seen complaining?? I mean those " Lots of European players". I have never seen anybody complaining about the food.. Please i ask you to mention those lots of names from Europe who complained about the food and any proof??

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by scorpion1 View Post
    May i know who are those whom you have seen complaining?? I mean those " Lots of European players". I have never seen anybody complaining about the food.. Please i ask you to mention those lots of names from Europe who complained about the food and any proof??
    No need to be obnoxious Very common that Europeans who aren't used to the regional cuisine (and more importantly, all the different bacteria/germs in the water) get mostly minor food poisoning. A friend just went to India for vacation and got sick from drinking tap water once.
    Anyhow, people getting sick is mostly their own fault for not being cautious enough (only drinking closed, bottled water).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by scorpion1 View Post
    Feel free to consult there twitter accounts, but if I remember correctly the list includes:

Jan Ø Jørgensen
    Peter Mills
    Chris Langbridge

And also some English coaching staff and who knows, others who I don't have on twitter

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here is the "proof" you need:

(Obviously the second photo, not the first, it's difficult to upload from my phone)
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Obviously they cannot stomach the real curry!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LD rules! View Post
    Feel free to consult there twitter accounts, but if I remember correctly the list includes:

Jan Ø Jørgensen
    Peter Mills
    Chris Langbridge

And also some English coaching staff and who knows, others who I don't have on twitter
    One or two rare examples occurs in every tournament. I have examples who liked the indian food . For example, Juliane schenk in one of the interviews, she said that she liked indian food.. Here are the excerpts of the interview..

http://www.dnaindia.com/sport/182786...juliane-schenk

Excerpts:

Do you like playing in India?
    I totally enjoy it here. I love the people, the food. This is my third visit to India and second time to New Delhi. I have very good memories. Maybe I will come back again. ............................

blah..blah..blah.

I just wanted to mention you that you can't bluntly say like as if "lots of european players got affected". I accept that one or two got affected and it happens to anybody who participates in any of the tournaments around the world.

Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 LastLast